Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New International Economy Comfort Section for Long-Haul Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2011, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Look for new International Economy news on Delta this coming Monday.....
Old Feb 4, 2011, 6:29 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by SRQRoadWarrior
Look for new International Economy news on Delta this coming Monday.....
...Delta to increase cost of alcohol on those flights....
Old Feb 4, 2011, 6:53 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Are they finally going to announce plans to introduce CosySuites?
Old Feb 4, 2011, 7:08 am

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
It sounds like the official introduction of EconomyElite, Premium Economy, or whatever they decide to call it.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by timf
It sounds like the official introduction of EconomyElite, Premium Economy, or whatever they decide to call it.
Six more inches of leg room for $500 additional fare. Five rows on most international flights, phased in over the next few years starting with 757s. Cheap or free upgrades maybe possibly available for medallions if nobody bids for the seats? Still no use for SWUs.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WildUtah
Six more inches of leg room for $500 additional fare. Five rows on most international flights, phased in over the next few years starting with 757s. Cheap or free upgrades maybe possibly available for medallions if nobody bids for the seats? Still no use for SWUs.
Maybe they will follow AF/KL rules on SWUs -- SWU can be used for Y to Y+ or for Y+ to J.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 1:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Still no use for SWUs.
Have you not been following along in the threads that discuss SWU's and there usage on Airfrance (A and W fares)?
Old Feb 4, 2011, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by GBadger
Maybe they will follow AF/KL rules on SWUs -- SWU can be used for Y to Y+ or for Y+ to J.
Well, that would further dillute the value of SWUs if the supposed "Premium Economy" product is simply a seat with 6" more legroom. That means that, by definition, all exit row seats would automagically become "Premium Economy" so, as a PM, instead of being able to select an exit row seat, I'd have to use an SWU or 25K miles?

Now, if Delta were to take old Domestic FC seats or, even better yet, old BusinessElite seats (adjusted to provide movement consistent with decreased pitch) and offer that product along with modest in-flight service enhancements (free ABs, domestic snack basket available throughout the flight, warm second meal choice), I could then see them wanting to charge a modest "uplift" (say 1/2 an SWU, for economy to "better economy").
Old Feb 4, 2011, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by jimrpa
Well, that would further dillute the value of SWUs if the supposed "Premium Economy" product is simply a seat with 6" more legroom. That means that, by definition, all exit row seats would automagically become "Premium Economy" so, as a PM, instead of being able to select an exit row seat, I'd have to use an SWU or 25K miles?

Now, if Delta were to take old Domestic FC seats or, even better yet, old BusinessElite seats (adjusted to provide movement consistent with decreased pitch) and offer that product along with modest in-flight service enhancements (free ABs, domestic snack basket available throughout the flight, warm second meal choice), I could then see them wanting to charge a modest "uplift" (say 1/2 an SWU, for economy to "better economy").
LY Offers people to upgrade to Business at a cheaper rate but with Economy Service. I'd take that for an SWU
Old Feb 4, 2011, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
I would love to see an upgraded economy cabin, such as Premium Economy on Air France, but unfortunately I think Delta will follow KLM and United, where the same economy seats are used but with more legroom. Sure hope I am wrong...
Old Feb 4, 2011, 2:29 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
I would love to see an upgraded economy cabin, such as Premium Economy on Air France, but unfortunately I think Delta will follow KLM and United, where the same economy seats are used but with more legroom. Sure hope I am wrong...
Agreed. DL could justify charging an extra 500 for proper premium econ seats, but I fear they will try charging 150 for standard econ with extra leg room. That said, KL offers Economy Comfort as a free bennie to FB Plats, and DL would likely follow (another reason a small proper Y+ cabin would likely be more profitable, IMO).
Old Feb 4, 2011, 3:08 pm

"Big announcement" regarding international economy coming on Monday -- thoughts?

In Richard Anderson's weekly recorded address he hints about a "big" announcement about international economy on Monday. Have you guys got any idea on what topic he speaks of?
Old Feb 4, 2011, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT 3MM, DL PM 2MM
Nothing is perfect but kudo's to Delta for staying innovative for US legacies in introducing something new. One can shop around to AF or BA etc but there now may be a DL option (more like UA E+ but again a new option). 1+
Old Feb 4, 2011, 3:25 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Maybe a separate three cabin config? BE, "proper premium econ" and coach, each with their own defined cabin space.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 3:26 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
Yeah, like GBadger, really hoping for SWU useage to go Y to Y+ and Y+ to J like AF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.