Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta's online award reservation has changed - No redemption level calendars

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta's online award reservation has changed - No redemption level calendars

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2011, 2:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, AMEX MR, BA, DL, SPG, UA, US, Hyatt Platinum
Delta's online award reservation display has changed

I just logged on to Delta.com and tried to do an award search. The system has changed. The award calendar option is now on the left column.

Last edited by whynotgo; Feb 3, 2011 at 11:30 am
Old Feb 3, 2011, 2:54 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by whynotgo
I just logged on to Delta.com and tried to do an award search. The system has changed and there is no calendar/award level option.
What ever would prompt DL to pull such a thing now (if at all) after all this time of having it (still) up?
Old Feb 3, 2011, 2:55 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
They didn't pull it. Click "View Award Calendar" on the left side of the screen.

Why would they make it less obvious? (1) To increase the people who spend more SkyPesos than they should for a trip. (2) To hide how broken it is. Point in fact, it reported low availability for a mock booking I did and claimed that 150K for LON-ATL-LON BE was low.

Last edited by mtkeller; Feb 3, 2011 at 3:02 am Reason: Second paragraph
Old Feb 3, 2011, 3:50 am

Programs: DL-DM, PC-PM
They are playing with Dl.dumb again. Probably in a state of flux as they just had the STL 2x MQM Promo displaying on the front page. Of course clicking on it says the promo is not active.

Just checked the award calendar and you can still rock the months back and forth and have it show more low availability (but I didn't check actual availability of the low award)

Last edited by USAF_Pride; Feb 3, 2011 at 4:13 am
Old Feb 3, 2011, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Actually the calendar seems to be working still with a new interface. However, what still isn't fixed is:

1. Clicking month to month takes like 30 sec
2. Still very little green international J to Asia
Old Feb 3, 2011, 5:21 am

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Actually the calendar seems to be working still with a new interface. However, what still isn't fixed is:

1. Clicking month to month takes like 30 sec
2. Still very little green international J to Asia
All window dressing. Seems not to be substantive.

A interesting psychological change is that the calendar colors are now green (LOW), yellow (MED) and blue (HIGH) - I guess the previous color of red for the HIGH awards was shocking... Too much like a STOP sign - DON'T BOOK IT!

I don't like the limit of 20 flights per page though... Looks more like the booking pages - I guess if you get more information, you need more space for it.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
My DTW-SYD searches reflected calendar month changes in five seconds. That's not 'like thirty seconds' to me.

The calendar still shows a problem where Low + Low dates yields a Low + Medium price, and Medium + Medium = Medium + High miles. Whether it's display logic or grade school math it's really well past time to correct that defect.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 6:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Delta states on their website that they began fixing the award calendar in May 2010 and will be completing by the end of next month. Frankly I have not seen any improvments yet. Where is all the much need functionality we have been waiting for? (added partners online, able to see miles per segment for multi-city, fix LOW/MEDIUM/HIGH results, comprehensive award redemption chart etc, etc)

Anyone want to bet that this will not be completed by the end of March??

I am betting Delta will simply update the website to say the changes are coming by the end of July or something and keep pushing it back like they have...
Old Feb 3, 2011, 6:35 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
My DTW-SYD searches reflected calendar month changes in five seconds. That's not 'like thirty seconds' to me.

The calendar still shows a problem where Low + Low dates yields a Low + Medium price, and Medium + Medium = Medium + High miles. Whether it's display logic or grade school math it's really well past time to correct that defect.
I'd be really happy for it to take 30 seconds and provide accurate results instead of what you describe.

David
Old Feb 3, 2011, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are tabs to switch between Economy and Bus/F on the award calendar display now, at least when I searched one-way (trying to fill in an NRT-SIN segment that wasn't available when I booked). This saves me a little time.

Not that I found any flights at low level.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 9:53 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now

A interesting psychological change is that the calendar colors are now green (LOW), yellow (MED) and blue (HIGH) - I guess the previous color of red for the HIGH awards was shocking... Too much like a STOP sign - DON'T BOOK IT!
This is funny - no doubt someone thought the RED only emphasized how offensive high awards were
Old Feb 3, 2011, 10:31 am

Programs: Delta Diamond / United 1K / HHonors Diamond
Here's their blog post about it: http://blog.delta.com/2011/02/03/imp...-on-delta-com/
Old Feb 3, 2011, 10:42 am

Programs: LH SEN, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Hilton Gold
And they mention that "functional enhancements" will come in the next week. Let's hope they'll be functional.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 10:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bradjward
The only thing important in the new blog is the statement: "Functional award calendar improvements are coming to the SkyMiles award calendar soon." I hope they bring back the things that everyone here has been screaming for since NWA went away..
Old Feb 3, 2011, 11:22 am

Programs: DL-DM, PC-PM
Pretty convinent that the picture they have showing the award calendar is all Low except 1 day!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.