Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Expedite" on boarding pass

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2011, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by dl767captain
Did you just get the Delta Reserve Amex card? When I got mine that started showing up on my card. Apparently it means you get sky priority access. Unfortunately no one at the airport or TSA knows this and will just send you away. It took a call to delta to find out what it meant but they couldn't say if the GA would know about it.
Be careful here -- expedite does not mean SkyPriority. The AMEX Reserve card which gets you 'expedite' only gives you access to the priority security screening lanes, and nothing else. Full "SkyPriority" gives you access to the check-in lanes, checked-baggage tags, security lanes, and the boarding lane.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:32 pm

My previous post is no longer valid now. Unfortunately the mobile phone version of the ticket no longer shows the Sky Priority logo when the paper ticket still shows 'Expidite'. Does anyone else use this benefit with their reserve card? Do you have a hard time with agents or security not understanding the 'Expidite' keyword? Now that I have to show a paper ticket to use the benefit I've had security question if I should be allowed to use the line but not denied yet.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 8:53 am

Programs: DL GM, Hhonors Gold, SPG Platinum
I'm FO and just got my Delta Gold card upgraded to a Reserve. Saw "Expedite" for the first time on a ticket yesterday, so it definitely seems to be connected to the Reserve card.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 1:17 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite, SpaceX Lunar Elite
Originally Posted by rsking
I'm FO and just got my Delta Gold card upgraded to a Reserve. Saw "Expedite" for the first time on a ticket yesterday, so it definitely seems to be connected to the Reserve card.
Same here. Just got the AMX Reserve and as an FO I now have EXPEDITE. It just worked for me to get into the Sky priority lane at LGA. I hope they continue to honor this as the shortened security line is the ONE reason I'm excited to someday make GM status. Even more than upgrades to F based on the short flights I take.

Let's hope the word is out on EXPEDITE and it continues to work for us AMX Reserve holders.

Side note: I don't have the card in hand yet (it's in the mail) and the Delta Skyclub wouldn't let me in. I guess next week when I'm here I'm going to raid the biscoff's pretty heavy to get back at them.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by domCMH
Side note: I don't have the card in hand yet (it's in the mail) and the Delta Skyclub wouldn't let me in. I guess next week when I'm here I'm going to raid the biscoff's pretty heavy to get back at them.
You shouldn't need the card. They should be able to scan your BP and see it on your account -- although the systems might take some time to update. I've never had to show the card.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by Ascii
You shouldn't need the card. They should be able to scan your BP and see it on your account -- although the systems might take some time to update. I've never had to show the card.
I thought so. I offered to sign into my delta.dumb account and show them where it says I have the card. They then said that they had to swipe the card. I explained I still had my gold AMX with the SAME NUMBER so let's try that and see if it works. They said no. No big deal. I'll just go nuts on the biscoff's next week like I said. ^
Old Mar 7, 2013, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Ascii
I'm Diamond, and I only have to show my boarding pass. (When I had Amex Platinum as the only admission, I did have to show the card.)
Old Mar 7, 2013, 2:11 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
I thought the Boarding Pass actually printed on it that you are a RESERVE CARDHOLDER?

Is that not the case?
Old Mar 7, 2013, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by FlyAO2
I thought the Boarding Pass actually printed on it that you are a RESERVE CARDHOLDER?

Is that not the case?
Nope, just PNR / EXPEDITE on the top of mine and no other reference.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 5:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by domCMH
I thought so. I offered to sign into my delta.dumb account and show them where it says I have the card. They then said that they had to swipe the card. I explained I still had my gold AMX with the SAME NUMBER so let's try that and see if it works. They said no. No big deal. I'll just go nuts on the biscoff's next week like I said. ^
Honestly, they were probably confused as soon as you mentioned gaining access via Amex. Certain Amex cards DO have to be swiped because they are not tied to the DL account. The Reserve is different, but not every employee knows the details. Just handing them the boarding pass and your ID without further comment should be sufficient.

Did they even try to scan your BP?
Old Mar 8, 2013, 6:00 pm

Programs: DL PM/1.4MM, Marriott Titanium Elite, TSA Pre✓, Global Entry
I never have to show reserve card at sc checkin. Just my bp and id.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 12:10 pm

Programs: AMEX DL Reserve ✈ DL Diamond Medallion ✈ Marriott ✈ NWA
Expedite on DL Boarding Pass

I just came from ZRH and ATL. I asked the gate agents in ZRH and ATL what "EXPEDITE" means on my boarding pass. They said they didn't know. I asked the Sky Club People in ATL and they said they didn't know either.
This is the first time I saw this on my boarding pass. I also just got the AMEX Reserve card.
Can anyone send me the DL link where I can print and show them and for me what this means?
I've been searching, I can't find a link. (So I can show them what this means)
Thank you

Last edited by NWA777; Aug 8, 2013 at 10:50 am
Old Aug 8, 2013, 11:13 am

Programs: AMEX DL Reserve ✈ DL Diamond Medallion ✈ Marriott ✈ NWA
I Tweeted Delta and it says "it typically means that you have Priority Boarding".

I e-mailed Delta and they said "To clarify, as Delta Reserve Credit Card (IP) member your are eligible for Sky Priority Security Screening—EXPEDITE and hence the same is updated on your boarding pass."
Old Aug 8, 2013, 3:07 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by NWA777
I just came from ZRH and ATL. I asked the gate agents in ZRH and ATL what "EXPEDITE" means on my boarding pass. They said they didn't know. I asked the Sky Club People in ATL and they said they didn't know either.
This is the first time I saw this on my boarding pass. I also just got the AMEX Reserve card.
Can anyone send me the DL link where I can print and show them and for me what this means?
I've been searching, I can't find a link. (So I can show them what this means)
Thank you
I also have DL reserve, I have had no issues getting access to priority security line at LGA, ORD, CLE, and FLL. I also just got FO status, although I realize this will not change the boarding pass to SKY PRIORITY unless I get upgraded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.