Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2011, 6:46 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by branman1986
My data points:

No status + Reserve, 10 or so random BPs all with EXPEDITE
FO + Reserve, 3 flights, BPs all printed at once, SKY PRIORITY
FO + Reserve, a flight the very next day back to EXPEDITE

One other piece of data is that I got upgraded on the last leg of the 3 flights, so that may have bumped it to SKY PRIORITY and trumped EXPEDITE. All flights were LUTs, except the one V.

So we may be onto why EXPEDITE shows up, but still no idea what the heck it does.
If the upgrade clears in advance, then you'll be SkyPriority for all the flights that are part of that leg (you got upgraded for one segment).
Old Feb 15, 2011, 7:18 am

Programs: DL Million Miler, Skymiles GM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite
Wait for it....

I'm just waiting for DL to start printing YWKWYA on my boarding pass and HOOU coupons.

(Yes We Know Who You Are)
Old Feb 15, 2011, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM | 1 Million Miler
Originally Posted by jeff30189
I'm just waiting for DL to start printing YWKWYA on my boarding pass and HOOU coupons.

(Yes We Know Who You Are)
What does YWKWYA mean?
Old Feb 15, 2011, 7:29 am

Programs: DL PE, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, UA Prem, PC Plat
Originally Posted by mfong
What does YWKWYA mean?
I'm thinking: "Yes, We Know Who You Are"

or

"You Will Know Who You Are"
Old Feb 15, 2011, 7:43 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mfong
What does YWKWYA mean?
Didn't you copy the answer in your quote??
Old Feb 15, 2011, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM | 1 Million Miler
Originally Posted by branman1986
Didn't you copy the answer in your quote??
I didn't realize that, I thought it was his signature.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 9:41 am

Data points

I'm a FO with a reserve card, and the pattern with me is this:

1: When upgrade is confirmed prior to check in, SKY PRIORITY appears.
2: No upgrade is confirmed, EXPEDITE appears.
3: On award ticket with no upgrade possibility, EXPEDITE appears.
4: Never appeared prior to status/Reserve (had 22,000 MQM so this happened simultaneously)

It's been my experience that EXPEDITE allows you to use the frequent traveler security lanes, never noticed anything with bags.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 11:14 am

Programs: DL Kettle
I have the exact same experiences as krusty1231, I am also FO + Reserve
Old Aug 12, 2011, 8:39 am

Since I never found a "definitive" answer in the several threads on this -- I called Delta, and the lady said she had no idea and put me on hold -- came back three minutes later and said its specifically because of the Delta Reserve AMEX and that it allows me to use expedited security lines at _all_ airports. She was very confident after going to ask whomever.

Great news! I didn't ever know about that beni.

^
Old Aug 12, 2011, 8:50 am

Yes, I have confirmed this with both Amex and Delta. "Expedite" gets you priority security line access.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 9:09 am

Programs: 1 MM Skymiles,Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by johnm1019
Since I never found a "definitive" answer in the several threads on this -- I called Delta, and the lady said she had no idea and put me on hold -- came back three minutes later and said its specifically because of the Delta Reserve AMEX and that it allows me to use expedited security lines at _all_ airports. She was very confident after going to ask whomever.

Great news! I didn't ever know about that beni.

^
Unfortunately , not all airports know of the "expedite". They look for sky priority on the pass. Expedite to them means nothing ,since delta includes on their signs the sky-priority lane(nothing about expedite), therefore if it(bp) does not say sky-priority you go back to the general line. I have encountered this in almost all airports I have flown.
VS

VS
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:45 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion | SPG Gold
Did you just get the Delta Reserve Amex card? When I got mine that started showing up on my card. Apparently it means you get sky priority access. Unfortunately no one at the airport or TSA knows this and will just send you away. It took a call to delta to find out what it meant but they couldn't say if the GA would know about it.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
I guess the only thing to do is to ask the agent for a written statement that they aren't permitting you to use the priority lanes despite the "expedite". Then go back and tell Amex/Delta that you want some of the annual fee back because you aren't getting the benefits they promised.

When it starts looking like it will cost them actual money, I'm sure they'll be a lot more careful about letting their employees know the policy.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by vikingscout
Unfortunately , not all airports know of the "expedite". They look for sky priority on the pass. Expedite to them means nothing ,since delta includes on their signs the sky-priority lane(nothing about expedite), therefore if it(bp) does not say sky-priority you go back to the general line. I have encountered this in almost all airports I have flown.
VS

VS
I have the DL Amex Reserve card and "Expedite" appeared twice on the paper boarding pass for my economy ticket. There was no mention of "Sky Priority" anywhere on the paper boarding pass. However, the mobile version of my boarding pass has a square barcode that takes up 1/2 the screen and then the red/blue delta sky priority image that takes up 1/3 of the screen. The second page of the mobile boarding pass it did say "Expedite" with all the flight details.

My guess is that this would be the same layout a first class mobile BP would have for Delta? Up until now I've always used paper BPs.

So if you earned Sky Priority though the Reserve card, I recommend using the mobile BP to avoid confusion about your status when going through lines.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by Hachima
I have the DL Amex Reserve card and "Expedite" appeared twice on the paper boarding pass for my economy ticket. There was no mention of "Sky Priority" anywhere on the paper boarding pass. However, the mobile version of my boarding pass has a square barcode that takes up 1/2 the screen and then the red/blue delta sky priority image that takes up 1/3 of the screen. The second page of the mobile boarding pass it did say "Expedite" with all the flight details.

My guess is that this would be the same layout a first class mobile BP would have for Delta? Up until now I've always used paper BPs.

So if you earned Sky Priority though the Reserve card, I recommend using the mobile BP to avoid confusion about your status when going through lines.

Welcome to FT, Hachima! ^

Thanks for the info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.