AF TATL Service in BE

Old Jan 28, 2011, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: DM , MM ,Natl-Exec Elite,HH diamond,SPG gold
Ok, no hand raised here! Had to ask my daughter what it was!! Going to CDG with a friend who has never flown BE. Sent her the comments from this post. Horrors!! She thinks we are all prima donnas!!! WHat she said, the foie gras not up to par!!! Try having stale bread and a seat that reclines 2 inches in Y. Sometimes I forget how spoiled i am, of course flying 200K a year should get me a little something other than a sore rear end!! Thank you all for the comments.

Originally Posted by DLNYC
Hands raised. I wish DL would serve amuse-bouche. Easy, inexpensive, and adds a world of class to any meal service.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 6:23 am
In Memoriam

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
Originally Posted by szerfam
She thinks we are all prima donnas!!! WHat she said, the foie gras not up to par!!!
Both true
Old Feb 5, 2011, 8:09 am

Programs: AA/BA/DL/US Air
We booked 2 BE ATL-CDG on AF 681. Our first on a B777. However I'm finding different & confusing seat confiqurations. Delta lists our seats as 2A 2B, but Seat Guru doesn't show row 2 on a B777-200 and on the B777-300 Row 2 is Premiere. Will someone familiar with this flight please enlighten me. I'd hate to show up at ATL to find out we have no seat assigned. The more I searched, the more conflicting info I found.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 8:35 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL SM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Gold, MR Gold
The seating discrepancies have been discussed on the AF forum. Seems like only some of the seating configurations are on the AF website. Also, apparently AF is reconfiguring some of the seating. I have found that the seating maps accessed through your Delta itinerary are accurate -- and those on seatguru are out of date.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 8:42 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by ncvet61
We booked 2 BE ATL-CDG on AF 681. Our first on a B777. However I'm finding different & confusing seat confiqurations. Delta lists our seats as 2A 2B, but Seat Guru doesn't show row 2 on a B777-200 and on the B777-300 Row 2 is Premiere. Will someone familiar with this flight please enlighten me. I'd hate to show up at ATL to find out we have no seat assigned. The more I searched, the more conflicting info I found.
This is pretty confusing and fraught with problems.

DO NOT PICK YOUR SEAT ON DL.COM. That is just a "request," and will not be honored by the AF system. You may end up with a middle seat. (Yes, there are middle seats in AF J.)

To pick your seats, go to www.airfrance.us and enter your ticket number to access your itinerary there. You can pick your seats (it's preferable to be in the small minicabin forward of door 2L) there.

But once you pick them, note that you have to keep checking back. The AF system STILL messed with my seats in advance of my most recent trip. I checked in to find that my wife and I had been separated. By then it was 24 hours to flight time and all seat assignments are under airport control. I was able to get the agent at check-in to fix the problem, but we almost were forced to sit apart.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 9:00 am

Thanks Flythetail and Orlandodlplat. I didn't realize I could access AF with a Delta reservation number. Our first "partner" flight. AF website shows our seats as 2A & 2B confirmed. Also today is the first time I've gotten the AF seat map to come up on Delta. It has been showing can not assigned seat on this flight. This eases my mind, as I knew they had the dreaded "middle seat" in BE.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 9:22 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by ncvet61
Thanks Flythetail and Orlandodlplat. I didn't realize I could access AF with a Delta reservation number. Our first "partner" flight. AF website shows our seats as 2A & 2B confirmed. Also today is the first time I've gotten the AF seat map to come up on Delta. It has been showing can not assigned seat on this flight. This eases my mind, as I knew they had the dreaded "middle seat" in BE.
Bear in mind you should use your DL ticket number (begins in 006). The six-digit record locator may not work, because AF uses its own record locator (which you can get from DL).
Old Feb 5, 2011, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by orlandodlplat
Bear in mind you should use your DL ticket number (begins in 006). The six-digit record locator may not work, because AF uses its own record locator (which you can get from DL).
On the AF home page, I tried the ticket number to no avail, but the reservation number worked okay. When I went to the Manage Your Reservation page, the ticket number worked.

How do these seats and service compare with Delta BE. We've always flown ATL-SVO-SVO on Delta in the past. No skysaver awards on this flight going over but we're booked on SVO-ATL on the return.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 11:45 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold, Privium, CBP Global Entry, Delta Reserve AMEX, Delta Reserve Business AMEX
AF vs DL at JFK

I have flown AF 380 6 times out of JFK over the last year, and I would pick AF over DL at this point secondary to the plane. The 380 BE is on top level with excellent storage above seat and by window like 744.

seat guru doesn't show which seats are the best - I like 61a in front "mini" cabin. row 62 doesn't have but one side storage bin, as opposed to other rows which have two.

Only negative of a380 is boarding in small T1, pandemonium!!! reinventing the wheel every night. I just plan now to get to the get when most people have already gotten on the plane.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I've flown AF, KL and DL across the pond a few times in the last 2 years. They were all enjoyable, but as between AF and DL, I'd fly AF for the food and drink (AF better than DL slightly), and DL for the seats (AF's sliders are too uncomfortable unless you take a strong sleeping pill).

AF's headsets are not completely hardwired: you can pull out the plug and use your own headset.

One other benefit of flying AF is you are more likely to have an empty seat next to you because DL is, like many US carriers, extremely generous with NRSAs. I would take an AF flight with two seats for me to spread out over any single DL seat any day (though the reverse is also true).
Old Feb 5, 2011, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Arkbulldog
I have flown AF 380 6 times out of JFK over the last year, and I would pick AF over DL at this point secondary to the plane. The 380 BE is on top level with excellent storage above seat and by window like 744.

seat guru doesn't show which seats are the best - I like 61a in front "mini" cabin. row 62 doesn't have but one side storage bin, as opposed to other rows which have two.

Only negative of a380 is boarding in small T1, pandemonium!!! reinventing the wheel every night. I just plan now to get to the get when most people have already gotten on the plane.
Aaah, the A380. Maybe one day..... I wanted to fly the SST just to tell myself I did, but never made it before it's demise.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 1:21 pm

Programs: United Silver, AA, Delta, Marriott, Hyatt.
I am doing a TATL leg on an AF flight as part of a DL reward ticket, and I am wondering if anyone reading this considers a ONE HOUR connection time at CDG as realistic. Delta says it is legal (despite the now ubiquitous "you may miss this flight" message online), but I am wondering if it is worth $150 to be doubly sure I and my bag make it to my destination (DUS). Any opinions on this would be appreciated.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 1:35 pm

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Clay_C.
I am doing a TATL leg on an AF flight as part of a DL reward ticket, and I am wondering if anyone reading this considers a ONE HOUR connection time at CDG as realistic. Delta says it is legal (despite the now ubiquitous "you may miss this flight" message online), but I am wondering if it is worth $150 to be doubly sure I and my bag make it to my destination (DUS). Any opinions on this would be appreciated.
Last summer had 1 h 05 m to connect at CDG. Barely made it, running through the terminals, and this was with the AF special security lines (yep, you have to go back through security at CDG) for J passengers... It's risky (depending on how busy) but possible, especially if you can move briskly and save $150...

Last edited by DeltaFan4Now; Feb 5, 2011 at 1:42 pm
Old Feb 5, 2011, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
Last summer had 1 h 05 m to connect at CDG. Barely made it, running through the terminals, and this was with the AF special security lines (yep, you have to go back through security at CDG) for J passengers... It's risky but possible.
Our flight has 1hr 50min. Both the arrival from ATL and departure to SVO are listed as Terminal 2E. So we need to go through security at CDG?
Old Feb 5, 2011, 1:45 pm

Programs: United Silver, AA, Delta, Marriott, Hyatt.
Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
Last summer had 1 h 05 m to connect at CDG. Barely made it, running through the terminals, and this was with the AF special security lines (yep, you have to go back through security at CDG) for J passengers... It's risky (depending on how busy) but possible, especially if you can move briskly and save $150...
Did your bag make it?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.