Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Actually Received Msg from Delta Messenger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Actually Received Msg from Delta Messenger

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2011, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Red face Actually Received Msg from Delta Messenger

Hi Everyone,

I know this has come up in previous discussions... I think it's been months since I've received a message from Delta Messenger...be it for delays, cancellations, upgrades, etc. Much to my surprise, I had an email in my primary and alternate email accounts indicating I'd been upgraded on my BOS-DTW flight this weekend.

So, I guess, it CAN work...but usually does not...at least in my experience.

robin
Old Jan 25, 2011, 6:30 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by rwoman
Hi Everyone,

I know this has come up in previous discussions... I think it's been months since I've received a message from Delta Messenger...be it for delays, cancellations, upgrades, etc. Much to my surprise, I had an email in my primary and alternate email accounts indicating I'd been upgraded on my BOS-DTW flight this weekend.

So, I guess, it CAN work...but usually does not...at least in my experience.

robin
Anybody get the FLIGHT NOTIFICATIONS to automatically come?? I have yet to have that work - always need to sign up manually for each flight notification
Old Jan 25, 2011, 7:02 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL DM 2MM, MC LT Titanium, IHG Spire, HY Glbist
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
Anybody get the FLIGHT NOTIFICATIONS to automatically come?? I have yet to have that work - always need to sign up manually for each flight notification
Nope. They're proud to tell me I'm upgraded, but ashamed to tell me when they cancel or delay that flight.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by FlyAO2
I received one via voicemail. All it said was, "Tuesday December 21st. Please press 1 to hear details about this change." There was no indication that it was from Delta until I redialed the number and pressed 1.

Then I got an email notification about the same change after I got IROP'ed onto a new flight and was airborne.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 7:08 am

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
I always get the notifications for the time to check-in message.
Have never received any message about delays or cancellation of a flight or a segment.
Have both email and cell# signed for such notifications.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 7:14 am

Programs: Delta Ham Sandwich, IHG Spire, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I haven't received anything (with the exception of occasional upgrade notifications and flight receipt) from Delta in more than 2 years. I have called, I have written and repeated both many times and still can't get anyone to help me. They keep repeating the same thing -- delete your profile and reset. The next time it works will be the first. Basically, I've given up.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 7:23 am

Programs: DL DM & 2MM'r,
Today was the first day in ages that I got a notification of a flight delay. I got both an email and a phone call. No changes on my part, I've always supplied my info. Hope this continues.

Last edited by Bappelt; Jan 26, 2011 at 4:58 am
Old Jan 25, 2011, 7:53 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
I always get upgrade notifications & check-in reminders, but nothing else. I sent an e-mail about it a couple months ago and below is the response I received:

Dear Mr. jjglaze77,

Thank you for contacting us about Delta Messenger.

Delta Messenger Notification is programmed to send out notifications in
the event of a flight iregularity only if the flight is impacted more
than two hours before departure. If the flight is impacted less than to
hours, it we figure that most passenger are either en route to or at the
airport. This could be why you are not receiving notification. Also, you
will not receive notification of a schedule change unless the change is
greater than 10 minutes earlier than your original flight scheduled
departure and 15 minutes later than your original flight scheduled
departure. If your flights that are impacted fall outside of these
parameters, then please contact our online support desk and inform them
of the problem.

Our 24-hour Online Customer Support Desk is available to help you with
any questions you may have regarding delta.com. Please feel free to
contact us at 888-750-3284 so that we may assist you with your
navigational or web-related needs.

Mr. jjglaze77, thank you again for giving us an opportunity to respond to
your concern. We very much appreciate your Platinum Medallion loyalty to
Delta and look forward to the privilege of serving you again soon.

Sincerely,

XXXX YYYYY
Medallion Desk
www.delta.com
I did not pursue the matter any further. I don't have hours to waste with the Online Support Desk to figure out the problem.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 7:56 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by Bappelt
Today was the first day in ages that I got noticification of a flight delay. I got both an email and a phone call. No changes on my part, I've always supplied my info. Hope this continues.

So maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel for this IT problem. It is a pain to sign up for each flight individually since I usually have 4-6 segments a week
Old Jan 25, 2011, 8:07 am

Programs: Delta DM, American GLD, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
They worked for me a couple of years ago, but not since. I gave up.

I have since started using FlightStats and Tripit on my phone. Usually updates before the monitors.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 7:56 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold
Last week I received both a call and an email about a flight delay. Unfortunately, they said it was an hour delay, but it ended up being more like three hours, which still meant a lot of time waiting at the airport, but I'm sure they didn't know that when they sent the notification. I'm just happy that I got one, since I've had an awful lot of delays recently that I didn't receive any notifications for.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 8:05 pm

Programs: United - PG, Marriott Silver
Last time I got one, I was sitting on the freaking plane; by then, I kinda knew I was delayed.

Prior to that I don't recall getting them since early in the merger. Then it seemed like I was getting 2 and 3 calls a week for flight # changes, arrival time changes, departure time changes, equipment changes, gate changes, PFB status changes, and every other thing.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 9:02 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Plat, Priority Club Gold
I've been a Delta SkyMiles member for about a year and a half. I've been fortunate enough to always get emails regarding upgrades, however, with delayed flights it has been hit or miss with email or phone call notifications.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 10:26 pm

Programs: Delta, Avios, Chase
I always get updates about delayed flights from Delta messenger after said delayed flight is already airborne. A few weeks ago, I received a message from Delta messenger that my connection had been canceled and that I had been re-booked on the subsequent flight... 30 minutes after I had discovered it on my own while sitting in a DSC and having the agent switch the seat I was sitting in...

On the whole, Delta messenger is an epic fail.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 7:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
I'm not even talking about delayed flights - I just want regular flight notifications (i.e. what gate my flight is leaving from) without having to request EACH flight separately

AA and CO both added this feature like 2 years ago. C'mon DL!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.