Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Longest upgrade list you've experienced?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Longest upgrade list you've experienced?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2018, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I would give anything to buy a RDU-ATL ticket in F then affix a silver medallion tag to $12 backpack from Target and watch people watch me.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by enviroian
I would give anything to buy a RDU-ATL ticket in F then affix a silver medallion tag to $12 backpack from Target and watch people watch me.
Why would people care? If I was even paying attention at all, I (as would pretty much everyone else) assume you either bought F (either outright or via FCM). I think people overestimate how much people are paying attention to them...
BamaGirl, krlcomm and TheHorta like this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by ethernal
Why would people care? If I was even paying attention at all, I (as would pretty much everyone else) assume you either bought F (either outright or via FCM). I think people overestimate how much people are paying attention to them...
No, because there are tools out there that would say "hey, your just a silver, I'm a diamond or whatever why are you getting upgraded!!??".

It's happened.
KenTarmac likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian
No, because there are tools out there that would say "hey, your just a silver, I'm a diamond or whatever why are you getting upgraded!!??".

It's happened.
People keep saying that, but I am with the person you are responding to. I don't have any idea how you would know in most cases how another passenger came to be sitting up front? Just in the last couple of months I have WFBF, I've used upgrade certificates, FCM, I've received "Medallion Upgrades" anywhere from 5 days to 1 day out, I have been gate upgraded, and I have had battlefield upgrades where I was pulled up from the back. Out of all of those options, only the gate upgrade and battlefield upgrades would be visible to other passengers.

I just can't imagine caring that much about who else might be there.
krlcomm likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:36 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
DM on a "U" fare on tonight's 10:30 PM SFO-JFK, currently 10 of 39 for a single D1 seat on a 752.

On the way out (yesterday morning) the list was longer, but I was 3rd or 4th.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
People keep saying that, but I am with the person you are responding to. I don't have any idea how you would know in most cases how another passenger came to be sitting up front? Just in the last couple of months I have WFBF, I've used upgrade certificates, FCM, I've received "Medallion Upgrades" anywhere from 5 days to 1 day out, I have been gate upgraded, and I have had battlefield upgrades where I was pulled up from the back. Out of all of those options, only the gate upgrade and battlefield upgrades would be visible to other passengers.

I just can't imagine caring that much about who else might be there.
I have been asked/challenged before on how or why I'm in FC, and I don't even use the brag tags anymore. So while I agree that it shouldn't be a thing that happens, it does happen.

I generally just ignore these people and act like I didn't hear them.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 3:59 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I was scheduled to be on the 11 AM MD-88 from ATL-RDU today. At 8 AM it was showing as 56 on the F class Upgrade list and 29 for C+. As a PM on a K Fare (purchased last week) I was #15 and #8 , respectively.

I ended up SDCing to the earlier flight so I'm not sure how high the list was at boarding.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 4:08 pm

Programs: DL DM
JFK-SEA this past Monday, first flight out of the day and D1 cabin. Last I looked there were 55 on the waitlist. Me and my spouse were #1 and #2 , but I cheated with RUC.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
On an a321 from Dtw to lga tonight. Cleared at the window Saturday as a dm on an award ticket but upgrade list has 62 right now for four empty seats. I remember clearing this flight years ago as a silver
Old Oct 18, 2018, 4:28 pm

Programs: DL PM; MR Titanium & LTT; Hilton Diamond; National Exec Elite
Not the longest I’ve experienced, but this past Tuesday afternoon I was 17 of 59 on a K fare TPA-ATL on an A321. There were many diamonds in the back as well.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:41 pm

been in the 60's on a morning flight out of PBI on a md88, like 61 out of 63 as a silver, a few months ago.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by devans999
been in the 60's on a morning flight out of PBI on a md88, like 61 out of 63 as a silver, a few months ago.
Ed Bastian has been reported to be on this route in FC so that’s one less seat for paying customers. Apparently he lives full time down there and commutes. Must be nice!
Old Oct 19, 2018, 6:11 am

76 on inbound for ABQ Sunday Morning. 2 upgraded. 57 for outbound for ABQ this morning.. 1 upgraded. Both flights oversold.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by sundrop
76 on inbound for ABQ Sunday Morning. 2 upgraded. 57 for outbound for ABQ this morning.. 1 upgraded. Both flights oversold.
Wow, I've never been on that long a list, 76!
Old Oct 19, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by sundrop
Wow! MSP-ABQ-MSP is an easy upgrade for me. I don't fly on Sunday mornings though. What airport are you flying from/to?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.