Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

It's Baack: AmEx MR Transfer w/25K MQM's

It's Baack: AmEx MR Transfer w/25K MQM's

Old Feb 27, 2011, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA Platinum; WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by duke2013
Transferred the 50k points. How does the $200 credit for flight stuff work? Is it only applicable to non ticket related items? Ie food and baggage charges?
I'd be curious about this, too. Also, is it essentially like a gift card or does it get credited automatically to the plat card?
Old Feb 27, 2011, 7:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by duke2013
Transferred the 50k points. How does the $200 credit for flight stuff work? Is it only applicable to non ticket related items? Ie food and baggage charges?
Or how about redepositing miles for Silver or Gold Medallions?
Old Feb 27, 2011, 8:28 pm

Awesome timing to come in and see this thread. I will begin travelling full time again shortly, and was looking around for the best Delta card option I could find. This is even better. My wife wants to kill me for signing up for a card with a $450 fee, especially after getting the Marriott card yesterday that is another $65 on top of it.

I signed up for the promotion, applied for the card. Only issue I ran into is when I was logged into my AMEX account, I could never get the page that showed the 50k bonus offer. I had to log out of my account, and go to in-private browsing. So hopefully it just links up to my existing account since the ssn, zip, email, etc are all the same.

Now if only I could get access to a lounge tomorrow during a two hour layover, without the card in hand...
Old Feb 27, 2011, 11:05 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Lifetime PL, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by hawaii2midtown
I'd be curious about this, too. Also, is it essentially like a gift card or does it get credited automatically to the plat card?
You need to first select and register your airline choice with Amex, and you only get one airline choice which cannot be changed until December. When you use your Plat card for covered fees, they will credit you back on your Amex account. According to Amex, "the $200 Airline Fee Credit can apply to fees such as baggage fees, flight change fees, in-flight food, and airport lounge day passes".
Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:43 am

Programs: AA Platinum; WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by onthegold
You need to first select and register your airline choice with Amex, and you only get one airline choice which cannot be changed until December. When you use your Plat card for covered fees, they will credit you back on your Amex account. According to Amex, "the $200 Airline Fee Credit can apply to fees such as baggage fees, flight change fees, in-flight food, and airport lounge day passes".
Cool, thanks!
Old Feb 28, 2011, 1:36 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Go to the AmEx forum. There's a massive thread on what people have and have not managed to get reimbursed.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 1:37 am

Does the 6 month requirement mean you've had ANY AMEX account open for 6 months?
I think so. I didn't have a Membership Rewards card before and was able to advance the points without problem.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by osupike17
Awesome timing to come in and see this thread. I will begin travelling full time again shortly, and was looking around for the best Delta card option I could find. This is even better. My wife wants to kill me for signing up for a card with a $450 fee, especially after getting the Marriott card yesterday that is another $65 on top of it.

I signed up for the promotion, applied for the card. Only issue I ran into is when I was logged into my AMEX account, I could never get the page that showed the 50k bonus offer. I had to log out of my account, and go to in-private browsing. So hopefully it just links up to my existing account since the ssn, zip, email, etc are all the same.

Now if only I could get access to a lounge tomorrow during a two hour layover, without the card in hand...
Should link up fine. I had to do the same thing (private browser window, and "pretended" to not already be an amex holder). Card came with "member since" of my oldest card. Confirmed in secure message that 50K after $1k in 3mos
Old Feb 28, 2011, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by wco81
How quickly are people canceling the card after getting the transfer and the bonus?

Or at least keep it for a year before the renewal kicks in?
Why cancel it? Keep it 11 months to get the free benefits, then cancel if you want.

I tend to just convert stuff like that to a "free" card, but anyways...
Old Feb 28, 2011, 5:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by johndoe123
Why cancel it? Keep it 11 months to get the free benefits, then cancel if you want.

I tend to just convert stuff like that to a "free" card, but anyways...
Right I'm thinking most of the people here are not going to pay that $450 fee a second time.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 9:55 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Has anyone received the 50k MR pts yet? My stmt just closed and I see "pending" just my spend pts (less the annual fee).
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by gpapadop
Has anyone received the 50k MR pts yet? My stmt just closed and I see "pending" just my spend pts (less the annual fee).
Under Statement Details in my MR account, I see a line for 50,000 earned (followed by a pending line for my statement balance). It hasn't been credited to my account yet, but in the AmEx forum there's indications that it won't be fully credited until either I pay my bill or the NEXT statement is run. (A little confused as to which one, but it's showing that it's going to happen for me.) If you don't see that line, I'd contact AmEx.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 3:51 pm

Hi everyone. First post.

I've been following this thread for about two weeks now and just got my approval for the AMEX Platinum yesterday. I've had both the SPG and Blue cards from AMEX for years now. I can confirm that after logging into my account, even without having received or activated the Platinum card that my Membership Rewards Express points from Blue are now full MR points. Awesome! I had something like 10 years of MRE points saved up which now just became a whole lot more valuable

Has it been problematic for anyone to advance the 50k miles without paying off the $1k spend first? I'd like to make the transfer for sure before the 31st of March to take advantage of the 30% bonus offer for Skymiles as well.

Originally Posted by mtkeller
It hasn't been credited to my account yet, but in the AmEx forum there's indications that it won't be fully credited until either I pay my bill or the NEXT statement is run.
In my experience, points are only credited after the bill payment posts to the account.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 4:50 pm

Question

Originally Posted by milaohu
It seems somebody was NOT able to register the 50% bonus offer because they did the transfer under similar offer last Dec.
I didn't took the 50% offer last time, but transferred my Amex MR to Delta in Oct 2008. I successfully register the 50% offer (already appeared in "View Your SkyMiles Promotions").
Will I qualify for the 50% offer? Thanks!
I have the same question , I transferred Amex MR in 2007, but I successfully registered for the 50% offer. Someone here mentioned that if it let me register, they should get the bonus.
So, if my account shows registered for the 50%, 30% and 25000 MQM, when I transfer 50000 points, I should receive a total of 115,000 miles, of which 25,000 is MQM, right ? or would it be 90000 ?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:16 pm

Programs: DL SM, AA, BA, WN, UA, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt
Originally Posted by phundoo
I have the same question , I transferred Amex MR in 2007, but I successfully registered for the 50% offer. Someone here mentioned that if it let me register, they should get the bonus.
So, if my account shows registered for the 50%, 30% and 25000 MQM, when I transfer 50000 points, I should receive a total of 115,000 miles, of which 25,000 is MQM, right ? or would it be 90000 ?
From what has been stated in this tread so far, it will be 75K RDM and 25K MQM. We are still hoping the 30% will be stacked on top of the 50%, but so far all I have read is that Delta says no stacking.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.