Wiki Posts
Search

How to determine eCredit origin?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2011, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
How to determine eCredit origin?

I just checked my Certificates and eCredits on delta.com to use an AMEX companion certificate and noticed that a few days ago, an eCredit for $15.90 showed up. Is there any way to determine where this eCredit came from and for what it was granted? Clicking on the number simply states that it is a "Delta Travel Voucher"... I'm not complaining that it is there, but would like to know what's going on... Any ideas?
Old Jan 21, 2011, 3:43 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
I just checked my Certificates and eCredits on delta.com to use an AMEX companion certificate and noticed that a few days ago, an eCredit for $15.90 showed up. Is there any way to determine where this eCredit came from and for what it was granted? Clicking on the number simply states that it is a "Delta Travel Voucher"... I'm not complaining that it is there, but would like to know what's going on... Any ideas?
DO NOT USE IT!

There is some strange DL IT error where it is processing "open" tickets and their residual value (ticket minus change fee=what your seeing)and putting only SOME of them in your ecredit menu. If you use it, you will find that one of your currently booked itinerary's suddenly loses its ticket number.

Delta IT is amazingly awful. I found this out last week when it let me use a mysterious $105 ecredit from another ticket and spent 20 minutes telling the agent what happened and to reinstate my original ticket. She was confused, like me, why the website will show some and not others.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by DLATL777
DO NOT USE IT!

There is some strange DL IT error where it is processing "open" tickets and their residual value (ticket minus change fee=what your seeing)and putting only SOME of them in your ecredit menu. If you use it, you will find that one of your currently booked itinerary's suddenly loses its ticket number.

Delta IT is amazingly awful. I found this out last week when it let me use a mysterious $105 ecredit from another ticket and spent 20 minutes telling the agent what happened and to reinstate my original ticket. She was confused, like me, why the website will show some and not others.
Wow, that's not even a glitch, that's full-blown effed up... Thanks for the information.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 4:40 pm

This "made me look" and damn but if my e-credit hasn't completely disappeared from my profile. It's still in the system if entered manually (thank goodness). I've read about similar glitches and will check back again - but in the meantime, has anyone else had their credits go missing from their profile tab?
Old Aug 16, 2011, 10:29 am

Programs: DL Silver, PC Plat
Originally Posted by airshadow
This "made me look" and damn but if my e-credit hasn't completely disappeared from my profile. It's still in the system if entered manually (thank goodness). I've read about similar glitches and will check back again - but in the meantime, has anyone else had their credits go missing from their profile tab?
Was just poking around delta.com and clicked on the e-credit and certs tab. I have no idea how it got there...but I have a $897.00 eCredit from 6/7/2011. No, I did not fly that day, vdb, idb...nothing. And I do not have an open itinerary.

The name that is on the ecredit is not my own, in fact it is of the wrong gender.

Any ideas?
Old Aug 16, 2011, 10:59 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Dave081
Was just poking around delta.com and clicked on the e-credit and certs tab. I have no idea how it got there...but I have a $897.00 eCredit from 6/7/2011. No, I did not fly that day, vdb, idb...nothing. And I do not have an open itinerary.

The name that is on the ecredit is not my own, in fact it is of the wrong gender.

Any ideas?
Its mine, whats the # on it again? :P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.