Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub one-day pass for only $12

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta SkyClub one-day pass for only $12

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2011, 11:01 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Bronx address?? Could it be a DL JFK/LGA SC agent trying to make some money on the side??

Last edited by GBadger; Jan 26, 2011 at 11:23 am
Old Jan 26, 2011, 11:17 am
EJ8

Programs: DM / Plutonium Medallion
Anyone try to use one of these yet? Are they legit?
Old Jan 26, 2011, 11:52 am

Programs: Hilton, United, Gold DL
More are up. Only bad thing is the 4.50 for shipping is for each card. Still a substantial savings over the 50 bucks Delta wants at the door.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
In stock again, but price is now up to $10 + $4.49 shipping.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by EJ8
They "look" real to me, having used a couple before. I tried to do a reverse address lookup on 411.com to see if the name and address listed on the envelope match, they don't...I will be using one 2/6...I'll post back with my results.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 8:28 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Hilton
Originally Posted by CalVol
Originally Posted by EJ8
They "look" real to me, having used a couple before. I tried to do a reverse address lookup on 411.com to see if the name and address listed on the envelope match, they don't...I will be using one 2/6...I'll post back with my results.
Hopefully they are real! Got a few and will use them 2/8. But, if anyone uses before then plz share if valid.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
These passes have no expiration date, correct?
Old Jan 26, 2011, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
Under Product Description, it clearly states in all CAPS "EXPIRATION DATE 12/2011"

I am speculating that someone got their hands on a bunch of these cards and making a pretty penny from it.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
Mine have the 12/31/11 expiration date on the front.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:02 am

Programs: DL Silver (aka, Delta AmEx PLUS), Starbucks Gold :)
These look more like the business card-type, glossy passes with the expiration date printed in. However, I have 1 gift pass from a friend that is smaller in size, non-glossy, and the expiration date is hand-written in. Has anyone used the latter?

Since they both are not directly from DL, I doubted their authenticity. But if you've used the business-card type passes, then now I'm worried about the one my buddy gave me.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:17 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
those worried about their purchase:

if DL won't accept them, return for a refund. Amazon has good customer service.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by LGANightOwl
These look more like the business card-type, glossy passes with the expiration date printed in. However, I have 1 gift pass from a friend that is smaller in size, non-glossy, and the expiration date is hand-written in. Has anyone used the latter?

Since they both are not directly from DL, I doubted their authenticity. But if you've used the business-card type passes, then now I'm worried about the one my buddy gave me.
I've also used the ones with the exp. date handwritten with no problems. I guess we'll all be finding out soon enough

@mrredskin - thanks for the return suggestion. I had just planned on eating the cost if it turned out to be bogus.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:57 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
I've also used the ones with the exp. date handwritten with no problems. I guess we'll all be finding out soon enough

@mrredskin - thanks for the return suggestion. I had just planned on eating the cost if it turned out to be bogus.
they technically aren't offered by amazon, but by a 3rd party, but amazon still usually represents the consumer very well in issues like this where the item is sold through their site.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 7:42 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Hilton
Originally Posted by mrredskin
they technically aren't offered by amazon, but by a 3rd party, but amazon still usually represents the consumer very well in issues like this where the item is sold through their site.
Just got mine in the mail. Non-descript hand written envelope from Bronx NY with 2 biz card size day passes. Exp 12/31/2011 Value: $50 USD printed on front. I've never seen a day pass that you can buy for $50 to compare.

Has terms/conditions on back with barcode. Looks real to me.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 12:10 pm

No Problems

I'm sitting in B10 in ATL having used one. Scanned and stamped without a problem. I will be able to use it in BNA while I wait for my buddy to arrive and head off on the remainder of my trip.

Was hoping to use it in SAN this morning at 0 dark-thirty but, I opted out of the nude scanner and got significantly delayed...but that is another story

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.