Is NRT-CAN service back?

Old Jan 17, 11, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, AMEX Plat, IHG Amb
Is NRT-CAN service back?

Since I am sitting here in SC waiting for my NRT-HKG flight, I thought I may come here and ask round...

On my SFO-NRT leg earlier today, I noticed on the route map of the Sky Magazine, they have a blue line (future service) between NRT-CAN. As soon I got off the plane, I rushed to SC and searched on the internet to confirm this...

I searched for NRT-CAN tickets on DL.com and found nonstop service starting in April, however, it seems like on every news page I read so far, this is still subject to government approval.

Just did a TTU & also asked the lady here in the SC, but she has no knowledge of this what so ever...

If we are really getting this NRT-CAN route back, then I must say that my choice to remain with Delta was damn right. Glad that I did not jump over to United or Cathay for that direct SFO-HKG flight.
Old Jan 17, 11, 3:08 am

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
I found it curious that China Southern never aligned their flights into NRT to enable easy connections to Delta. Skyteam keeps adding new members, but it's not clear they are doing enough to make the parternship really work.
Old Jan 17, 11, 9:38 am

Programs: DL Diamond
Yes, it's back. Nice that it will be on a 767-300ER this time instead of the 757. Should help bring lots of cargo back on the CAN-NRT leg.
Old Jan 17, 11, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Premier
Originally Posted by doglover View Post
I found it curious that China Southern never aligned their flights into NRT to enable easy connections to Delta. Skyteam keeps adding new members, but it's not clear they are doing enough to make the parternship really work.
Delta and China Southern do not have a joint-venture type agreement, so they can't coordinate on pricing, schedules, etc.
Old Jan 17, 11, 11:57 am

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
I don't see how that would stop CZ from proactively changing timings on a handful of flights to take advantage of the large number of DL widebodies arriving early afternoon. It might stop an outright codeshare.
Old Jan 17, 11, 12:29 pm

Looking at current Delta schedules at NRT, I found only two code-share flights: to KHH with CI, to ICN with KE. The KE code-share flight is NOT aligned with Delta's NRT departure timing. None code-sharing flights from KIX and NGO.

Considering the larger number of Skyteam member's flights out of NRT, Delta's code-sharing is very minimal.

Any reason why Delta does not code-sharing more with Skyteam at NRT (and KIX, NGO)?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: