FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Hilton / Skymiles 3-2-1 bonus program (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1172895-hilton-skymiles-3-2-1-bonus-program.html)

batdude Jan 19, 2011 5:17 pm

received this today:

Hello Mr. Batdude,

Thank you for your message to Hilton Reservations and Customer Care. It is my pleasure to assist you today regarding your stay.

We apologize for the confusion this has caused. The list of hotels you have provided are the hotels that are participating in the promotion. As the Hampton Inn Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach is not on the list, it is not participating in the promotion. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with the miles; however, I have updated your account with 3,000 bonus points for the inconvenience this has caused.

I also went to the promotional website and searched for Fernandina Beach and found the closest participating hotel is the Hampton Inn and Suites Jacksonville Airport.

Again, we are terribly sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. We appreciate this opportunity to assist you and thank you for your continued loyalty! If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

For immediate assistance, please click on the link below for the contact number of the HHonors Service Center nearest you:

http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/...t,HeadCustomer.

/break/

so you are telling me out of 3600 hotels, only about 270 in the entire chain are participating in the offer?

in other words, the list of hotels above are the ones that ARE participating in the offer, per hilton.... i wonder if the Conrad in Tokyo knows that?

yeah, that's just stupid. What flavor kool-aid are these people drinking?

doug

jsala Jan 25, 2011 10:03 am

This promotion sucks out loud IMHO. I have used Hilton almost exclusively for 5 years and been Diamond that entire time. This is the first time I recall in recent memory that I had to use a special site to search for a participating hotel. No list of excluded hotels anywhere that I can see. I have hotels I have used for years that always participated and now they do not even come up when searching on that "special" site. A big booooo for Hilton on this lousy promo!!!!

jsala Jan 25, 2011 10:19 am

BTW, the list of excluded hotels posted on here is not correct. This list is for the Hilton More Nights More Points promo I believe. I have verified 4 different hotels that I frequent that are not on that excluded list but do not come up when I use the special search site. I also had a stay at one of those hotels already that did not post extra Delta miles. I opened a case with Hilton and they just informed me (I had to call them on the case BTW to find out) that the hotel in question was not participating. I would speculate that the list of non-participating hotels is in excess of 80% of all Hilton properties based on my searches so far!

phatpaw Jan 25, 2011 12:19 pm

I'm on my way to Australia this weekend and the Brisbane Hilton definitely is not part of the promotion. Weak.

sprezzatura09 Jan 26, 2011 7:44 pm

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Ft Lauderdale/Airport last week and just had the bonus miles for this promo show up in my Skymiles account. I guess the non-participating list is inaccurate. Anyone else have any luck?

FullTimeFlyer Mar 30, 2011 2:40 pm

Hmmmphh. Not to mention, the link on the Delta web site says good through 4/30 while the offer itself says good only through 3/31. :mad:

I have a bunch of Hilton stays but none of the easier hotels seem to be participating - if I even knew if they'd be good next week. Screw 'em. I'm crediting another airline.

FTF

provor Mar 31, 2011 9:34 pm

Yeah -- The HHonors (and Delta) page for this promotion has been changed and extended until April 30, 2011. It used to only be 3/31, can't complain about getting some more bonus miles, seems they didn't have a planned Q2 Skymiles-HHonors promo setup yet.

bworrell Apr 3, 2011 11:57 am

Originally Posted by provor (Post 16138965)
Yeah -- The HHonors (and Delta) page for this promotion has been changed and extended until April 30, 2011. It used to only be 3/31, can't complain about getting some more bonus miles, seems they didn't have a planned Q2 Skymiles-HHonors promo setup yet.

I don't get this...

If I go to this web page I see it's been extended until April 30th:
https://echo.epsilon.com/WebServices...46533985&t=390
(If that link doesn't work then go to MyWay Specials, then click on Just for You - Miles)

However, the registration page errors out:

We're Sorry,

An error has occurred in the system, and we are unable to process your request at this time. The error has been recorded and will be investigated by the system administrator. We apologize for this inconvenience. You may contact the Hilton Reservations and Customer Care nearest you for assistance, or call 1-800-HHONORS.
Also -- was the list posted earlier in the thread the participating hotels? One hotel on that list (Las Vegas Hilton) I correctly received the bonus, but two hotels not on the list (San Antonio Hilton and New Braunfels Hampton Inn) I did not.