Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

TATL Upgrades using Skymiles and SWUs on Air France/KLM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TATL Upgrades using Skymiles and SWUs on Air France/KLM

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2012, 7:14 am

Programs: DM/3MM
mtkeller is right, though in the past people have reported that the seat assignments did carry over, but around day of departure AF booted them out...and then put them in whatever J seat was left, which is likely to not be the most desireable (say, middle on a 777).
Old Aug 23, 2012, 9:15 am

Programs: DL DM PM
IME AF doesn't honor DL seat reservations even when made for the appropriate cabin.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
IME AF doesn't honor DL seat reservations even when made for the appropriate cabin.
Well, recent reports of being able to select AF seats on DL.com. That being said, it's always wise to keep checking your flights on af.us.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ts-dl-com.html
Old Aug 23, 2012, 4:45 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
I wouldn't ascribe this to AF/KL deviousness as much as it's a good indication of how poorly integrated SkyTeam is.

My guess is that DL's crap IT is the leading culprit, as the KL/NW JV didn't have the same issues.

Big shout-out here to Jeff Roberston and Bob Kupbens - you've nailed this seamless travel experience thing.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Well, recent reports of being able to select AF seats on DL.com. That being said, it's always wise to keep checking your flights on af.us.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ts-dl-com.html
all my recent seat selections on delta.com are now shoing on AirFrance.com. This is a major improvement.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 2:28 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PE
[QUOTE=mnredfox;19179422]... it's always wise to keep checking your flights on af.us.QUOTE]

+1 except "always" should have been "ALWAYS"

AF changes seats around on me regularly. Had a nice aisle PV seat via AF (booked directly) that magically became an inside seat. I checked. I switched back.

And when using SWUs, ALWAYS/ALWAYS check their website to be sure the SWU stuck and didn't vanish along with the entire leg.

As to O availability... I've been watching my upcoming PV flight like a hawk and while there are still 7+ seats in Affaires... no O. Or should I say "uh O". Rats.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 6:17 am
c_d

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
Originally Posted by jimgraffam

+1 except "always" should have been "ALWAYS"

AF changes seats around on me regularly. Had a nice aisle PV seat via AF (booked directly) that magically became an inside seat. I checked. I switched back.
Yes, even though I had a confirmed seat first row of Y on the 380 on AF and DL, I was moved to a middle seat on the day of departure. Seat selection is an ongoing annoyance with little support through the alliance. I can already hear ppl telling me that this is out of control from DL, 120% AF concern, yadda yadda. IMHO this is not entirely true, as they market their flights in close cooperation and advertise a seamless operation. Ideally, it should not concern me who is the operating carrier and what specific rules apply, as from my point of view I have not booked three tickets (one DL, one AF TATL and one KLM feeder) but one single ticket on SkyTeam.

Originally Posted by jimgraffam
As to O availability... I've been watching my upcoming PV flight like a hawk and while there are still 7+ seats in Affaires... no O. Or should I say "uh O". Rats.
I am looking at all 9's since a couple of weeks for my upcoming flight Sep., 2nd. Only 0 in J is O. Anyway, since someone posted that DL (via Twitter) has not heard of any irregularities, I guess it's just us being too stupid to see that this is not a zero.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 6:30 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/Starwood Plat
I have two different seats for an upcoming PV flight, 16B on DL and 15C on AF.us. AF.us was a middle and I moved it, do you guys think the AF.us will stick?
Old Aug 24, 2012, 6:31 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by teCh0010
I have two different seats for an upcoming PV flight, 16B on DL and 15C on AF.us. AF.us was a middle and I moved it, do you guys think the AF.us will stick?
IME, when seats differ on DL.dumb and af.us, the seat on af.us prevails.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 6:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, Hilton Gold, Choice Hotels Plat, Avis First, AMEX MR Plat
Originally Posted by mtkeller
IME, when seats differ on DL.dumb and af.us, the seat on af.us prevails.
Agreed for AF metal on the TATL portion, but I always use Delta.com for my DL metal domestic connection segments because then AF.us is always confused after I've made a change.

It's a completely seamless experience
Old Aug 28, 2012, 9:54 am

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
still no O, no matter what

My next flight is now getting really full in both Y and PV (I'm in PV), and still really empty in J.... yet, no O has been released since at least the last 4 weeks...

P1 F1 J9 C9 D9 I9 Z9 W3 S1 Y3 B2 M1 U0 K0 H0 L0 Q0 T0 E0 N0 X0 G0

and it's the same for any TATL I've checked for the next weeks / months.
What gives?
Old Aug 28, 2012, 9:59 am
c_d

Originally Posted by vgb2001
My next flight is now getting really full in both Y and PV (I'm in PV), and still really empty in J.... yet, no O has been released since at least the last 4 weeks...

P1 F1 J9 C9 D9 I9 Z9 W3 S1 Y3 B2 M1 U0 K0 H0 L0 Q0 T0 E0 N0 X0 G0

and it's the same for any TATL I've checked for the next weeks / months.
What gives?
4 days out:

J/9 C/9 D/8 I/7 Z/7 O/0 W/2 S/1 A/0 Y/9 B/9 M/9 U/6 K/4 H/0 L/0 Q/0 T/0 E/0 N/0 R/0 V/0 X/0 G/0

They just implemented a new FCM buy-up program for AF customers. I suspect our non-availability is related but I cannot provide any proof.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by c_d
4 days out:

J/9 C/9 D/8 I/7 Z/7 O/0 W/2 S/1 A/0 Y/9 B/9 M/9 U/6 K/4 H/0 L/0 Q/0 T/0 E/0 N/0 R/0 V/0 X/0 G/0

They just implemented a new FCM buy-up program for AF customers. I suspect our non-availability is related but I cannot provide any proof.
It could be but even with the new buy-up program, planes leave with plenty of empty Affaires seats empty
Old Aug 28, 2012, 6:14 pm
c_d

Originally Posted by vgb2001
It could be but even with the new buy-up program, planes leave with plenty of empty Affaires seats empty
I beg to differ. Just as DL trained us with the YBM, such a buy up will quickly catch on. It puts AF in a position to charge even 10 minutes to departure and to consolidate OpUps and such. I doubt that there will be more empty seats in the long run. My prediction would be quite the opposite, especially regarding airport buy up's: why pay for more flexibility in advance when you are already at the airport and ready to go. If its reasonably prices (such as the KL lounge buy up) I see favorable results for AF and not so much for us loyal FF.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
What's annoying is that if I'm going to sit in coach, I might as well sit on DL metal, get EC for free, and hope for an op-up...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.