Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

TATL Upgrades using Skymiles and SWUs on Air France/KLM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TATL Upgrades using Skymiles and SWUs on Air France/KLM

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2012, 5:24 pm
c_d

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
FB seems to follow SM - sitting on several W's from now to January and I don't see any availability for anything (not even W) +/- 10 days from all of my travel date. The whole of September shows a total of 3 days with Y availability and not a single availability in J between ATL,DTW-->CDG and back. October is just the same.

How likely is AF opening up O close to departure (my next W is coming up Sep., 2nd)?
Old Aug 18, 2012, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by c_d
How likely is AF opening up O close to departure (my next W is coming up Sep., 2nd)?
90+%
Old Aug 18, 2012, 6:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton, Marriott & SPG Platinum & a whole lot of other programs...
Originally Posted by cfischer
90+%
Hate to be the pessimist, but I'd take the opposite and say maybe 10%. It seems O has been very stingy lately.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by milesandpoints
Hate to be the pessimist, but I'd take the opposite and say maybe 10%. It seems O has been very stingy lately.
close to departure? For me it's >>> 90%
Old Aug 18, 2012, 6:50 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
O out of a hub seemed really sparse when I was using some SWUs this spring/early summer. Not much opening up last minute, either, as I was looking to improve routings and flight times over my IAD and ORD flights.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mtkeller
O out of a hub seemed really sparse when I was using some SWUs this spring/early summer. Not much opening up last minute, either, as I was looking to improve routings and flight times over my IAD and ORD flights.
this is certainly not as 100% as it used to be, but so far I have always been able to get an O seats on AF close to depature.
BOS-CDG is available 8/19 8/20 8/21
Old Aug 18, 2012, 7:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton, Marriott & SPG Platinum & a whole lot of other programs...
My experience JFK -> CDG and CDG->JFK on 4 separate legs didn't open up 1 month prior up to and including departure.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 10:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP
FYI, the BOS-CDG flight is on a 744, so that wouldn't work for SWUs.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 11:01 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by bradfrancini
And it appears that BOS-CDG is the only US/Canada-CDG AF route with O available 19–21 August. I checked IAD, ATL, DTW, JFK, LAX, SFO, ORD, IAH, MIA, YUL, YYZ, and MCO and found nothing. It's worth nothing that the IAD-CDG flights are J9 and even Z9 (AF's deeply discounted business bucket), so it's not like these flights are sold out.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 1:38 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PE
+1

That's why I routed thru JFK. Very full flight with lots of kids. Had an alert set and O never opened up. Theory : families traveling home from summer vacation.

Btw - new lounge in 2E is very nice.

Fingers crossed for O on way back 777
Old Aug 19, 2012, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

moving to 772 shortly. All my upcoming flights are 772s.

And it appears that BOS-CDG is the only US/Canada-CDG AF route with O available 19–21 August. I checked IAD, ATL, DTW, JFK, LAX, SFO, ORD, IAH, MIA, YUL, YYZ, and MCO and found nothing. It's worth nothing that the IAD-CDG flights are J9 and even Z9 (AF's deeply discounted business bucket), so it's not like these flights are sold out.
o.k., since I am BOS-based I am usually looking for the BOS-CDG flight.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
+1. I've never seen AF so stingy.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 12:40 pm
c_d

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
Originally Posted by mnredfox
+1. I've never seen AF so stingy.
Yes :-( I am currently questioning the economics of still having EF and stil ltrying to use SWU's because basically all alarms have been empty until boarding time for the past 2 months. Sep., Oct., and Nov. do not look much better. My hope grows slim ...
Old Aug 19, 2012, 3:44 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
c_d, I just gave up my EF membership exactly because of this and I'm not willing to gamble at the gate with AF. The last 3 alerts on AF yielded zip.
SWUs are still useful ex-ATL for some European destinations, but always on DL metal.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
This is too bad, because not 6 months ago AF was great. Lots of seats released 3-4 weeks before flight and it kept rolling. I too have 2 AF alerts for some Sept itins. In Aug I had 10 AF alerts, nada. I only lucked out when KL alerts came through with seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.