Heading to Sydney

Old Jan 13, 2011, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum; Harrah's Diamond; Hilton Diamond
Heading to Sydney

Three of us are going to Sydney in a few months (in BE, thank God) on the LAX-SYD non-stop and I was wondering about the service. From what I can tell, outbound is Dinner-Snack-Breakfast. What about the return? I cannot find any menues on FlyerTalk and I am just curious about what we can expect. Thanks!^

Last edited by Seth; Jan 13, 2011 at 4:42 pm
Old Jan 13, 2011, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
IIRC it's lunch, snack, breakfast on the return. I took the 1230p departure (the one day a week it leaves that late). I believe it's the same service on the 930a departure as well.

It's a very nice flight in BE regardless. You won't go hungry and there are always plenty of snacks to go around.

-RM
Old Jan 13, 2011, 9:44 pm

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
If you're using mileage, how much did you shell out per ticket? If 230k or more, I suggest looking at spending the miles on VA for 150k.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 10:04 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 2MM, AA EXP
down here now on that flight.

Best in the network IMO, great food, flat beds, great FA's. Right up there.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 11:55 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Seth
Three of us are going to Sydney in a few months (in BE, thank God) on the LAX-SYD non-stop and I was wondering about the service. From what I can tell, outbound is Dinner-Snack-Breakfast. What about the return? I cannot find any menues on FlyerTalk and I am just curious about what we can expect. Thanks!^
I've flown to SYD a few times. IIRC the return flt is a meal, then a snack, then another meal before you land. In any case, you will eat more than you need to unless you choose to sleep which is probably the better option. BE seats are awesome and the service has always been great. Relax and enjoy, it is quite a long flt.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 6:07 am

Programs: Delta Diamond / United 1K / HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Wiirachay
If you're using mileage, how much did you shell out per ticket? If 230k or more, I suggest looking at spending the miles on VA for 150k.
What's the process for redeeming on VA? I got my wife's BE award ticket for 195K, but my mother in law is out 305K for her redemption leaving a day later. Where do I start to look at VA redemption and see if 150K is available?
Old Jan 14, 2011, 7:03 am

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
Originally Posted by bradjward
What's the process for redeeming on VA? I got my wife's BE award ticket for 195K, but my mother in law is out 305K for her redemption leaving a day later. Where do I start to look at VA redemption and see if 150K is available?
Call Delta, and good luck.

MO
Old Jan 14, 2011, 7:29 am

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Originally Posted by bradjward
Go to vAustralia's web site. Then register for their ff program using some address in Australia. I used the Hilton's address. But you can make up something. If you have a great sense of humor, use VA's address. Then look for award availability. Don't forget that they operate LAX-BNE and LAX-MEL several days of the week, in addition to the daily LAX-SYD flight.

I got 3 round-trip J tickets on VA between LAX and SYD @ 150k each . . . and you can too.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ess-class.html
Old Jan 14, 2011, 5:55 pm

How does VA's in-flight premium service compare to DL BusinessElite and other TPAC carriers such as KE?
Old Jan 15, 2011, 6:35 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
How does VA's in-flight premium service compare to DL BusinessElite and other TPAC carriers such as KE?
VA is far superior to dl. You won't regret it.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum; Harrah's Diamond; Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the information, everyone.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by NYBanker
VA is far superior to dl. You won't regret it.
And how are the seats ???????
Old Jan 18, 2011, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
IIRC it's lunch, snack, breakfast on the return. I took the 1230p departure (the one day a week it leaves that late). I believe it's the same service on the 930a departure as well.

It's a very nice flight in BE regardless. You won't go hungry and there are always plenty of snacks to go around.

-RM
Yep, the same. Came back last tues from SYD.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.