Wiki Posts
Search

Delta/Alitalia Codeshare IRROPS

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2011, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA - 1K
Delta/Alitalia Codeshare IRROPS

I have been lurking for a while but finally decided to add to my post count starting tonight!

I tried searching for details on my question but had no luck so I am hoping someone can give me insight into the situation.

I'm flying JFK - FCO on DL 246 on 01/13 (Thurs) and was wondering if I would be booked onto the earlier (AZ 609) or later (AZ 611) Alitalia flight if my DL flight were to be cancelled in the event that the NYC weather situation does not improve by Thursday evening. I know this is an odd question, but it appears that DL 246 on 01/12 is cancelled, but that AZ 611 departing later that evening is still scheduled to depart as planned which got me thinking about my itinerary.

My thoughts are that I would be placed on the 01/14 JFK - FCO flight which wouldn't be terrible, I am just curious as to what the codeshare has to offer in this situation. I do not currently have any status with DL and I am booked on an Economy fare.

Thanks in advance! Safe travels to everyone heading to the NE in the next couple of days!
Old Jan 11, 2011, 2:04 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Not really clear what you want to know.
If you manage to get rerouted on the AZ metal, run don't walk. The new A330 in service all days of the week but one blows the old DL 763's out of the sky. Food is better too, although DL has better hard liquor (I'm referring to Y).
Old Jan 11, 2011, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
If you have a ticket for a flight operated by Delta, then Delta is responsible for rebooking you in the event of cancellation. It can help to offer reasonable suggestions for routings and partner carriers.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 10:55 am

Programs: AA Plat, FI Silver, DL alumnus
Originally Posted by thesaints
Not really clear what you want to know.
If you manage to get rerouted on the AZ metal, run don't walk. The new A330 in service all days of the week but one blows the old DL 763's out of the sky. Food is better too, although DL has better hard liquor (I'm referring to Y).
Depends if AZ is flying the route with their new A330 or the tired, old ex-Air One A330. At least one of the older aircraft does the BOS-FCO rotation and, as of a couple of weeks ago, it was a horrible experience in Y. Crappy seats, no AVOD, barely edible food, grumpy and mostly-absent flight attendants. It wasn't my choice to book it, but I ended up on the flight after irrops caused me to miss my original DTW-CDG flight.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 1:02 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Welcome to FlyerTalk and the Delta SkyMiles forum WildcatFlyer07! Does your current online itinerary give you the option to make changes? If so, which of the options best suits your needs or preference?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.