Wiki Posts
Search

"Seat Request" at check-in for First??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold, SPG Plat
"Seat Request" at check-in for First??

I bought a discounted F ticket and checked-in for a flight tomorrow. I was not able to select a seat and received the "Seat Request" information on my boarding pass. I know that thing from last minute Y seats (i.e. due to airport-controlled seat selections), but in F? Never had that before.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:56 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
That would get my attention. What's the flight number? What is your fare class? Is it really a coach fare with an automatic F upgrade?
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Fare class is "P". Do you think there is something wrong ith it? I do have a ticket number on my boardng pass, so everything is fine - I hope
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:16 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Hard for anyone to give you specific info without the flight number.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Delta doesn't normally overbook F but there are rare circumstances when it could happen.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

But as long as I have a ticket number, I am good to go, right? I really need to fly.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by berlinflyer
But as long as I have a ticket number, I am good to go, right? I really need to fly.
As fti stated, it would be much easier for someone to confirm you should be "good to go" if more information on your flight date/number was provided.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Originally Posted by berlinflyer
No, not necessarily. You can still be IDBd. Happened to me a couple of times with a confirmed reservation but no seat assignment, albeit in Y and not F.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 1:31 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Isn't "P" like "A" where DL will tell you that its really a coach fare with automatic upgrade even though if you select "First" as class of service you want to buy these come up?

My guess is that the OP has a coach ticket on an oversold flight.

Darn bait-and-switch tactics
Old Jan 10, 2011, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
P is a discounted first class fare -- so the OP should be fine in 99.9% of situations (not including flight irrops). From what I gather, F>P>A for first class fares. For more:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...re-bucket.html
Old Jan 10, 2011, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by GaryO3
Isn't "P" like "A" where DL will tell you that its really a coach fare with automatic upgrade even though if you select "First" as class of service you want to buy these come up?

My guess is that the OP has a coach ticket on an oversold flight.

Darn bait-and-switch tactics
This is exactly why I would be worried. Let us know how it turns out.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:02 pm

No way you don't get on with a P fare... in coach is the worst case, for which I would demand compensation equal (or greater than) the difference btw the P fare and your best guess at the lowest available coach fare at the time of booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.