Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Soup in DTW SkyClub?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2011, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I like that most KLM Crown Lounges in AMS have a 1/2 and 1/2 container so there are usually 2 kinds of soups. But what I love is that they have good garnishes for the soups (cheese, scalions, crackers, etc.) Maybe DL can take a cue from KLM?
Old Jan 7, 2011, 5:53 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
Is the soup at DTW different than the clear broth vegatable soup from one of the (I can't remember which one) E SCs in ATL? Does that ATL SC still have soup and if so is it the same as DTW?
Old Jan 7, 2011, 7:13 pm

Programs: Delta DM, UA 1P, Hyatt Passport Diamond, SPG Gold
I was on the way back from MCI w/ a stopover in DTW and saw the soup with the rest of the snacks. The one I tried was the Butternut Squash and Apple Soup. Tasted pretty good. A little something different, especially with the current cold winter weather.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Not new. Soup/oatmeal sightings in the DTW, MEM and BOS clubs were reported several weeks ago here.

Has anyone seen a soup besides the butternut squash?
Old Jan 9, 2011, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Stripe
Not new. Soup/oatmeal sightings in the DTW, MEM and BOS clubs were reported several weeks ago here.

Has anyone seen a soup besides the butternut squash?
Why were these the only SCs to get the soup? Surprised it was never spotted in ATL, JFK, SLC, MSP, or LAX. It was not indicated as a trial during my visits to MEM or BOS. Seems very confusing to the passenger if the offerings vary so greatly between clubs.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Delta overindexed on consistency before - creating the whole fake cheese controversy we all know and love as a result of some clubs not having refrigeration yet.

I far prefer discovering pleasant surprises like morning oatmeal to consistency - keep it up Delta! ^ (And, of course, please expand it to all the clubs as soon as possible!)

(Soup in the afternoons is fantastic - let the AS merger speculation begin )
Old Jan 9, 2011, 7:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, Hilton Gold
Soup would be a great addition to the current DL offerings. I would be happy to see some salmon (such as in the KLM and ST LHR lounge) also. Even Avianca in Bogota has some nicer snacks.

Dave
Old Mar 6, 2011, 6:33 am

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Mem soup

Was just in Memphis SC for first time. What a nice club!

The best selection I have seen anywhere. Soup (hooray!), real cheese, carrots and celery (not in packets), nuts, chocolate drizzle caramel corn, hummus, and those tasty little crackers.

Staff was extremely nice as well.

Soup was creamy broccoli.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 6:50 am
Suspended

SkyCoub Food

Originally Posted by jpmardini
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.975 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

When to DTW Central SC (larger one) on Jan 5 and saw soup being offered...when did Delta start that? I remember the days of the BE lounges with the real food, so is the soup coming to the other lounges? Or is everything moving towards the JFK restaurant approach?

I would definitely prefer the older BE food, but soup is better than cheese and olives.
And I was recently at MEM in the a.m. and the oatmeal and related bits were just great. Good heart food.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 9:45 am

Programs: WN,DL,AA,UA,B6,more!
I had soup at the KLM lounge at YYZ last November.

I was good too. Mediterranean Vegetable IIRC.

They also had quiche, something resembling empanadas, and self poured draft Heineken!

Foo
Old Mar 6, 2011, 9:51 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by gretchendz
Soup was creamy broccoli.
Interesting. I haven't been to MEM since the soup experiment began, but the only variety I've ever seen at BOS and DTW is butternut squash with apple. While the addition of soup is greatly appreciated, I do wish they would rotate the selection.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 2:13 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Creamy Broccoli /w Montery Jack today in the DTW SkyClub. VERY tasty. Large pieces of broccoli.

Happy to have a change from the Butternut Squash /w Apple soup. (Not complaining, it was just time for a change.. )
Old Mar 13, 2011, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Soup sightings still only DTW, MEM, MSP, JFK, BOS. Wonder why all other lounges get the shaft. This is almost five months in the making, really confusing customers!
Old Mar 14, 2011, 1:33 pm
Suspended

Soup at DTW

Originally Posted by jpmardini
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.975 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

When to DTW Central SC (larger one) on Jan 5 and saw soup being offered...when did Delta start that? I remember the days of the BE lounges with the real food, so is the soup coming to the other lounges? Or is everything moving towards the JFK restaurant approach?

I would definitely prefer the older BE food, but soup is better than cheese and olives.
Soup on the way to LHR and back last night was great. It is, of course, in addition to the cheese and olives. Also, some veggies.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 1:48 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Soup sightings still only DTW, MEM, MSP, JFK, BOS. Wonder why all other lounges get the shaft. This is almost five months in the making, really confusing customers!
BNA has had their soup in the freezer for awhile, but according to them they are waiting on the pot still. (As of two weeks ago...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.