Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Redeeming First/Business Award Ticket with Skymiles Partners

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2011, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, CO GE, AA Plat, Hyatt Pla, HH Gold, Hertz PC

How many skymiles are needed to redeem on First/Business class on Skymiles Partner Airlines for international travel? Thinking of going Bangkok.

Is it fixed like Korean Air with 60,000 miles R/T?
Is it 12,0000 miles(low tier/almost never found) or 24,000 miles(Medium tier/mostly)?
Thank you.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 3:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, former DL Gold
For partner travel, it should cost the low amount as long as there is availability. Also, I'm hoping you mean 120,000 miles (not 12,000 :O).
Old Jan 7, 2011, 10:46 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Of course, you do realize that you are not allowed to redeem SkyMiles for international First Class award travel on carriers that offer international First Class (I'm looking at you Air France and Korean )? The "best" cabin you'll get into is Business.

Keep in mind that SkyTeam is the "fat chick" alliance, so investigate carefully the partner's definition of "Business Class". For example, I think some SkyMiles partners/SkyTeam airlines use domestic First Class seats as their international Business Class offering *cough* Hawaiian Airlines *cough*

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.