Atl/nrt/sin dl 281

Old Jan 6, 11, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Atl/nrt/sin dl 281

I am flying MLB/ATL/SIN next week on B/E DL 281. I know we stop in NRT to fuel up but want to know when I get off the plane for the hour or two interim before we go to SIN is there a BE lounge close to the gate to go to? Does it have shower facilities? Do I have to go through security to get back onto the plane???

Long time since I did transfers in NRT...

Thanks, long haul road warriors for your thoughts.
Old Jan 6, 11, 6:32 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott: Titanium
Upon arrival, you will have a security point to get to the gates but this has never taken more than a few minutes. Once you get through this, there are two SkyClubs you can go to. They are both close to the Delta gates. You will be able to go inside because your on a BE ticket. They both have showers.
Old Jan 6, 11, 8:30 pm

Programs: DL: DM / Royal Ambassador /PC:Plat / Hertz:5*
I was very impressed by the clubs in NRT. The mac computers, showers and size was refreshing. Great view of the runways plenty of 744 activity.

Only challenge I had was my flight to mnl they had the boarding area very packed in small space. Boarding with be or sky priority was not an option merely due to not being able to get there while it boarded those zones.
Old Jan 6, 11, 10:04 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond since inception
yes - it's very easy in NRT and the lounges are great as is the food.

Showers are very nice also - a good break while on the ground.

The 777 LR all the way to SIN from ATL makes the trip easy as pie in BE - hands down best plane in the fleet. Although once the 747's are upgraded then I would prefer upper deck.
Old Jan 6, 11, 11:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
I've done the present day 747 upper deck LAX-NRT in 73A and the 777LR NRT-SIN in 4D. I think I actully liked the 747 upper deck 73A better.

MO
Old Jan 6, 11, 11:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I just came back from 281/280 ATL-NRT-SIN and rt last week.

As others have said, the DL lounges are probably some of the best in the system. Great views, food, the legendary beer machines, macs, showers, etc. Security takes no time at all.

I've done 73A on the 747 in the past, but I've never slept as well as I did on the 777LR. One suggestion, thought it really depends on personal preference, is to sleep in the opposite direction. When I put my seat into the bed mode, I found my head to be lower than my feet, even with the BE pillow. Instead, I now sleep with my head on the footrest (closer to the aisle) which elevates my head above my feet due to the angle in flight. I find it much more comfortable than the normal way.

Also, the row 7 and 14 window seats in BE have a small shelf next to the seat which gives you a little more space. Quite nice to keep a small bag or random things there...
Old Jan 7, 11, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Thank you everyone!
Old Jan 7, 11, 11:58 am

Programs: Former PM now a kettle :(
Don't forget to check out the beer machines
Old Jun 15, 11, 4:07 pm

Can someone tell me how many MQMs i will get for flying from ATL-SIN please? I will be in Business Elite. I tried searching all the forums but couldn't find any conclusive answers. When i booked my ticket, the numbers quoted at the bottom of the booking page differs from when you add all the miles up by clicking on the individual flight numbers. I called SkyMiles and they quoted a 3rd different number. Thanks!

From booking page:
ATL-SIN: 9866+4933=14799

Clicking on individual flight #s:
ATL-SIN: 10178+5089=15267

SkyMiles representative:
ATL-SIN: 10469+5235=15704
Old Jun 15, 11, 5:14 pm

Programs: MR LT(!)TE, DL PM MM, HTZ PC, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE, Uber Gold
Originally Posted by ironic23 View Post
Can someone tell me how many MQMs i will get for flying from ATL-SIN please? I will be in Business Elite. I tried searching all the forums but couldn't find any conclusive answers. When i booked my ticket, the numbers quoted at the bottom of the booking page differs from when you add all the miles up by clicking on the individual flight numbers. I called SkyMiles and they quoted a 3rd different number. Thanks!

From booking page:
ATL-SIN: 9866+4933=14799

Clicking on individual flight #s:
ATL-SIN: 10178+5089=15267

SkyMiles representative:
ATL-SIN: 10469+5235=15704
Since ATL-NRT-SIN is a through flight (one flight number on one itinerary, which earns origin to destination direct regardless of stopover), the booking page is correct.
Old Jun 15, 11, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, DL reserve, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by spikyone View Post
I just came back from 281/280 ATL-NRT-SIN and rt last week.

As others have said, the DL lounges are probably some of the best in the system. Great views, food, the legendary beer machines, macs, showers, etc. Security takes no time at all.

I've done 73A on the 747 in the past, but I've never slept as well as I did on the 777LR. One suggestion, thought it really depends on personal preference, is to sleep in the opposite direction. When I put my seat into the bed mode, I found my head to be lower than my feet, even with the BE pillow. Instead, I now sleep with my head on the footrest (closer to the aisle) which elevates my head above my feet due to the angle in flight. I find it much more comfortable than the normal way.

Also, the row 7 and 14 window seats in BE have a small shelf next to the seat which gives you a little more space. Quite nice to keep a small bag or random things there...
772LR is pretty awesome, the best seat I find is 7A which is quite private, you don't look at anyone and you have an extra shelve.

You are first to be served in 7A as the flight attendants in the back are responsible for your seat as well. Sometimes both front and back crew look after you, so the service is always excellent.

Sleeping I advise asking for an extra comforter and putting on top of the bed. It will give you much more comfortable feel and because your head is below your feet (aircraft is pitched up 3 degrees) fold the top part of the comforter at the head of the bed and lay your pillow there or even better ask for two pillows. I sleep 6-7 hours straight through when I have my businessElite seat like this

Search this Thread
Search Engine: