Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Own A Business? Free/easy 20 Delta Drink Chits!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Own A Business? Free/easy 20 Delta Drink Chits!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2011, 10:44 am

Programs: United, Delta, American, Jet Blue, Hilton, Marriott
[QUOTE=
Lastly, have others had luck opening a SkyBonus account for a personal business, which may exist in reality or only imagination (no Fed Tax ID #)?[/QUOTE]

You can open an account using your SS# for a personal business.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 11:58 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by oshelef
Small to medium-size companies based in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania are eligible to earn up to 1 Million bonus points when they enroll in the SkyBonus program and fly on Delta between now and Feb. 28, 2011.

Here are the details of this exciting bonus offer:

LEVEL REQUIREMENT REWARD
1 Enroll with promotional code SBCBNEW
and fly one round trip flight Earn 85,000 bonus points = 1 domestic award ticket
2 Spend $10,000 or more on Delta flights Earn 170,000 bonus points = 2 domestic award tickets
3 Spend $15,000 or more on Delta flights Earn 200,000 bonus points = 2 domestic award tickets
& 4 Delta Sky Club™ One-Day passes
4 Spend $20,000 or more on Delta flights Earn 255,000 bonus points = 3 domestic award tickets
5 Spend $30,000 or more on Delta flights Earn 290,000 bonus points = 3 domestic award tickets, 4 Delta Sky Club One-Day passes and more
As a typical FTer with evil ideas, can I enroll my small "business" using an address in the NY, NJ, CT, PA area, fly a r/t, and earn the 85K points?
Old Jan 5, 2011, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by bostonbali
My brother owns a small business. I assume he or I sign me up as one of his employees, so that he gets points for my trips - correct?
The business earns the SkyBonus points. Whomever has permission/access to spend them may spend them. Could be you, could be your brother, could be both, could be someone else... all depends what you want.

Would doing so affect my (the passenger's) ability to earn miles in my SM account?
Nope. SkyBonus points are earned independently and in addition to any personal MQMs, RDMs, etc. Easiest thing to do is to add/save the SkyBonus account number to the personal profile of anyone wanting to contribute to the company's earnings. You could include friends, family, and colleagues if you want.

Lastly, have others had luck opening a SkyBonus account for a personal business, which may exist in reality or only imagination (no Fed Tax ID #)?
Originally Posted by buschoi
As a typical FTer with evil ideas, can I enroll my small "business" using an address in the NY, NJ, CT, PA area, fly a r/t, and earn the 85K points?
Both of these strategies would work as far as opening the account. The risk you (we) run is that if we push the boundaries of validity too far, Delta might step up the policing of the accounts and/or enforcement of the rules. I doubt, however, they'd be very inclined to do this unless things got really out of hand, as SkyBonus participation encourages additional business, revenue, and profits. Sure - the 25K sign-up bonus and 85K bonus for one round-trip (for the other promo) cost Delta something, but they're relatively modest and you can't earn much more without actually spending substantial sums. If Delta is encouraging you (and friends, colleagues, employees, family, etc.) to spend large sums, then the cost of providing the incremental bonuses becomes relatively insignificant and a worthwhile investment.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 2:14 pm

re

Originally Posted by runninaway
Two $300 RT tickets would probably not be YBM fares, which is what SkyBonus means by business. Those tickets would would earn you something in the area of 750 points each (assuming that about $50 of the fare is taxes).
I read it as business vs leisure trave,l as they say (F, P, C, D, I, J, S, W, Y, and B classes of service) qualify. they also mention 10 points for business travel and only 3 for leisure tickets.
Being in ATL I have lots of availability but only get 10X points vs 30X you can get if not in ATL, CVG, DTW, MEM, MSP, SLC .
I thought points were based on all-in totals, not just base fare, I havent looked into flight credits completely and could be wrong...
They were quick and credited the sign up points immediately, I ordered chits and they say 3 days delivery. Did the university promo for wife's company, so just 3000 points till lounge passes....i dont fly much for business, but its nice to have a SkyMiles like sub-program to give me a little extra when i do.
I also noticed, despite what I found posted in the last T&C, the points have a 3 year shelf life.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 3:46 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, SPG
Hiring New Employees

If interested in joining an exciting new company with the purpose of generating Skybonus points for me, please send me a PM. We can work out terms of the contract upon hiring.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gree0411
If interested in joining an exciting new company with the purpose of generating Skybonus points for me, please send me a PM. We can work out terms of the contract upon hiring.
One nice aspect of your new company is that employees can take vacations and still be performing their primary job duty at the same time. Heck, you'd be thrilled if your entire staff decided to head to Asia just for fun on their first day of work!
Old Jan 5, 2011, 5:48 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Anyone find a way to apply to an existing account? Didn't get squat when I applied... *grumble*
Old Jan 5, 2011, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by daveland
Anyone find a way to apply to an existing account? Didn't get squat when I applied... *grumble*
I was in the same situation, as my account is several years old. I can't speak for the state-specific promo, but I wrote support about the SB2011NEW one and they agreed to post the bonus points as a sign of goodwill if my company completed three qualifying trips within 60 days. We did, I wrote back, and they made good. I wouldn't necessarily expect the same result... I was polite, and my company (and I personally) have a substantial history with them... but it's worth a shot. Like I said before, Delta's goal here is to spur loyalty and revenue, so it behooves them to make this program as sticky as possible.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 8:53 am

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
I registered (signed up) last night. Got approved this morning and did the on-line University and I already have 27,000 points. Doing a trip to Mexico next week so I will earn double points because of a promo they are offering.

Bad new-I fly from MSP

Good News-It's all a bonus in my mind....anything helps.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 10:32 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Thanks OP, now have 27K in my new account !
Old Jan 6, 2011, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by twoner32
I registered (signed up) last night. Got approved this morning and did the on-line University and I already have 27,000 points. Doing a trip to Mexico next week so I will earn double points because of a promo they are offering.
I noticed that promo... make sure you registered for that promo because if you don't register for that specific one, you won't get the bonus.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I signed up, hoping to use the miles accrued for free conference faculty tickets. I was shocked to see that a free ticket is 85,000 miles!
Old Jan 6, 2011, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlohaStyle
I noticed that promo... make sure you registered for that promo because if you don't register for that specific one, you won't get the bonus.
New promotions pop up in the relevant section all the time. I made myself a monthly reminder to simply log in, go to that section, and sign up for every promo that is active. No harm done if you don't plan to use them... takes only a few clicks and a minute of your time each month. Better to be safe.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
Can anyone tell me know long it takes to have the account set up? Submitted application about 30 minutes ago and haven't seen a reply yet. Just debating whether I book for a coworker immediately or wait a bit longer.

Alternatively, can I add it to his booking later given that I'll know the confirmation number?

I do realize that he could do that through his Delta FF account, if he had one. He hasn't seen the light and I've failed to convince him.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 2:48 pm

Mine took until the next morning... then I received an email with my ID number and password.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.