Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Can you filter out Redeye flights on Delta.com???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2010, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, DL DM MM. National Exec... and my CC qualified for Plat. Status!

I am trying to get a flight from CVG to SLC in a few weeks. When I search on DL.com I keep getting Redeye return flights. Is there a way to filter these out?

I am sure the Redeye is the lowest fare, but it does not really give you another option for the return when you choose the outboud flights that they give you as options.

I can look up one-way flights to get what I want, but this was not an issue before the new website launched.

Thanks and Happy Travels!
Old Dec 28, 2010, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, US Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold 5*
I've noticed the same issue sometimes and have found a way to get around it. When entering your information, go to the advanced booking page and select schedule instead of price being more important to you. This should help you out.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 12:38 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Another trick is to use multi-city. After entering CVG and SLC with your dates, use the "Sort by" drop down box to the upper right of the first flight and select departure. I was presented with 14 return flights arriving in CVG before midnight, to include two non-stops.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, DL DM MM. National Exec... and my CC qualified for Plat. Status!
I have tried both. The problem is that the prices are not listed when you sort by schedule. It will get me there when I want, but if I can take the later flight and save $500 I would prefer to do that.

I ended up checking one way flights to get the pricing and routing that I want, then I can choose the exact flights by schedule.

I also found that you can kinda sort through some of the less desirable options if you view the outbound and return at the same time. Didn't see that little radio button until a few minutes ago.

Thanks for your help.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 8:18 am

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
use orbitz or itasoftware?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.