FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   What gives with DL .com not working (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1164582-what-gives-dl-com-not-working.html)

FlytheTail Dec 13, 2010 7:04 pm

Top 10 reasons for Delta.com hang-ups

For the second day, delta.com has not allowed many of us to check-in online, view our itineraries, change flights, etc. The site is completely down now. Thought I'd start a Top 10 list for reasons why:

10. Delta canceled Julian Assange's tickets and now Wikileak's supporters are hacking into the site.

Denolloyd Dec 13, 2010 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by FlytheTail (Post 15443544)

10. Delta canceled Julian Assange's tickets and now Wikileak's supporters are hacking into the site.

:D

lucycan Dec 13, 2010 7:14 pm

Here I was thinking I was the only one. You guys held out on me!

Vuelos Dec 13, 2010 7:17 pm

9. When it gets cold in Atlanta, the servers freeze up ;)
8. The servers were used to run the heating system for the Metrodome....
7. AFA has filed interference charges against Delta.com for not promoting a negative enough image of the company.

n301dp Dec 13, 2010 7:19 pm

8: Someone forgot to tell the servers that "smoking is NOT allowed."

itsaboutthejourney Dec 13, 2010 7:24 pm

6. you accidently entered .com instead of .dumb

N615HL Dec 13, 2010 7:24 pm

Sir, it's snowing in MSP, and we have no control of the weather.

LADELTA777 Dec 13, 2010 7:28 pm

5) this is not Delta sr, this is MWA

gj83 Dec 13, 2010 7:35 pm

4) They had too much vacation time to use before the end of the year and they're off until Jan 3.

itsaboutthejourney Dec 13, 2010 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by FlytheTail (Post 15443544)
delta.com has not allowed many of us to check-in online, view our itineraries, change flights, etc.

Are you sure they simply didn't decide to go back to the way it was in 2008? :D

Or maybe bubba's hosting service (DL's ISP) forgot to pay their "light" bill? ;)

BenA Dec 13, 2010 7:37 pm

3) They're moving the servers into their shiny new datacenter:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...elta-comhq.jpg

(credit for the original joke to the OP, itsaboutthejourney, from this old thread :D)

atldlff Dec 13, 2010 8:06 pm

Could be this new code that was implemented with a recent updated version of Delta.com:

Begin: Display_Segment, Exception** 1-Fake Cheese =/ Real Cheese++> Scan PD Beverage=no/PMNW|PMDL/www.nwa.com> solves_World_hunger}+1SWU=Trash/Award_Calendar_works=/FALSE/Low_Award=Not_available|DYKWIA=Stand_clear.BIC+/Display>>Please wait while we search<Insert Laughing Hyena>_FC_Upgrade<NRSA_Seating_available!Link=Shee na>N|HVC%Display world-class loyalty||Go>>LOOP_Begin:

gj83 Dec 13, 2010 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by atldlff (Post 15443993)
Could be this new code that was implemented with a recent updated version of Delta.com:

Begin: Display_Segment, Exception** 1-Fake Cheese =/ Real Cheese++> Scan PD Beverage=no/PMNW|PMDL/www.nwa.com> solves_World_hunger}+1SWU=Trash/Award_Calendar_works=/FALSE/Low_Award=Not_available|DYKWIA=Stand_clear.BIC+/Display>>Please wait while we search<Insert Laughing Hyena>_FC_Upgrade<NRSA_Seating_available!Link=Shee na>N|HVC%Display world-class loyalty||Go>>LOOP_Begin:

That's more advanced that I was expecting. I thought it was
10 PRINT Welcome to Delta.com
20 PRINT Would you like to check in online?
30 GOTO 20

Vuelos Dec 13, 2010 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney (Post 15443794)

Or maybe bubba's hosting service (DL's ISP) forgot to pay their "light" bill? ;)

That explains the roof collapse.

jeromyers Dec 13, 2010 8:41 pm

Keep climbing! ====> Keep Failing!