FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Priority tags torn off in transit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1164404-priority-tags-torn-off-transit.html)

COnned Dec 26, 2010 3:18 pm

Priority tags torn off in transit

I've noticed this becoming a trend for me lately, and thought I'd throw it out there to see if anyone else is running into the same problem.

Usually between checkin and baggage claim, the yellow priority tag attached to my baggage claim tag has been nearly (or in today's case completely) torn off.

As a result, my bags are hardly ever one of the first to arrive on the belt, which kind of defeats the whole purpose of a priority tag in the first place.

Am I the only one this happens to? Is this the result of excessive handling or does Delta need to start looking into thicker stock for the priority tags? I have never run into this problem before on other airlines.

DLNYC Dec 26, 2010 3:23 pm

Wow...

travelingsalesgal Dec 26, 2010 3:28 pm

removed...

turnpike17 Dec 26, 2010 4:05 pm

Haha.... What are we do to! This is atrocious!!

jrmcrm Dec 26, 2010 4:11 pm

I tend to agree that this isn't substantive.

However, if I was a Diamond flying x times a week and this was constantly happening to me, than it would piss me off royally.

It costs the hypothetical Diamond valuable time and that is precisely what SkyPriority benefits are supposed to save.

MS02113 Dec 26, 2010 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by travelingsalesgal (Post 15526330)
+1 .. Perhaps this should go into the "least substantive thing I can complain to DL about" thread?

Why is this complaint not substantive?

jbcarioca Dec 26, 2010 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by MS02113 (Post 15526578)
Why is this complaint not substantive?

Maybe because the tags, at least at ATL tend to make the bags arrive last while in other locations it has no affect at all. OTOH the FlyerTalk tags getting torn off would be substantive, were that to happen.

batdude Dec 26, 2010 5:10 pm

+1 for me.

has happened twice on my last two trips... both on the return legs thru ATL.

didn't get too excited about it - but did find it strange that the priority tag was torn CLEAN on both sides of the bag tag.

on another note, while sitting on the plane in ATL waiting to push back the other day, saw not one, not two - but THREE of the luggage trucks run over a soft sided black rollerbag. perhaps if that guy is here on FT he can msg me and i can substantiate his claim for damage....

Crazyhotelguy Dec 26, 2010 7:29 pm

While, I do not find that the tags do much to speed up the bag getting to me, I would find it odd if the tags were removed clean, as to not have been ripped by machinery in transit... Maybe there is a Priority Tag Bandit on the loose...

Davescj Dec 26, 2010 7:31 pm

I find the PRIORTY tags do well. It is the "DL" luggage tags they give me that die.

Dave

nfg05 Dec 26, 2010 8:45 pm

Seems substantive to me... they tout the priority bag service as a benefit.

domcharles Dec 26, 2010 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by nfg05 (Post 15527639)
Seems substantive to me... they tout the priority bag service as a benefit.

+1....DELTA needs to live by its claims.

ControlTower Dec 26, 2010 9:05 pm

I agree with OP, the "new" yellow tags are really easy to get torn off, and have happened to me. (although it doesn't really matter on domestic flights)

Side note, the green tag (one prior to current edition), was plastic coated, fairly durable for 3+ transfers.

Continental's new priority tag is plastic film(durable), and thin(Cheap). DL could switch to a kind, and still save the cost i think.

yohanson Dec 27, 2010 12:50 am

Originally Posted by COnned (Post 15526284)
I've noticed this becoming a trend for me lately, and thought I'd throw it out there to see if anyone else is running into the same problem.

Usually between checkin and baggage claim, the yellow priority tag attached to my baggage claim tag has been nearly (or in today's case completely) torn off.

As a result, my bags are hardly ever one of the first to arrive on the belt, which kind of defeats the whole purpose of a priority tag in the first place.

Am I the only one this happens to? Is this the result of excessive handling or does Delta need to start looking into thicker stock for the priority tags? I have never run into this problem before on other airlines.

In my case, I wish they wouldn't put them on my luggage. My luggage always seems to be one of the last pieces on the carousel especially at MSP (my home airport).

remyontheroad Dec 27, 2010 2:10 am

Put me down for pretty happy with how they've been working...JFK CDG IST...

Been in the first 10 bags off the plane the last few times I can remember.

(Knocking on wood now!h)