Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

My one-day SkyClub passes have no expiration date

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver (aka, Delta AmEx PLUS), Starbucks Gold :)

Hi,

As my flying was done for the year, I asked a friend to help me buy one-day Sky Club passes, taking advantage of the 5 for $99 promotion. I didn't notice it when he handed it to me, but I just realized that there's no expiration date printed on the passes. I read another post about the "strictness of the printed expiration date" where others responded that when a pass expires, it won't be accepted. Understandable. But mine have none. The "expires" line is blank.

Has anyone had this experience before and would this pose a problem for me using these passes?

Thanks!
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:55 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by LGANightOwl
Hi,

As my flying was done for the year, I asked a friend to help me buy one-day Sky Club passes, taking advantage of the 5 for $99 promotion. I didn't notice it when he handed it to me, but I just realized that there's no expiration date printed on the passes. I read another post about the "strictness of the printed expiration date" where others responded that when a pass expires, it won't be accepted. Understandable. But mine have none. The "expires" line is blank.

Has anyone had this experience before and would this pose a problem for me using these passes?

Thanks!

Send me one and I'll check it out for you.

Old Dec 22, 2010, 3:38 am

Programs: DL Million Miler
>>>>>>Has anyone had this experience before and would this pose a problem for me using these passes?

Mine had the date hand-written on them (they used a blanket 12/31/2011 instead of a strict one year limit).

Sounds like they forgot to do that with yours.

Now you'll never have to use them!
Old Dec 22, 2010, 8:28 am

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
They hand-wrote the dates for mine at the SC when I purchased them. I'm guessing your SC person didn't realize they were supposed to fill that in.

You'll probably just want to make sure you enter in a date before you try to use one
Old Dec 22, 2010, 8:51 am

Programs: DL-GM
Same thing here no Expiration date written on them at time of purchase. - I used one of them that day in a different skyclub no problem. Still have 4 left that don't expire.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 6:53 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond.
Just bought the 5 for $99 last night to use up some of my Amex Plat credit for the year. There was only 1 agent at the club, so she was a little hurried.

No expiration on mine either!^
Old Dec 23, 2010, 7:53 am

Programs: DL
I bought the 5 for 99 at BNA last week. The agent wrote it in 363 days from now. A weird expiration a little less than year if you ask me, but oh well. They'll be long gone by then I'm sure!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.