Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OK, where is "Have One On Us"?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2012, 9:24 pm

Programs: RDM AS 100K - 1MM / DL DM - 3MM / Marriott Ambassador - Lifetime Titanium Elite
Alaska has it right

In addition to being a PM 2MM on Delta, I have been a MVPG on Alaska. When I don't get the upgrade and sit in coach, the FA comes by, looks at their list, thanks me for my business, and tells me the first adult beverage is on them.

Not that hard Delta!!!!
Old Feb 6, 2012, 10:03 pm

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I had to buy a ticket on 1/31 for an emergency trip to Nashville so had to wait until the gate to get an upgrade but did receive a HOOU coupon when I printed out my boarding pass, early in the morning of 2/1
Old Feb 6, 2012, 10:10 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by bartendress
I wouldn't accept one with a 12/31/11 expiration date, either.
Given that as late as mid-October, DL was sending out coupons with 12/31/11 expirations for SkyBonus reward redemptions, and they are advertised as "valid up to one year", I would hope that DL would continue to accept them.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 10:50 pm

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
As a GM on SkyWest DeltaConnection flights, I am getting them on every BP when I have not already been upgraded at the time I check in. They're marked to expire date of flight + 2 days.

On a related note, I use HOOUs for snacks. I've always been able to get the FAs to give me something out of the FC snack basket (my favorite SunChips or Walker shortbread cookies), without any fuss. Last Friday, a FA balked at giving me something out of the FC basket, she relented after I told her she was the first FA who hadn't just given me what I asked for without any grief. Are the FAs supposed to pull HOOU snacks from somewhere besides the FC snack basket (or is everyone else using HOOUs for drinks anyway?)

I'm now 9/13 for upgrades as GM, including this upcoming Friday.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:38 pm
mpp

Originally Posted by johnslloyd
On a related note, I use HOOUs for snacks. I've always been able to get the FAs to give me something out of the FC snack basket (my favorite SunChips or Walker shortbread cookies), without any fuss. Last Friday, a FA balked at giving me something out of the FC basket, she relented after I told her she was the first FA who hadn't just given me what I asked for without any grief. Are the FAs supposed to pull HOOU snacks from somewhere besides the FC snack basket (or is everyone else using HOOUs for drinks anyway?)
You can also get one of the snack boxes...blue typically has some type of meat product (salami slices, canned fish, etc.) and red is typically vegetarian (last one I had contained a bag of olives...strange but good).
Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:40 pm
mpp

Originally Posted by azeckel
Ditto. I've never NOT seen one print. Even if I'm already upgraded on one segment and not the other it still prints. Fairly large sample size, too - I fly nearly every week.
Funny because I see the opposite and also fly nearly every week. On a multi-leg journey, if I have been upgraded on any one of the legs, I do not get a coupon. If I am not upgraded on any legs (or no upgrade available) I always get a coupon.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:42 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.7MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT DM
Fewer HOOU 2012

I had this happen for today's flights. I was already upgraded on one of the two segments although this did not seem to matter in the past. This is the second time I can remember it happening so far this year. Using same computer system, setup, etc.

I tried going thorough the check in process a second time to see if that would help, but no good. All I got was a coupon for super shuttle, which doesn't even exist in SLC, and discount on SC which I already have a membership to through some year well into the future.

When upgrades aren't an option a free drink/food is at least a consolation prize. Hope they don't take it away!
Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:42 pm

Programs: Delta gm Spg gold hilton gold hyatt platinum hertz presidents avis presidential
I got one yesterday at the jfk sc t2
Old Feb 7, 2012, 12:09 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I was flying yesterday DCA/MSP, and because my ticket was issued with KL flight #s, the system wouldn't put me on the auto UG list, so it was a BF airport UG. I got a HOOU at online chekin, then got the UG at the SkyClub at about T-40 minutes.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 4:34 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AA
Agreed about the UG % decrease. Last year I cleared 100% of the time and this year it is about 65% with the same flight patterns.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by johnslloyd
I didn't know you could use them for items on the FC snack basket. I thought they had to be used on non-perishable items off the EAT menu (I wish Delta would let you use them on a fruit/cheese plate on flights during meal time but the chicken salad box is enough for a light meal). If it's during a meal time flight and I am hungry or I know I will want something with protien in at my hotel I will get the snack box with the chicken salad (or whatever snack box they have at that time). If I am flying back on a redeye and don't get upgraded, I am not going to drink and just use them on a can of pringles and throw them in my bag and use them at home.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 7:35 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Whether or not HOOU's print is dependent on your browser protection rather than which browser you use.

If you haved a problem, you can turn off your browser protection, restart the browser, check in, reprint your boarding pass(es) which will print with the HOOU's, and then re-establish the browser protection.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 8:39 am

Programs: DL EOS...
Just checked in, used Safari browser and got the HOOU coupon I usually get for non UG flights. Couple things I've learned is that you must click the main "print boarding pass" button NOT "print without weather and related info" button.

I often use my BP HOOU for the snack boxes on Eats menu. The one with chicken salad is my fav for tcons.

IIRC, the HOOUs received with the medallion package don't mention if they can be used for non-perishable snack boxes. Are those the same as redcoat/SC HOOUs?

This thread concerned me that coupled with the new BP design perhaps Delta would discontinue HOOU coupons with BPs? Fortunately, that does not appear to be the case.

Of course, there's plenty of other voodoo/hoodoo to get the coupon to print with BP as noted...
Old Feb 7, 2012, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CAVU
In addition to being a PM 2MM on Delta, I have been a MVPG on Alaska. When I don't get the upgrade and sit in coach, the FA comes by, looks at their list, thanks me for my business, and tells me the first adult beverage is on them.

Not that hard Delta!!!!
Unfortunately, it is that hard when you can often have 20+ Plats and Diamonds sitting in the back on DL. I doubt you ever see anything like that on AS. Also, I've had FA's come back and offer a free drink and stuff from the snack basket when I haven't been upgraded on DL. While it may not be as consistent as AS, it does happen on DL too.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by LBJ
Unfortunately, it is that hard when you can often have 20+ Plats and Diamonds sitting in the back on DL. I doubt you ever see anything like that on AS. Also, I've had FA's come back and offer a free drink and stuff from the snack basket when I haven't been upgraded on DL. While it may not be as consistent as AS, it does happen on DL too.
It seems like it would be easy enough for the FA to just scan your BP or Skymiles card for a free drink if you aren't upgraded. For me it would save a lot of wasted paper since I use the e-boarding pass if I am upgraded, but if I am not I print out my boarding pass just for the HOOU. Scanning the card or BP could also cut down on comped drinks as well since I have seen people hand out their HOOU at the gate when they get upgraded at the gate or after checking in.

I have been on Delta flights where I havent been upgraded and tried using my boarding pass HOOU for a snack box and one from my medallion pack to pay for a dirnk and have had them waive off the one from my medallion pack. I have also had FA's give me two minis instead of one or if I get a second drink waive off the HOOU from my medallion pack if I try using that to pay for the drink.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.