Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OK, where is "Have One On Us"?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2012, 11:00 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by fti
Is anyone else as confused as I am about this post?

First you say you must check in on the app first, then again online.

Then you contradict that statement by saying if you don't check in online first the app will say to print the BP at the kiosk.
My mistake--If you DO check in online before checking in on the app then the app will not load the e-BP. Good catch!
Old Jan 6, 2012, 11:13 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by jmanirish
Interesting - I always got them for my 2011 flights. Had a flight on 1/1/12, didn't print a HOOU. My return leg on 1/5/12 didn't print one either. I thought they had discontinued it for 2012. However I ended up getting a BF UG, so maybe the computer knows when you have a very good shot for the BF?
My flight had been F0 all week but I was #1 for the upgrade (and got it) because I was waitlisted to use a SWU. I'm not sure how an algorithm would score that 24 hours ahead of departure
Old Jan 6, 2012, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Jmr007
I have not had one in a year +. Probably fire wall or printer set up.
I found most agents at check in help out upon request.
I have yet to find a redcoat or TA that knows what this is. I'm serious...
Old Jan 6, 2012, 11:55 am

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by mnredfox
I have yet to find a redcoat or TA that knows what this is. I'm serious...
My favorite Red Coat at ATL keeps a stack in his pocket. Gives me a few every time I see him!
Old Jan 6, 2012, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
I had a CRJ MSN-DTW on 24dec connecting to AMS, and (as has happened before) the coupon printed out saying valid from 25-27dec. I told the counter agent about it, saying this was a problem since the coupons were basically for elites stuck in Y, and that by 25dec I would already be in Europe. But he responded that the thing was probably entitling me to a free drink on the DTW-AMS flight, but still but gave me a little red coupon out of the drawer. I didn't want to get into a "but drinx are free in Economy Comfort anyways and in the past I've been getting them if I am stuck in Y or on a CRJ" debate so I just thanked him and got a Corona on the Barbie jet.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 1:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, LH FTL
Only time in the past year one has printed for me is when I was on a paid business class transatlantic connecting to a paid F connection. No use for it whatsoever... Found it very strange that one should print...
Old Feb 6, 2012, 2:47 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
HOOU Being Phased Out?

The last couple weeks have been rough on my UG percentage. UG on about 5 of 9 segments. On those flights I was upgraded, 3 of 5 were gate clears rather than at window. Noticed that not a single HOOU coupon printed on my BP (despite the fact that I printed all the ads like I have always done). Asked at the SC, was told they've been noticing and hearing this more and more lately and the guy at the service desk in the C club at ATL Wednesday night said that they only got a stack of 30 to hand out for the entire month. He told me to ask a Red Coat, who said that he had been given none to hand out lately. Yesterday leaving SAN, asked at the SC and attendant said that they've only been seeing them show up for special circumstances lately.

Any one else noticing a shortage of HOOUs? Possibly part of the new SM rules?
Old Feb 6, 2012, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
If this turns out to be true I will be slightly sad. I thought they were a nice perk.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 3:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, National EE
I have only printed one BP without the HOOU coupon when I wasn't confirmed FC. But, since I got the UG on that flight, I wasn't worried. Otherwise, I have gotten them on the other three non-window UG flights.

Last edited by BeachBum770; Feb 6, 2012 at 4:11 pm Reason: Stupid spelling...
Old Feb 6, 2012, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Funny, I was coming to say I got my first one today.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 3:59 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
HOOU

I got one last week even though my fare was not upgradeable.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 4:35 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Haven't seen them with BP's but on a related note, had an FA tell me she wouldn't accept one with a 12/31/11 expiration date. Told me she has seen the new ones and that is what they are accepting now. Very surprising, haven't even found them at SC's except SLC. Hope this won't be an issue with other FA's for the next few weeks until we get out packages.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 4:35 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Got one yesterday on a crj segment. Was upgraded on the mainline segment.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 4:38 pm
mpp

I always get one if I'm not ugpraded on all segments. If I am upgraded on even one segment of my itinerary, I don't get one. It's a great perk that I hope doesn't go away.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 4:52 pm

Programs: Delta FO, United Silver, National Executive, HHonors Silver, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Sez_Who
Haven't seen them with BP's but on a related note, had an FA tell me she wouldn't accept one with a 12/31/11 expiration date....
I wouldn't accept one with a 12/31/11 expiration date, either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.