Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OK, where is "Have One On Us"?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by dcline414
One additional data point: I just checked in for my itinerary tomorrow, which is a split fare with 2 legs in coach followed by 1 segment in paid FC. Despite the fact that these are not the same fare (or a legal routing from origin to destination), and the fact that the last leg is not an upgrade but rather a separate paid FC fare, I did not get a HOOU at check in.

So apparently any same-day premium cabin seat assignment will prevent getting a HOOU on all other coach segments on the same PNR.
I have had the opposite experience. Y to BE with HOOU on the Y leg.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 10:47 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Every time I hand the FA one of those plastic cards with 16 digits on it, they give me whatever I want.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 10:53 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Often1
Every time I hand the FA one of those plastic cards with 16 digits on it, they give me whatever I want.
True... and the ones with 15 work as well.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by Bicostal
I have had the opposite experience. Y to BE with HOOU on the Y leg.
Interesting inconsistency. I wonder what is different about our itineraries that you got one and I didn't. I've never had a BP print without a HOOU in the past, so it doesn't seem to be a technical glitch.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 5:34 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Last Sunday when I checked in for Monday's flights I was in FC on the first leg and on a CR1 on the second leg, and I got HOOU. On Thursday when I checked in for Friday's flights I was in coach on the first leg and FC on the second and got no HOOU. This seems consistent with what I've seen in the past. If the last leg is in FC, no HOOU. If the last leg is not FC, then I get HOOU.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 7:52 pm

Interesting inconsistency. I wonder what is different about our itineraries that you got one and I didn't. I've never had a BP print without a HOOU in the past, so it doesn't seem to be a technical glitch.
DM v GM
Old Sep 9, 2012, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by Bicostal
DM v GM
Doubt that. Not that it wouldn't make sense or that Delta wouldn't try something like this... but we are talking about the same IT folks who haven't figured out a way to implement the HOOU well in the first place.

Another poster above said that if the last flight is in F then there is no HOOU. Perhaps J and F are treated differently in this regard. Either way, it makes no sense that the last segment being confirmed in the premium cabin would take away the HOOU.

Guess I'll find out in the morning if the ATL SC agents or GAs have HOOU coupons to give out.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 10:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP Gold 100K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Weird. My itinerary went MSP-JFK-CDG-AGP with MSP-JFK in FC and JFK-CDG in Premium Voyaguer and CDG-AGP in Y on UX. I got a HOOU on the CDG-AGP portion. Why then? It's of no use.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 10:18 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Barbella7
Weird. My itinerary went MSP-JFK-CDG-AGP with MSP-JFK in FC and JFK-CDG in Premium Voyaguer and CDG-AGP in Y on UX. I got a HOOU on the CDG-AGP portion. Why then? It's of no use.
Tenga una de nosotros? L'avez sur nous?
Old Sep 9, 2012, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Interestingly enough I had two flights the other day that was F then Y. I got the HOOU.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
I'm in Y then F tomorrow and did not get a HOOU. Is that because I didn't print the weather/destination info?
Old Sep 9, 2012, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by Traveller
I'm in Y then F tomorrow and did not get a HOOU. Is that because I didn't print the weather/destination info?
If you click "print without offers" then the HOOU coupon won't print. If you just uncheck all of the boxes, then it should print fine.

It seems like the last segment being in F will keep the coupon from printing in itself though. I know mine didn't print tomorrow for the first time ever, and my last leg is in paid FC.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 11:17 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Dcline, I'd send you one, but it says they cannot be transferred.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by Howste
Dcline, I'd send you one, but it says they cannot be transferred.
No worries... Thanks anyway!

I've never had a reason to ask for one at the airport since I'd never been upgraded before and thus never had an issue printing one. It will be good to know who (if anyone) has them in ATL.

Ironically, I have a chance at being upgraded on my first leg, and am in paid FC on my last leg, but the longest one is looking pretty unlikely. I'm not sure if it's more strange that a GM on a U fare is #2/13 for ATL-TPA, or that a GM on an H fare is only #4/11 for TPA-DTW.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 5:18 am

Doubt that. Not that it wouldn't make sense or that Delta wouldn't try something like this... but we are talking about the same IT folks who haven't figured out a way to implement the HOOU well in the first place.

Another poster above said that if the last flight is in F then there is no HOOU. Perhaps J and F are treated differently in this regard. Either way, it makes no sense that the last segment being confirmed in the premium cabin would take away the HOOU.

Guess I'll find out in the morning if the ATL SC agents or GAs have HOOU coupons to give out.
The difference in our itineraries is DM v GM. Additionally I've had a number of experiences where one leg was upgraded and the other not till <T-24 and gotten the hoou. Finally, it's not necessarily random and DMs are treated different,y across the board from GMs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.