Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OK, where is "Have One On Us"?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:50 am

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by mpp
You can also get one of the snack boxes...blue typically has some type of meat product (salami slices, canned fish, etc.) and red is typically vegetarian (last one I had contained a bag of olives...strange but good).
Yep. Used one of the only HOOU coupons I had left (not the ones printed on the BP) to get one of the blue box snacks Sunday night flying SAN-ATL. It has salami slices, garlic cheese spread, dried cranberrys, chocolate chip cookies, a bag of crackers, and a bag of goldfish snacks in it.

Seems like the red box is more sweets...
Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Just left the MEM SC and they too have no HOOUs. Upgraded today, so no HOOU on BP. Agent in the club says she does not think they've been phased out but thinks that they may be less prevalent right now until DL issues their new SM rules/benefits. Although, she did have a home-printed BP with one on it that someone had given her to throw away (upgraded while in the SC) that she gave me and told me to use it instead!

Good SC agent!
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:18 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by jsmith50
until DL issues their new SM rules/benefits.
We've been waiting for this for some time now.....
Old Feb 7, 2012, 2:09 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
I just checked in for JFK-SLC-BUR for tomorrow. First leg, I got the upgrade (FINALLY). The second flight is a CRJ-2, so obviously there was no upgrade.

There was, however, a "have one on us" certificate. Too bad it isn't have "a few on us.." ;-)
Old Feb 8, 2012, 8:04 am

Programs: DL DM, AA EP
I received on on each RJ flight for the last two weeks. Chose to print just boarding passes (no other print options selected) on a MacBook using Firefox browser.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA EP + million miler DL PL Med + million miler
I printed my boarding passes for tomorrow's flights and got none. The first is an RJ to ATL w/o FC and the second is a MD-90 to BWI and I am UGd. I also printed my wife's BPs for a 3 segment trip tomorrow. She is GM and has one segment w/ FC. She got a HOOU and I did not.

Last edited by jimg20; Feb 8, 2012 at 12:33 pm
Old Feb 8, 2012, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
No issue with getting HOOU coupons last weekend (LHR-JFK-LHR) and for my LHR-MSP-ATL trip tomorrow. F1 Y0 MSP-ATL = I'll probably want that coupon.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Received one today. 3 segment trip with one upgrade, one miss, and one CRJ50. I've generally got them pretty consistently win missing upgrades. I wonder if having the Delta AMEX card improves odds??
Old Feb 8, 2012, 6:38 pm

Programs: DL PM; AA EXP
Originally Posted by LBJ
Received one today. 3 segment trip with one upgrade, one miss, and one CRJ50. I've generally got them pretty consistently win missing upgrades. I wonder if having the Delta AMEX card improves odds??
No HOOU for me for 2 segment trip tomorrow with no upgrade for first segment, but upgrade for second. I'm AMEX Plat holder. I'm #1 of 25 for 1 seat ~15 hours before departure. Haven't missed an upgrade in a few months, so I'm not sure if the no HOOU is random or new for me.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 9:16 pm

Programs: DAL-PM
I got one for my flight tomorrow. I am #1 on the upgrade list at the moment with 3 seats in F.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 8:37 am

Programs: AA EP + million miler DL PL Med + million miler
I received one today for the trip tomorrow. I have an upgrade on the middle flight and RJs on the first and third.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:33 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Just checked in for my flight tomorrow--I am now 22/22 since I reached GM status last November. (I was 0/60 as FO, so I believe this benefit only applies to GM and above.)

FWIW I use two computers to check in (WindowsXP/IE8 or Windows7/IE9) to print my BPs.
Old May 17, 2012, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Has anyone figured out if and when you get the HOOU coupons if one of your segments has been UG? In other words, if you fly segment A then B, if you have an EUA on B will you get a HOOU for checking in for both? Vice versa?

I seem to recall mixed reports of folks with EUA in B and still getting HOOU, but I only seem to get them if not UG at all.
Old May 17, 2012, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Will the print if you are in EC on an international. I realize drinks are free in EC, but it would be nice for a food item
Old May 17, 2012, 12:35 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Will the print if you are in EC on an international. I realize drinks are free in EC, but it would be nice for a food item
I was in EC flying DTW-PEK recently and had a HOOU that printed. I just gave it to a colleague who was in back and not in EC since my drinks were free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.