OK, where is "Have One On Us"?

Old Feb 6, 12, 5:15 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
I haven't ever seen a BP print without a HOOU coupon... but maybe they just feel sorry for me because I've never been upgraded before getting to the gate! Or maybe because I have only gotten to sit up front 4 times, 3 of which were on RJs.

I have heard that antivirus and privacy software can prevent the coupon from printing, and some web browsers don't work as well either. I always use IE (7, 8, or 9) and click the print button at the top of the screen (the one at the bottom has never printed the coupon for me).

But if it doesn't work the first time you can always go through the check-in process again... it will still print the HOOU the second time around.

Last edited by dcline414; Feb 6, 12 at 5:58 pm
Old Feb 6, 12, 5:38 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
Originally Posted by dcline414 View Post
I haven't ever seen a BP print without a HOOU coupon... but maybe they just feel sorry for me because I've never been upgraded before getting to the gate! Or maybe because I have only gotten to sit up front 4 times, 3 of which were on RJs.
Ditto. I've never NOT seen one print. Even if I'm already upgraded on one segment and not the other it still prints. Fairly large sample size, too - I fly nearly every week.
Old Feb 6, 12, 6:04 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Delta SC
As a silver I have never been able to get it to print, not sure if my ad blocking software has anything to do with it or if they just don't give them to silvers. Any silvers have luck getting them from the SC? What do you ask? "I wasn't able to get it to print, can you give me a HOOU?"

Thanks for the input!
Old Feb 6, 12, 6:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
I don't think it has anything to do with ad blockers. I've ALWAYS gotten them in the past so whatever the issue is, it's new. Next time you're in a SC, ask around and see if you're hearing they've got them. My curiosity over them disappearing has to do as much with the SCs and Red Coats saying they don't have any than the HOOUs not printing out on my BPs!
Old Feb 6, 12, 6:52 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jsmith50 View Post
Next time you're in a SC, ask around and see if you're hearing they've got them. My curiosity over them disappearing has to do as much with the SCs and Red Coats saying they don't have any than the HOOUs not printing out on my BPs!
Exactly what I did. Tried SC's at DTW, MCO, LAX, all said they didn't have them. SLC had some. Maybe they are coming in slowly but again, if they are not printing with the BP's, not in lounges, and we don't have the new kits yet, where else would you get them?
Old Feb 6, 12, 6:53 pm

I don't think you get HOOU coupons as FO (silver)... At least I never did, even when the IT glitch with me being in the exit row printed sky priority on my BP. But since I reached gold, I am 100%
Old Feb 6, 12, 7:09 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
I don't think it has anything to do with ad blockers. I've ALWAYS gotten them in the past so whatever the issue is, it's new. Next time you're in a SC, ask around and see if you're hearing they've got them. My curiosity over them disappearing has to do as much with the SCs and Red Coats saying they don't have any than the HOOUs not printing out on my BPs!
It has a lot to do with ad blockers. On my primary computer I never get a HOOU, as most ads are blocked. I print boarding passes from a VM, which has no ad blocking software or hotels, where they always print as well.
Old Feb 6, 12, 7:16 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by yngdiego View Post
It has a lot to do with ad blockers. On my primary computer I never get a HOOU, as most ads are blocked. I print boarding passes from a VM, which has no ad blocking software or hotels, where they always print as well.
I'm saying, in my case, I don't think it has anything to do with ad blockers. I'm using the exact same set up I was in December. In December, I got a HOOU coupon on every BP if I wasn't upgraded. Since January 1, I've gotten zero! And again, if they hadn't seemingly disappeared from the SCs and Red Coats too, you'd have me convinced that something on my computer had changed.
Old Feb 6, 12, 7:30 pm

I'm saying, in my case, I don't think it has anything to do with ad blockers. I'm using the exact same set up I was in December. In December, I got a HOOU coupon on every BP if I wasn't upgraded. Since January 1, I've gotten zero! And again, if they hadn't seemingly disappeared from the SCs and Red Coats too, you'd have me convinced that something on my computer had changed.
Jsmith, just out of curiosity, could you try checking in on a different computer the next time you don't get a HOOU?

I'm scared to believe you, and (no offense) I genuinely hope that you're wrong, but I haven't seen seen this on my boarding passes yet, and I hope I never do!

If coach isn't bad enough, sober coach must be pure hell. Maybe this is a ploy to drive up SC membership (or more likely AmEx enrollment)?
Old Feb 6, 12, 7:34 pm
dll

Programs: AA EX PLT; Hilton Diamond; UA Plat
I have never successfully gotten the HOOU coupons as a Plat (soon to be Gold), but have had plenty of opportunity as my upgrade percentage has creeped downward along many others.
Old Feb 6, 12, 7:41 pm

Programs: DL, US
Checked in online yesterday for flight and I received one.
Old Feb 6, 12, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Originally Posted by azeckel View Post
Ditto. I've never NOT seen one print. Even if I'm already upgraded on one segment and not the other it still prints. Fairly large sample size, too - I fly nearly every week.
You're lucky. In my experience, they only print if I miss the UG on all of my segments. If I miss the first flight and get the second, no coupon. Most of the time I win the gate lottery so it doesn't matter, but occasionally I lose, and it's frustrating to not have the coupon.
Old Feb 6, 12, 8:24 pm

Jsmith, just out of curiosity, could you try checking in on a different computer the next time you don't get a HOOU?
For my flight last Wednesday, I tried printing the BP on 3 different computers, work, desktop at home, laptop at home. All 3 I've used in the past with no problems. None of them printed the HOOU. I got weather, I got local attractions/shopping, I got the ubiquitous add for the SC, I got the Sky Priority bar thing across it, no HOOU. That's what sent me on my SC mission to see what they knew/had heard about our favorite coupons!
Old Feb 6, 12, 9:08 pm

For my flight last Wednesday, I tried printing the BP on 3 different computers, work, desktop at home, laptop at home. All 3 I've used in the past with no problems. None of them printed the HOOU. I got weather, I got local attractions/shopping, I got the ubiquitous add for the SC, I got the Sky Priority bar thing across it, no HOOU. That's what sent me on my SC mission to see what they knew/had heard about our favorite coupons!
That is very discouraging--hope it is an IT glitch and not an intentional move away from giving these perks to their loyal flyers!
Old Feb 6, 12, 9:20 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
That is very discouraging--hope it is an IT glitch and not an intentional move away from giving these perks to their loyal flyers!
I got my very first HOOU coupon - ever - yesterday for a flight today. FWIW

Search this Thread