OK, where is "Have One On Us"?

Old Jan 5, 12, 8:54 pm

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
hm.. i was on a crj 900 on monday and got the coupon. the key is to have ......., etc disabled for delta and partner sites (like sojern)
Old Jan 5, 12, 8:58 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
They did print out for me on two December CRJ flights. You have to search for them; they're camouflaged among all the ads surrounding the BP.

Last edited by CarmenOM; Jan 6, 12 at 8:03 am
Old Jan 6, 12, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
If you have a domestic segment in Y and then international flight, DL.com doesn't seem to print the HOOU coupon. Anyone know how to get the system to print this out.

Just used a 2012 drink cpn as it has "snack" on it.
Old Jan 6, 12, 4:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I am facing a TLV-JFK-ATL r/t in Biz Elite and will have, at most, one drink in each of the trans-Atlantic segments.

Does this mean that I will get kicked off of FlyerTalk?
Old Jan 6, 12, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, BA Silver
Originally Posted by mnredfox View Post
If you have a domestic segment in Y and then international flight, DL.com doesn't seem to print the HOOU coupon. Anyone know how to get the system to print this out.

Just used a 2012 drink cpn as it has "snack" on it.
Neither my sister (GM) or I have had this issue - her's printed out for her SAN-DTW-LHR flight on Christmas.

Today, I had one show up for my LHR-BOS flight tomorrow, although it did offer me a $25 SkyClub day pass. It did not show up on the screen, but was printed on the BP when I picked it up off the printer.
Old Jan 6, 12, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rwoman View Post
Neither my sister (GM) or I have had this issue - her's printed out for her SAN-DTW-LHR flight on Christmas.

Today, I had one show up for my LHR-BOS flight tomorrow, although it did offer me a $25 SkyClub day pass. It did not show up on the screen, but was printed on the BP when I picked it up off the printer.
Hmmm, must have been glitch on my end.
Old Jan 6, 12, 5:35 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition.
I have a flight this evening that I haven't been upgraded on yet. I checked in on my PC instead of my smartphone to see if I would get the HOOU cert. It took a bit of looking, but sure enough, there it was, buried in the "destination details" page. The cert is smaller than I remember, but it has been a while since I got one.
Old Jan 6, 12, 7:13 am

Programs: Delta DM-2MM,VAus VIP,, MR/Bonvoy LT Platinum, AA Ex Plat,LH FT, HH,hyatt, Accor Gold
I have not had one in a year +. Probably fire wall or printer set up.
I found most agents at check in help out upon request.
Old Jan 6, 12, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
My last flight was in the end of November and they printed then.
Old Jan 6, 12, 8:29 am

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Shouldn't there be a way to include those coupons when checking in with the Delta App or getting your BP sent by text/email? I have not printed a BP this year and as a consequence, did not get any "have one on us" when missing an upgrade :-(
Old Jan 6, 12, 9:07 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by vgb2001 View Post
Shouldn't there be a way to include those coupons when checking in with the Delta App or getting your BP sent by text/email? I have not printed a BP this year and as a consequence, did not get any "have one on us" when missing an upgrade :-(
The answer in the past has been "no" - no way to get them unless you print paper.
Old Jan 6, 12, 9:10 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
I got one on my BP for Tuesday.
Old Jan 6, 12, 9:35 am

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer View Post
I got one on my BP for Tuesday.
Interesting - I always got them for my 2011 flights. Had a flight on 1/1/12, didn't print a HOOU. My return leg on 1/5/12 didn't print one either. I thought they had discontinued it for 2012. However I ended up getting a BF UG, so maybe the computer knows when you have a very good shot for the BF?
Old Jan 6, 12, 10:19 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
My BP printed with HOOU yesterday, but I wasn't on an RJ... Do trips on all regional carriers not get a drink coupon?

Originally Posted by vgb2001 View Post
I concur! My workaround is to check in on the DL app and then check in again online. But I learned the hard way that if you check in online before checking in on the app then the app will tell you to print your BP at the kiosk rather than loading the electronic one.

I wonder if their handheld scanners would be able to read the barcode displayed on a phone... If so, that would be a convenient feature for DL to add!

Last edited by dcline414; Jan 6, 12 at 10:58 am
Old Jan 6, 12, 10:46 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by dcline414 View Post
I concur! My workaround is to check in on the DL app and then check in again online. But I learned the hard way that if you don't check in online before checking in on the app then the app will tell you to print your BP at the kiosk rather than loading the electronic one.
Is anyone else as confused as I am about this post?

First you say you must check in on the app first, then again online.

Then you contradict that statement by saying if you don't check in online first the app will say to print the BP at the kiosk.

Search this Thread