OK, where is "Have One On Us"?

Old Oct 16, 11, 6:40 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs View Post
As far as I've seen, officially you can only get the HOOU coupon if A) you haven't been upgraded and B) you check in online. The coupons aren't supposed to be handed out at the gate. That said, I've heard of people being able to get them in the SCs. I don't know if they've gotten the type of coupon that you get on the online BP (one that's valid for a drink or snack) or the one you get in your Medallion package (that are good for a drink or headset).

As I recall, I am three for three when I've been on one-class RJs. That said, some months ago there was a post by Jacob (if I recall his name correctly) in this thread stating that due to technical issues, if you were on a multi-segment itinerary, and you were upgraded on one of the later flights, you wouldn't get the coupon. I don't know if that's a factor in your case, and I don't know if they've fixed the issue.
Originally Posted by mnredfox View Post
Last two trips, limitations to dl.com won't allow me to do OLCI, so no HOOU. Wish SC or TA's would have these at the priority desks...
I have, in the past, found HOOU available at the SC, from Red Coats and, on a rare instance, from the GAs. YMMV.
Old Oct 16, 11, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by Italy98 View Post
I have, in the past, found HOOU available at the SC, from Red Coats and, on a rare instance, from the GAs. YMMV.
Are they the coupons valid for a snack or drink, or drink only?
Old Oct 16, 11, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs View Post
Are they the coupons valid for a snack or drink, or drink only?
The ones I have say they are good for a drink, headphones or non-pershable snack(like the snackboxes or pringles). I had ones before in my medallion pack that didn't mention snacks but when I made PM this year the ones in my PM pack also specified a non-perishable food item. I like being able to use them on food also. If I am on a morning flight and don't want to drink, I just get the snack box and eat it later. Same on a redeye, I will just ask for the pringles or a snack box and put it in my backpack and eat it later at home.
Old Oct 17, 11, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by jamesteroh View Post
If I am on a morning flight and don't want to drink, I just get the snack box and eat it later. Same on a redeye, I will just ask for the pringles or a snack box and put it in my backpack and eat it later at home.
You really need to have a more balanced diet when you are at home.
Old Oct 25, 11, 1:53 pm

Programs: DM, KM,
OLCI for ATL-LAX-HNL-ITO tomorrow. No HOOU coupon. I know I will not get ug'd ATL-LAX and the LAX-HNL leg is not upgradeable. Tried to get the coupon to print from Mozilla and IE after several tries. It doesn't even show. I know I can probably get from SC or Redcoat tomorrow, but thought I would give it a try at home. This is the first time I've had trouble with the HOOU. In Mozilla, I couldn't find the little red stopsign for ".......". Any ideas?

Also, this time for OLCI, I didn't get a prompt to have the BP sent to my iPhone.

Thanks for any help.
Old Dec 2, 11, 4:44 pm

Programs: Many
My 1st HOOU experience...
Never received one until last week even though I have flown several times this (and last) year without being upgraded. However, the initial delight in receiving the HOOU coupon was short lived. I was unable to use it on my flight from LAX - LAS because as the FA stated, there is no service on this flight.

Delta you are such a tease!
Old Dec 4, 11, 11:24 am

Programs: DL DM (PMNW), occasional AMTK, National Exec Elite and IHG Spire
Arrgh... just turned GM, and OLCI told me I'd get a HOOU coupon upon printing the BP. No HOOU, and I tried setting all my IE settings to low privacy, security, etc to no avail.

I'm using IE 7.0 if that makes any difference. Please, DL, fix this bug or make it easier to print the HOOU coupons, regardless of browser settings. It's WAY too frustrating to get teased on the webpage, only to not receive the coupons when printing.

Now I'm left wondering if I can see someone at the ticket counter or gate, and plead my case for an HOOU or two.
Old Dec 4, 11, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by dmitzel View Post
Arrgh... just turned GM, and OLCI told me I'd get a HOOU coupon upon printing the BP. No HOOU, and I tried setting all my IE settings to low privacy, security, etc to no avail.

I'm using IE 7.0 if that makes any difference. Please, DL, fix this bug or make it easier to print the HOOU coupons, regardless of browser settings. It's WAY too frustrating to get teased on the webpage, only to not receive the coupons when printing.

Now I'm left wondering if I can see someone at the ticket counter or gate, and plead my case for an HOOU or two.
I have found google chrome at home is the best browser to use for getting the HOOU to print.

I printed mine out at the hotel last night (hopefully my upgrade will clear for some reason delta is holding 11 first class seats of 16 for an an hour flight open) and the BP printed but where the HOOU should be it says 504 gateway time out but the rest of the BP is there. Weird thing is I printed a BP at this same hotel in October with no problem. Hopefully one of the ccomputers at the SC is free (they probably wont do a bneverage service anyway in Y buut it is also nice to bring a smile to someone elses face I give it to who is connecting at DTW)
Old Dec 4, 11, 1:05 pm

Programs: Delta PM+1MM; Marriott PP; Hertz PC
I've been traveling on a CRJ-200 twice a week for months, and I've received the coupon every time I checked in online. This week, no coupon. I tried two computers and three browsers, but no go. In the past, I've seen the ad for the HOOU, that hinted it would print, but that's also gone today.
Old Dec 4, 11, 7:20 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I just checked in for my flight Monday and received the HOOU coupon built into my boarding pass. I am flying a regional jet DTW to BUF.
Old Dec 4, 11, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL EOS...
Until last week I always got them when no upgrade happens before check in.

Last week, nothing. Same computer/browser that's worked for years. The only thing that I can think of is that I also changed my exit row to bulkhead EC before printing so maybe EC drops you off HOOU? Wouldn't that be special?
Old Dec 9, 11, 8:20 am

I tried both IE and Chrome with no luck today.
Old Dec 10, 11, 10:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium Elite, HH Diamond
I received one for my one non upgraded leg this morning; however, I ended up being upgraded. First I'd seen in a while.
Old Jan 5, 12, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA EP, HH LT Diamond
Have One On Us still around?

Hello all, I just recently switched to regionals. Are the Have one on us coupons still printing out on the boarding passes, or did this benefit go away?
Thanks!
Old Jan 5, 12, 8:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
I was on 2 CRJ-200s this week already and they did not print out for me.

Search this Thread