Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OK, where is "Have One On Us"?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2011, 10:30 pm

Programs: Delta PM Hilton Diamond Bonvoy Ti/LTP Hertz PC
I am new to DL so I'm not sure if this is typical... Twice I've asked sky club agents how I look on the upgrade list, and when they've given me the bad news, they've handed me a stack (seriously, like 5 or 6) HOOU cards unasked-for. Really nice, hope it keeps happening. This is in ATL
Old Oct 12, 2011, 10:34 pm

Do Silver Medallions ever get these or are they meant for the upper tiers of Skymiles members, namely PM and DM?
Old Oct 13, 2011, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by nukchebi0
Do Silver Medallions ever get these or are they meant for the upper tiers of Skymiles members, namely PM and DM?
The HOOU coupons only come if you're GM+ (and maybe STE+ and AS MVPG?).
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:16 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
I have wondered this myself and assumed they only printed for GM/PM/DMs. However, my college-aged son who flies very infrequently and has gifted FO status has been having them periodically print, which a) should not be happening according to this post b) he is too young to legally use those coupons, but c) means that I get his coupons for those flights when not upgraded!
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:34 pm

Programs: All of the Above
I've been a GM all year and I've never gotten them to print. I'm hoping as a PM now my luck will change. I'm just supposed to checkin online and print my boarding pass correct?
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:54 pm
mpp

Originally Posted by DavidAL
I've been a GM all year and I've never gotten them to print. I'm hoping as a PM now my luck will change. I'm just supposed to checkin online and print my boarding pass correct?
Make sure your browser ad-blocker is not on. If the ad-blocker is on it won't print. On Firefox or Chrome it's that little stopsign in the upper right. I don't know where in Safari or Internet Explorer it is but I'm sure you can find it.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 1:02 pm

Programs: All of the Above
Originally Posted by mpp
Make sure your browser ad-blocker is not on. If the ad-blocker is on it won't print. On Firefox or Chrome it's that little stopsign in the upper right. I don't know where in Safari or Internet Explorer it is but I'm sure you can find it.
Ka Ching! I'm sure that's the reason. I'll need to remember to disable it on DL.dumb.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by jsmith50
b) he is too young to legally use those coupons
Since when has it been illegal for college-age students to eat M&Ms?

Last edited by cmn.jcs; Oct 13, 2011 at 3:24 pm
Old Oct 13, 2011, 6:18 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
I've been told, within the last month, in various SC that the HOOU are only provided when one is on the UG list and is not UGd. When I inquired how could someone at the gate and on the UG list get the HOOU when they don't get the UG I have only received a blank stares. At least the SC agents are working off the same sheet of music, however, no one has figured out how to provide the HOOU.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 6:35 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
I thought if you were on a one-class (read - CRJ50) you would still get the HOOU coupon?

Checked in today and no dice (or rather, no drinks).
Old Oct 13, 2011, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by Italy98
I've been told, within the last month, in various SC that the HOOU are only provided when one is on the UG list and is not UGd. When I inquired how could someone at the gate and on the UG list get the HOOU when they don't get the UG I have only received a blank stares. At least the SC agents are working off the same sheet of music, however, no one has figured out how to provide the HOOU.
As far as I've seen, officially you can only get the HOOU coupon if A) you haven't been upgraded and B) you check in online. The coupons aren't supposed to be handed out at the gate. That said, I've heard of people being able to get them in the SCs. I don't know if they've gotten the type of coupon that you get on the online BP (one that's valid for a drink or snack) or the one you get in your Medallion package (that are good for a drink or headset).

Originally Posted by SamuelS
I thought if you were on a one-class (read - CRJ50) you would still get the HOOU coupon?

Checked in today and no dice (or rather, no drinks).
As I recall, I am three for three when I've been on one-class RJs. That said, some months ago there was a post by Jacob (if I recall his name correctly) in this thread stating that due to technical issues, if you were on a multi-segment itinerary, and you were upgraded on one of the later flights, you wouldn't get the coupon. I don't know if that's a factor in your case, and I don't know if they've fixed the issue.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 8:11 am

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Since when has it been illegal for college-age students to eat M&Ms?
Shhhhh...I don't want him to know that he can use them for other things than alcohol!
Old Oct 14, 2011, 8:56 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
It does appear you only get the coupons on the non-upgraded legs. When I checked in this morning (online) for my DCA-MEM-LAX flight I didn't get one on the first boarding pass (upgraded) but did on the second (not upgraded).

I have yet to use any of the HOOU coupons that came with my GM packet back in the spring because I've either been Upgraded or had them print out on my BP.

I've yet to have the missing HOOU coupon on a non-upgraded flight.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 5:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta DM & 1MM, Hertz and Avis President's Circle
I'm PM and I usually get these if I check in online and haven't already gotten upgraded since it's kind of useless in FC.

Be aware that if you're using Internet Explorer 9 and you have the tracking blocker feature on, you won't see the coupon when you print. Evidently it is generated with a script when the Print Boarding Pass button is clicked. The tracking blocker is stopping some cookie creation or other process that occurs and the coupon never gets generated.

Here's a suggestion for something nice to do:
if you have one of the HOOU coupons and get upgraded, see if you can pass it along to one of the service men or women who might be on the flight. Make sure you point out that it's good for snacks since they might think it's for alcoholic beverages and refuse it.

For that matter, anyone you think might could use it would be a good choice. Be nice and spread the feebies around. I've often passed it along to a friend or co-worker who's on the same flight with me and didn't get a seat up front.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Last two trips, limitations to dl.com won't allow me to do OLCI, so no HOOU. Wish SC or TA's would have these at the priority desks...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.