Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OK, where is "Have One On Us"?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2011, 9:07 am

Programs: DL DM/MM; UA Premier 1K; AA EXP; ICH Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by zsmith2
I'm curious does any OAL have a program like this??
You mean a program in which the OAL promises something publicly, then can't deliver on it, then pretends all the customers misunderstood what they said in the first place?
Old Apr 4, 2011, 9:16 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by mike_plat
You mean a program in which the OAL promises something publicly, then can't deliver on it, then pretends all the customers misunderstood what they said in the first place?

Originally Posted by zsmith2
I'm curious does any OAL have a program like this??
AA provides snaacks and drinks to Exec Plat and possibly Plat customers in coach. No coupons though, the FA has the list and seeks out the customers.

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Is it rude to point out that Jacob's statements here do not reconcile, and that Jacob continues to ignore, that discrepancy? If so, so be it.
Yes, it is pretty rude to browbeat somebody who is trying to help. If you don't think it's rude, that wonderful line from "Terms of Endearment" would apply.

I don't agree that you are entitled to demand answers from every Delta employee on this board that you buttonhole.

You have no knowledge as to whether said employees are allowed to respond to your questions and demands.

It is long past time for you to express your displeasures to Delta by pen and paper. All you will need to do is copy and paste from your FT posts into Word. Print and mail to Mssrs. Anderson, Bastian, and Robertson. I will even send you stamps. :-:

Perhaps Mr. Roberson will accept option 4.

David

Last edited by DiverDave; Apr 4, 2011 at 9:26 am
Old Apr 4, 2011, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by DiverDave

I'm curious.

What do you find factually incorrect about what mike_plat posted.

1) Something was promised. You might quibble that the word "promise" was not explicitly used. But when the representative of a company states in a public forum "we will do this," is the word "promise" really needed to make the business honor bound to deliver?

2) The stated service has not been delivered, reliably and consistently.

3) Jacob is now implying that SMI's original statement is consistent with an intent that the coupons would only be issued on a "surprise and delight" basis. If we cannot read this in SMI's otherwise clear communication, then there must obviously be a comprehension problem on out part.

BTW... if I ever see one on these coupons (I'm batting 000), rather than "surprise and delight", my response would be "shock and awe."

Perhaps DL management, in anticipation of the increased number of elites in coach due to FCM, has decided that their original intent (as expressed by SMI) would just be too costly.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium

It is long past time for you to express your displeasures to Delta by pen and paper. All you will need to do is copy and paste from your FT posts into Word. Print and mail to Mssrs. Anderson, Bastian, and Robertson. I will even send you stamps. :-:

Perhaps Mr. Roberson will accept option 4.

David
ROFL
Old Apr 4, 2011, 12:14 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
I was waiting for somebody to "get" that one.

I'm curious.

What do you find factually incorrect about what mike_plat posted.
"Factually incorrect"? Nothing.

What I did find was an inappropriate, sarcastic, and possibly rude response to a simple question from a respected contributor to this forum.

David
Old Apr 4, 2011, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"Factually incorrect"? Nothing.

What I did find was an inappropriate, sarcastic, and possibly rude response to a simple question from a respected contributor to this forum.

David
I thought it was rather humorous... in addition to being accurate.

So, to be clear, you are not disputing any of the facts here, but would just rather see them communicated in an Emily Post fashion?
Old Apr 4, 2011, 2:49 pm

So, to be clear, you are not disputing any of the facts here, but would just rather see them communicated in an Emily Post fashion?
1) I said there was nothing "factually incorrect" in mike_plat's post. Period. Beyond that, I have made no comments on any facts in this thread.

2) If the choice is solely between Emily Post and being rude and confrontational, then I would choose Emily Post. What's wrong with being civil?

I commend zsmith2 and Jacob Morris for their efforts to help folks here.

For you, I again suggest that if you truly desire answers to your many questions about SkyMiles, put them into writing and send them to Virginia Avenue. With copy and paste, should take maybe 10 minutes tops. Or just print the threads in their entirety. Who knows, you might actually get a response.

David
Old Apr 4, 2011, 3:16 pm

Follow-up

StayingHomeIsBetter & mike_plat,

I'm really sorry for the frustration this has created. When was the last time you checked-in online for a Delta flight? Are you not receiving any coupons?

We've made two bug fixes within the last month, one just a few days ago. Since then, I haven't seen any new responses that indicate folks are not getting coupons.

If you would forward me your itineraries through the contact us form at delta.com, I'd be more than happy to review personally; just put at the top of your message, "Please forward to Delta Employee: Jacob Morris," and our customer care will see that your inquiry is forwarded to me.

Best regards,
Jacob Morris
Senior Product Manager
Customer Experience
Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 3:52 pm

Programs: DL DM & 2MM'r,
Jacob - I'm a DM and a MM and while I had not received a HOOU coupon in ages, I did get one today when I checked in for my flights tomorrow.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jacob Morris

I'm really sorry for the frustration this has created. When was the last time you checked-in online for a Delta flight? Are you not receiving any coupons?

We've made two bug fixes within the last month, one just a few days ago. Since then, I haven't seen any new responses that indicate folks are not getting coupons.

If you would forward me your itineraries through the contact us form at delta.com, I'd be more than happy to review personally; just put at the top of your message, "Please forward to Delta Employee: Jacob Morris," and our customer care will see that your inquiry is forwarded to me.

Best regards,
Jacob Morris
Senior Product Manager
Customer Experience
Delta Air Lines, Inc.
My last flight for which I did not get the upgrade, and for which the OLCI did not provide the coupon, was on March 18.

I am confident that first class monetization will provide me one or more opportunities next week to test whether your bug fixes have solved the problem.

But, in all seriousness, if I fail to get a coupon for a particular flight there is no way for me to know whether this is due to (1) unresolved IT issues or (2) that flight was not meant to be on of my surprise and delight moments.

I truly am not trying to be a smart-aleck here but, unless I know how the system is intended to function when it is functioning correctly, I cannot determine when it is not functioning correctly. Enough ambiguity remains in the description of DL's policy for the HOOU program to prompt this uncertainty.

I offer this constructively: transparency and consistency should be the hallmark of DL's dealings with the FF community. Were that to be the case, a large fraction of the sturm und drang on FT would fade away.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by Jacob Morris

Best regards,
Jacob Morris
Senior Product Manager
Customer Experience
Delta Air Lines, Inc.

Jacob,
I has been over a month since I flew Delta (I always do OLCI). I am a MM, so I assume this is the reason the coupons have never printed out.
Thank you,
mike_plat
Old Apr 5, 2011, 10:34 am

Programs: SkyMiles PM
almost all the way

I commend zsmith2 and Jacob Morris for their efforts to help folks here.
I commend StayingHomeIsBetter for his accuracy and persistence. Mr. Morris's efforts are perhaps commendable, but they fall short in exactly the way that StayingHomeIsBetter has pointed out: They do not address the discrepancy among the original program as laid out by SMI, the actual implementation of the program, and and posts by Mr. Morris himself. These discrepancies could be cleared up with one stroke of the pen by Delta. Yet Delta continues to refuse to do this.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 8:32 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Most of my flights are international so I was a bit surprised today to get a HOOU coupon since ATL-CHA is so short and is an RJ2. What good is this coupon on that run since my only interest would be some kind of snack?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Contradancer
I commend StayingHomeIsBetter for his accuracy and persistence. Mr. Morris's efforts are perhaps commendable, but they fall short in exactly the way that StayingHomeIsBetter has pointed out: They do not address the discrepancy among the original program as laid out by SMI, the actual implementation of the program, and and posts by Mr. Morris himself. These discrepancies could be cleared up with one stroke of the pen by Delta. Yet Delta continues to refuse to do this.
There are actually 2 issues as I see it. First, there was actually a technical problem that prevented MM's from receiving any coupons at all. The latter issue needed attention. The greater issue seems to be the changing to the "surprise and delight" mantra after the program was announced. This could have been solved with the stroke of the pen as you said.

I do appreciate Jacob's help, but why it had to get to this point is beyond me. If DL really monitors this board as they say they do, the problems with this program should have been fixed a long time ago.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are actually 2 issues as I see it. First, there was actually a technical problem that prevented MM's from receiving any coupons at all. The latter issue needed attention. The greater issue seems to be the changing to the "surprise and delight" mantra after the program was announced. This could have been solved with the stroke of the pen as you said.

I do appreciate Jacob's help, but why it had to get to this point is beyond me. If DL really monitors this board as they say they do, the problems with this program should have been fixed a long time ago.
DL was slow to respond. IIRC, it was about 8 month's after SMI admitted there was a problem before Jacob first appeared here.

I, too, found the "surprise and delight" explanation troubling.

It's conceivable that SMI may have been out of line with his original description and subsequent reaffirmations of the program details. Were that the case, a straightforward "Sorry, we goofed" explanation would have been in line and likely would have tempered some of the criticism.

Instead, the response we were given inferred that we were incapable of understanding a simple declarative statement.

And, to this day, we still do not know whether "surprise and delight" is still the operative concept underlying the program.

If an elite is not upgraded, or is on a single class RJ, should he/she expect to receive the coupon, or not?

By failing to answer this simple question, Jacob appears to want to continue the ambiguity.

I have trouble understanding why.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.