Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OK, where is "Have One On Us"?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2011, 9:53 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hertz Plat
Originally Posted by Vuelos
1 - Sounds like a printer issue. I print to PDF first then print the PDF.
2 - That's interesting. Wonder if Chrome is blocking the ad (since that's what the HOOU is).
Not a printer issue. The text below the bar code: "Gate assignments/depature times are subject to change ..." is printed fine. Just the number below the bar code are cut off. As if the figure did not fit in the table frame provided. Also, the "tear here" dotted line above the LHS bar code does not line up with the dotted line on the RHS HOOU picture.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 8:53 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jsgoldbe
Not a printer issue. The text below the bar code: "Gate assignments/depature times are subject to change ..." is printed fine. Just the number below the bar code are cut off. As if the figure did not fit in the table frame provided. Also, the "tear here" dotted line above the LHS bar code does not line up with the dotted line on the RHS HOOU picture.
Same happens for me.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 10:01 am

Programs: Any status I once had is gone!
Originally Posted by Vuelos
1 - Sounds like a printer issue. I print to PDF first then print the PDF.
2 - That's interesting. Wonder if Chrome is blocking the ad (since that's what the HOOU is).
You might want to do a print preview, check that the page is set to print at 100%. If you or someone else had zoomed in or out, the page may not print as expected.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 10:05 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
It's not actually cut off by the printer, it's cut off by the ad vendor, within the ad vendor's space. There is Delta small print below it.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 1:04 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
I have not seen a HOOU Coupon in quite some time now... Even on BF non upgraded flights. My luck ran out...
Old Mar 20, 2011, 1:56 pm

Programs: Delta DM, EMIRATES GOLD
Thumbs up I get a coupon everytime!

10 flights this year, and I get a coupon every time. Even though it has an expiration date, FA's have been very kind to take em although expired at times.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 1:50 pm

Programs: SkyMiles PM
and again no coupon

• Very simple round trip two segment PNR ATL-SEA-ATL.
  • Outbound already flown. I was upgraded from H to V for the outbound prior to check in. Checked in for outbound at the airport. Obviously no coupon expected here. Just providing information in case it is helpful in debugging.
  • Return is booked in H. No upgrade yet.
  • I just now did OLCI for the return and no coupon.
  • Diamond Medallion.

Any reason to think Jacob Morris is for real? Correct me if I'm wrong but anyone can create any user id and write anything. I'm not saying it should be otherwise, just that this should be kept in mind when reading FlyerTalk.

And given that there is evidence contradicting claims by the poster known as Jacob Morris I am thinking that a reasonable conclusion is that the poster known as Jacob Morris is not really a Delta representative.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by Contradancer

Any reason to think Jacob Morris is for real? Correct me if I'm wrong but anyone can create any user id and write anything. I'm not saying it should be otherwise, just that this should be kept in mind when reading FlyerTalk.

And given that there is evidence contradicting claims by the poster known as Jacob Morris I am thinking that a reasonable conclusion is that the poster known as Jacob Morris is not really a Delta representative.
I can confirm that he exists; is a real DL employee. I even had the chance to meet him 2 weeks ago at DL HQ when visiting someone who sits next to him.

Nice guy.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 10:51 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
I can confirm that he exists; is a real DL employee. I even had the chance to meet him 2 weeks ago at DL HQ when visiting someone who sits next to him.

Nice guy.
Nah, pretty sure he's some troll who's decided to fake being a Delta Employee to lead FlyingTalkers on.

Not sure but per LinkedIn he's a real person....
Old Apr 1, 2011, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Just printed my BP for LHR-BOS tomorrow. It included the have one on us coupon. It's printed with no problem the past several trips.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 9:21 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Platinum
I really wish the Android app would show the coupon. I usually don't have easy access to a printer when I use OLCI, so I use the e-boarding pass.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 9:45 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Sky Club
I didn't get one flying out of LAS last week (self check-in kiosk).

I was flying with a buddy 2 weeks ago out of ATL who was gifted gold by his diamond wife. He didn't get one either. When I told him to inquire with the Skyclub personnel (~B26), they told him they had "no idea" what a have-one-on-us certificate even was.

Better training and better systems still needed.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles

Nice guy.
Hopefully nice enough to persist and finally solve the problems which, based upon other posts here, have not been solved.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Hopefully nice enough to persist and finally solve the problems which, based upon other posts here, have not been solved.
Nice enough to say no worries at all when I apologized for being a FlyerTalker and said I did not want to be associated with the rude remarks you have made in this thread.

I don't remember exactly what he said in my quick hello, but I got the impression they totally get that "surprise & delight" every so often does not work for this crowd (FlyerTalkers) who prefer consistency.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Nice enough to say no worries at all when I apologized for being a FlyerTalker and said I did not want to be associated with the rude remarks you have made in this thread.

I don't remember exactly what he said in my quick hello, but I got the impression they totally get that "surprise & delight" every so often does not work for this crowd (FlyerTalkers) who prefer consistency.
The reason that the "surprise & delight" explanation does not work here is that it is totally inconsistent with the program that SkyMilesInsider described, affirmed, and reaffirmed here originally.

Is it rude to point out that Jacob's statements here do not reconcile, and that Jacob continues to ignore, that discrepancy? If so, so be it.

Is it rude to point out that Delta representatives have demonstrated a pattern of showing up here making assertions, promises, or intimations that don't pan out, and then duck and seek cover (i.e., never come back to explain themselves)? If so, so be it.

I do feel that DL management participation is important on FT.

But not so important that I believe that such participation should be viewed to be sacrosanct and immune from critique and, where necessary, criticism.

I'll apologize for myself, when I feel it is warranted.

Apologizing for someone else is presumptuous.

In the mean time, Jacob has left us with a situation where we have no way of knowing how the system is intended to work. So, when we do OLCI and don't receive the coupon, we have no way of knowing whether that is due to a system malfunction, or due to the system intent.

If DL management feels that this is conducive to good customer relations, so be it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.