FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   upgrade record question (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1161313-upgrade-record-question.html)

pathfinder44 Dec 17, 2010 5:44 pm

upgrade record question

My husband and I, both GM are 2 and 3 on the upgrade list tomorrow for Denver 1411. It shows 2 seats available. WE are not sitting together and would be ok with only 1 upgrade. We are on the same record. Is there a way to let Delta know we don't want to be upgraded together or a way to split our reservation? Thanks

Centurion Dec 17, 2010 5:47 pm

You want to split the reservation.. BUT ONLY ONE WILL GET UPGRADED. AND IF THIS IS OUTBOUND ONLY ONE WILL GET UPGRADE ON RETURN. In the old days you would still split wait for upgrade and call for your companion. Due to abuse this pretty much done away with.

pathfinder44 Dec 17, 2010 5:58 pm

Thanks for the info. How do you split a reservation, have never done that before?

GYEWorldTraveler Dec 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by pathfinder44 (Post 15471556)
Thanks for the info. How do you split a reservation, have never done that before?

Call into Delta and ask for them to split the PNR. Easy for them to do, all you have to do is call.

publicmsu Dec 17, 2010 6:25 pm

This wasn't my experience when traveling earlier this year with my fiancee. We're both Silver and were boooked under the same PNR. When it came time to being upgraded, we were upgraded as we appeared on the upgrade list. I managed to get the upgrade, but hers did not process. You shouldn't have to worry about splitting anything, it will all depend on where you fall on the list, not the fact that you're on the same PNR. You're against one another, and the ticket that was purchased first in the system will be higher.

acf1270 Dec 17, 2010 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by pathfinder44 (Post 15471509)
My husband and I, both GM are 2 and 3 on the upgrade list tomorrow for Denver 1411. It shows 2 seats available. WE are not sitting together and would be ok with only 1 upgrade. We are on the same record. Is there a way to let Delta know we don't want to be upgraded together or a way to split our reservation? Thanks

There is really no need to split the PNR in this case, if you are still 2 and 3 on the list for 2 seats at boarding then one of you will still get the upgrade. You will not both get skipped over automatically just because there is only one F seat left. If you are really worried about that happening just let the GA know that you don't mind if only one of you gets upgraded.

Originally Posted by Centurion (Post 15471518)
You want to split the reservation.. BUT ONLY ONE WILL GET UPGRADED. AND IF THIS IS OUTBOUND ONLY ONE WILL GET UPGRADE ON RETURN. In the old days you would still split wait for upgrade and call for your companion. Due to abuse this pretty much done away with.

I am not sure what you mean here. They are both GM, so if they split they are still both eligible for an upgrade individually. There is no companion upgrade in this case. The only time you might want to split the PNR is if the 2nd passenger either has a lower status level than the 1st passenger or has no status at all.

pathfinder44 Dec 17, 2010 6:53 pm

Does anyone know the Delta policy? We have been told in the past when we got to the gate that we didn't get upgraded because there was only 1 seat. We had been sitting in the sky club till boarding. So I was wondering if it was worth going to the gate and telling them we don't care if only one of us is upgraded

GBadger Dec 18, 2010 2:22 am

IME if there is only one seat available, the GA asks whether we're ok with splitting up, or whether we'd like to stay together. I'm sure that it doesn't always happen, but that's how it's always gone for me.