Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL website problems with my itineraries

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL website problems with my itineraries

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2010, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, VS Silver, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Website problems

Has anyone else been having problems with the website since yesterday? I can't get anything done, including changing seats. I keep getting this:

"Return shortly to Itineraries & Check-in and try your request again.

If the problem continues, Message # 999"

It all started last night when I decided to check on the status of my 5:50am PHL>DTW flight, only to find it was canceled (thanks for texting, calling, or emailing me to let me know, Delta ). Attempted to pick another flight online only to be offered one choice- PHL>ATL>MEM>DTW>LAN. I called the Diamond line, and they immediately put me on the 12:35 PHL>DTW flight.

I checked my seat assignments and was in F, but it said upgrade not available. I assumed it was a CRJ. After the checkin process crapped out, I went back in and it said I was in 10C and my upgrade was requested. Fine. Tried to change my seat again, no luck. I finally gave up and attempted to check in again. This time, I was told that I only had 1 eligible flight to check in for- DTW>LAN, even though Trips and Itineraries showed the PHL>DTW flight, and I was yet again upgraded to F.

I called the Diamond line again and was told that was all I needed to get through security and the gate agents could handle it. I stood my ground and explained that there was no way TSA would let me through in PHL if I showed them a boarding pass DTW>LAN.

I was assured that I am, in fact, confirmed on the 12:35 (I even printed out the page on the website that says I'm confirmed) so I can have some proof when I show up at PHL this afternoon. I'm expecting the worst, hoping for the best!

Anyone else experiencing IT problems? I'm sure they are getting hit with a ton of traffic due to the Midwest weather cancellations, but still....
Old Dec 13, 2010, 6:51 am

Programs: DL AA
Had all of these problems yesterday.

In addition, at one point, when my ATL-RDU connection was changed, the agents at the sky club couldnt print a boarding pass for me even though the system showed me as having a confirmed seat.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
spoke with web tech support about 5 mins ago...they hadn't seen it before and hadn't been made away of any issues but they were able to duplicate my issue (I would see a list of my PNR's but couldn't review the individual PNR's)...they didn't seem to be the friendliest folks out there (it was more a what do you want me to do about it, until I asked them to send me confirmations on the PNR's - then the tude changes and they became very pleasant)
Old Dec 13, 2010, 7:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
Have had all these problems over the weekend as well. In addition the kiosks have been useless as they can never seem to "find" my itinerary GAs even had a rough time even printing my BPs. I boarded one flight without a BP since the GA had given up trying.

I think Delta must have outsourced their IT to a kindergarten class somewhere.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
I have had the same problem viewing my itineraries.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 7:47 am

Programs: DL-Plat, Plat Ambassador, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Yep, lots of problems this weekend. I kept going back and going back and finally got what I needed done.

Delta and Amex both seem to have constant issues.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 8:05 am

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
I was getting the message #999 yesterday, too, when checking on my itineraries yesterday evening.

It seemed to be there for about an hour then cleared up on it's own...
Old Dec 13, 2010, 8:11 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Oeverall the website seems to eihter a) be not able to handle the load fromm everyone checking /changing flights B) the reservation system can not update fast enough to the website with all the people changeing flights.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by secretsea18
I was getting the message #999 yesterday, too, when checking on my itineraries yesterday evening.

It seemed to be there for about an hour then cleared up on it's own...
+1 same here.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 8:41 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
I've had other problems with the web site. I go in to change my seat, then when I save seats and continue, the old seats are still there. At times I've seen them change to other seats altogether with no input from me. I've asked the diamond line to change them for me and they haven't been able to make the changes stick either. Also, the "yes/no" questions when selecting emergency exit row seating are badly misaligned. I basically have to answer all the questions with the "wrong" answers to get the site to give me the exit row seating I selected.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 8:41 am

Programs: DL - Diamond Medallion - 2 Million Miler; Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson GOLD. ParknGo loves me
Yep. Me as well
Old Dec 13, 2010, 8:46 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
I had the same issues yesterday, today seems to be fine.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 8:47 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by Chris92Heel
Had all of these problems yesterday.
+1 and this morning as well.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 8:54 am

Programs: Delta DM!
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
+1 and this morning as well.
Yes, I've got the 999 of death this morning.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 9:36 am

Programs: DL, WN, US, FL
Originally Posted by travelingsalesgal
Yes, I've got the 999 of death this morning.
Same thing, although try again and it works, sometimes. It seems like their server is timing out or something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.