FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta N class ticket...anyway to upgrade (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1159961-delta-n-class-ticket-anyway-upgrade.html)

Ayaghoubi Dec 14, 2010 1:22 pm

Delta N class ticket...anyway to upgrade

I looked around the Forum to find info on N Class with Delta but could not get any.

I booked a N Class Ticket JFK - FRA. Am a gold medallion, any chance or way to get upgraded? Thanks.

avidflyer Dec 14, 2010 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by Ayaghoubi (Post 15449147)
I looked around the Forum to find info on N Class with Delta but could not get any.

I booked a N Class Ticket JFK - FRA. Am a gold medallion, any chance or way to get upgraded? Thanks.

Nevermind, just saw it is INT. No, there is no way. Must be Y, B, or M.

GYEWorldTraveler Dec 14, 2010 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by Ayaghoubi (Post 15449147)

You are on an international award ticket so there is no chance. If there are any domestic segments you would be eligible to be upgraded on those (as a GM or higher). N class is an award ticket and gets no mileage accrual either.

Ayaghoubi Dec 14, 2010 1:55 pm

under the delta website is says its a deeply discounted fair, not an award travel. I did not use miles for the flight.

avidflyer Dec 14, 2010 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler (Post 15449199)
You are on an international award ticket so there is no chance. If there are any domestic segments you would be eligible to be upgraded on those (as a GM or higher). N class is an award ticket and gets no mileage accrual either.

I made the same mistake at first. N is for domestic awards, this was an international revenue ticket.

avidflyer Dec 14, 2010 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Ayaghoubi (Post 15449404)
under the delta website is says its a deeply discounted fair, not an award travel. I did not use miles for the flight.

Agreed but you will have to pony up another $1000-$1500 to get into an M fare.

mersk862 Dec 14, 2010 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by avidflyer (Post 15449416)
I made the same mistake at first. N is for domestic awards, this was an international revenue ticket.

N is international coach as well...R is First, O is Business, N is Coach. No difference between domestic/intl.

GYEWorldTraveler Dec 14, 2010 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Ayaghoubi (Post 15449404)

My mistake, I usually see N as an domestic award ticket. Sorry. I can't even find an N fare published for JFK-FRA....where would you find it at? On EF, they don't publish N fares for the route, that makes me think it is an award ticket. Anyway, like avidflyer said you would need to buy up to an M fare. M fares to Europe are usually around $3000, so depending on what you paid for the ticket, it is usually a significant chunk of change..(M Fares are listed as $2555 from JFK-FRA plus taxes/surcharges)....PLUS you would need to use miles as well to upgrade from that M fare (or an SWU but as a GM you would need to get the SWU from someone else that was PM or DM).

GYEWorldTraveler Dec 14, 2010 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by mersk862 (Post 15449528)
N is international coach as well...R is First, O is Business, N is Coach. No difference between domestic/intl.

mersk862, is N an international coach award ticket? It is not listed as a published fare so I am a little confused.

MSPeconomist Dec 14, 2010 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler (Post 15449623)
mersk862, is N an international coach award ticket? It is not listed as a published fare so I am a little confused.

Could this be a codeshare with N being an AF or KL fare class?

To upgrade with someone else's SWUs, that person must be travelling with you, so this is unlikely to work here.

Ayaghoubi Dec 14, 2010 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 15449687)
Could this be a codeshare with N being an AF or KL fare class?

To upgrade with someone else's SWUs, that person must be travelling with you, so this is unlikely to work here.

I believe its is with Airfrance.

vgb2001 Dec 14, 2010 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Ayaghoubi (Post 15449746)
I believe its is with Airfrance.

N used to be deep discount coach on AF. Is the OP flying through CDG?