Wiki Posts
Search

New DM

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2010, 6:42 am
Original Poster

New DM

I just made DM and have the following questions:

1) I selected a choice benefit for PM a month back. How many choice benefits do I get for being DM and when do I get to pick. For PM, I received an e-mail from DL advising me to pick a choice benefit. I have not received the same for DM.
2) I know I get a SC membership for being a DM. When do I recieve the SC card? I have a trip on 12/24 and would like to use the lounge in MSP and ATL. Can I get access to SC without my card?

Thanks!
Old Dec 14, 2010, 6:49 am

I made DM in mid November. I don't recall when the DM choice email arriived, but probably within a week or two. The Skyclub card arrived yesterday!

However, if you are flying DL your boarding pass will get you in. NOt sure how it works if you are flying another airline.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:27 am

Programs: DL Diamond Medallion; AA Plat; UA Loser; Starwood Gold; Hitlon Diamond; National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by fmvinny
I just made DM and have the following questions:

1) I selected a choice benefit for PM a month back. How many choice benefits do I get for being DM and when do I get to pick. For PM, I received an e-mail from DL advising me to pick a choice benefit. I have not received the same for DM.
2) I know I get a SC membership for being a DM. When do I recieve the SC card? I have a trip on 12/24 and would like to use the lounge in MSP and ATL. Can I get access to SC without my card?

Thanks!
If your account has updated to Diamond, you can pick them now. You should get 2 for 2010 and 2 for 2011.

Here is the link, but you have to log in.

https://www.delta.com/skymiles/about...fits/index.jsp
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by wjev
If your account has updated to Diamond, you can pick them now. You should get 2 for 2010 and 2 for 2011.

Here is the link, but you have to log in.

https://www.delta.com/skymiles/about...fits/index.jsp
Also don't forget the 1 PM choice for 2011. (OP said PM 2010 was already chosen.)

Your DM 2010 choice should be made by the end of February 2011, but think carefully about the timing of these. In particular, SWUs expire (must be applied to a ticket) one year after selection. Check the timing details if you plan to gift elite status to someone and pick it from the right year's choices art the best time.

IME as soon as delta.dumb updates your status, you can search the website for choice benefits and make your choices. Both DM choices for the same year must be picked at the same time and you cannot choose the same selection twice for the same year's benefits.

It wouldn't hurt to travel with a hard copy of your account statement showing your new status, just in case something goes wrong.

Your new status should be printed on any DL boarding passes and this allows you into domestic SkyClubs. Overseas, the plastic card seems generally to be needed, but you can also ask for an invitation card at the check in counter. Dragons are unpredictable.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 2:49 pm

Programs: Qatar Privilege Gold , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
My DM card arrived before my SC card. I used my DM card to enter SC - no problem Domestic

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.