FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Sky Club Special - Purchase 5 One-Day Passes for $99 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1157630-sky-club-special-purchase-5-one-day-passes-99-a.html)

elkapong Dec 8, 2010 8:45 am

Sky Club Special - Purchase 5 One-Day Passes for $99

Just received this as an email:

Shop this holiday offer and enjoy all the perks of Delta Sky Club™ for less. For the next few weeks, until December 31, 2010, you can purchase five One-Day passes for $99.00. That's a 60% savings of over $150.00.

Good for one year, these passes make excellent holiday gifts for family, friends and co-workers—even yourself. It's a great way to enjoy everything our 50 global lounges have to offer, including exceptional amenities in stylish, comfortable surroundings:

* Fully-stocked bars with complimentary beer, wine and cocktails on the house
* A variety of tasty snacks, served all day
* Free Wi-Fi so you can holiday shop, surf, check email or watch a movie
* Personalized flight assistance for all your needs
* Private restrooms (and showers in some locations)
* Wireless printers, fax machines and other productivity tools
* Current newspapers and magazines

This is one gift everyone will love (even if you get it last minute). To purchase, visit any Delta Sky Club location by December 31, 2010, and mention this offer.

mselizann Dec 8, 2010 8:46 am

Sky Club day pass deal

Just got this email-

Shop this holiday offer and enjoy all the perks of Delta Sky Club™ for less. For the next few weeks, until December 31, 2010, you can purchase five One-Day passes for $99.00. That's a 60% savings of over $150.00.

Good for one year, these passes make excellent holiday gifts for family, friends and co-workers—even yourself. It's a great way to enjoy everything our 50 global lounges have to offer, including exceptional amenities in stylish, comfortable surroundings:
Fully-stocked bars with complimentary beer, wine and cocktails on the house
A variety of tasty snacks, served all day
Free Wi-Fi so you can holiday shop, surf, check email or watch a movie
Personalized flight assistance for all your needs
Private restrooms (and showers in some locations)
Wireless printers, fax machines and other productivity tools
Current newspapers and magazines

This is one gift everyone will love (even if you get it last minute). To purchase, visit any Delta Sky Club location by December 31, 2010, and mention this offer.

USAF_Pride Dec 8, 2010 8:48 am

Does anyone know if you can use your e-certs at the skyclub to purchase this/memberships?

fti Dec 8, 2010 8:59 am

Another reason people will be moaning about overcrowded clubs.

I wonder if this would be allowed as part of the $200 AmEx platinum card allowance for airline charges.

james318 Dec 8, 2010 9:11 am

A pretty good deal. But I can see people buying them now and selling them after the first of the year for $30 a piece or something.

mrbrad Dec 8, 2010 9:27 am

Think this is a terrific deal. Bought 5 passes.

tkey75 Dec 8, 2010 9:29 am

Basically buy four get one free. It's something I'll take advantage of and I'm not contributing to overcrowding of SC, since I'd be in them anyway.

StayingHomeIsBetter Dec 8, 2010 9:33 am

Q: What is the difference between an airplane and a Sky Club?

A: The number of people that DL management can squeeze into an airplane is limited by the number of seats.

StayingHomeIsBetter Dec 8, 2010 9:34 am

Originally Posted by tkey75 (Post 15406443)
Basically buy four get one free. It's something I'll take advantage of and I'm not contributing to overcrowding of SC, since I'd be in them anyway.

Huh?

USAF_Pride Dec 8, 2010 9:36 am

I've been seriously toying with the idea of getting a membership, so yes, I would be adding to the over crowding. That being said, can you use e-certs to pay for Skyclub memberships?

fti Dec 8, 2010 9:50 am

Originally Posted by tkey75 (Post 15406443)

I have the same "huh?" as above. If you have access to the SC anyway, why waste money on these day passes?!?

tkey75 Dec 8, 2010 10:16 am

Originally Posted by fti (Post 15406611)
I have the same "huh?" as above. If you have access to the SC anyway, why waste money on these day passes?!?

Ah..clarification.

I don't fly too, too much and do not have a SC membership. When I do fly - and time permits - I purchase a $25 day pass which can be well worth it, IMHO. Getting one for free is a nice bonus.

javabytes Dec 8, 2010 10:30 am

Originally Posted by james318 (Post 15406323)
A pretty good deal. But I can see people buying them now and selling them after the first of the year for $30 a piece or something.

I doubt it. There are so many already available from AmEx, SunTrust, etc., that they often sell for $20-30 already.

StayingHomeIsBetter Dec 8, 2010 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by USAF_Pride (Post 15406511)
I've been seriously toying with the idea of getting a membership, so yes, I would be adding to the over crowding. That being said, can you use e-certs to pay for Skyclub memberships?

I have been told by someone here (different thread) that you can.

However, I have had desk attendants in the club tell me no, that eCerts can only be used for tickets.

Also, had this confirmed by someone in SC management.

I, too, wish I could burn some eCerts for my renewal.

GYEWorldTraveler Dec 8, 2010 1:59 pm

This makes me chuckle a little bit. Think of the people out there that selected them as their choice benefit lol. I don't know that anyone did but this makes the $100-200 benefit suddenly only worth like $80.