FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   AJC article - Frequent flyers dish on Delta (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1156908-ajc-article-frequent-flyers-dish-delta.html)

turkeyRIOO Dec 5, 2010 8:15 am

ajc article on FT- hard copy only right now

There is an article on the ATL DO in the ajc hard copy edition this morning. Front page of the business section. The article gives a very positive spin to FT. There is a picture of a named FTer as a "gate agent for a day". I will post when a link is available. Discusses gate lice, fake cheese, bischoff, and MRs

link now available, thanks PRWeezer

http://www.ajc.com/business/frequent...on-768671.html

PRWeezer Dec 5, 2010 8:29 am

Here's a shorter version that ran in the Athens (GA) paper 11/25:

http://www.onlineathens.com/stories/...41139138.shtml

travelingsalesgal Dec 5, 2010 8:30 am

Originally Posted by turkeyRIOO (Post 15384712)
There is an article on the ATL DO in the ajc hard copy edition this morning. Front page of the business section. The article gives a very positive spin to FT. There is a picture of a named FTer as a "gate agent for a day". I will post when a link is available. Discusses gate lice, fake cheese, bischoff, and MRs

Thanks for this!!! I'm in the SkyClub so i went and grabbed one. Yay Drew is right on the front! I haven't even read the article yet. :) Doing that now

pbjag Dec 5, 2010 8:47 am

Cool! Off to download the AJC from PressReader now...

Edited: verifying that the article is available via the PressReader app.

davakkar Dec 5, 2010 9:14 am

Originally Posted by travelingsalesgal (Post 15384778)
Thanks for this!!! I'm in the SkyClub so i went and grabbed one. Yay Drew is right on the front! I haven't even read the article yet. :) Doing that now

Whoa boy, I guess I need to go buy an AJC now, just to get a leg-up before the barrage of questions, fan mail, and papparazzi. :D

travelingsalesgal Dec 5, 2010 9:17 am

Originally Posted by davakkar (Post 15384976)
Whoa boy, I guess I need to go buy an AJC now, just to get a leg-up before the barrage of questions, fan mail, and papparazzi. :D

Can you come to the T Club right now and personally autograph mine?????? :D^

ohmark Dec 5, 2010 9:19 am

Originally Posted by davakkar (Post 15384976)
Whoa boy, I guess I need to go buy an AJC now :D

I wouldn't go that far.

davakkar Dec 5, 2010 9:19 am

Originally Posted by travelingsalesgal (Post 15385003)
Can you come to the T Club right now and personally autograph mine?????? :D^

For you dear, of course you get an autographed copy. But I'll have to consult my attorney before I do too many. I don't want to flood the market with 'em... they'll all end up on ebay anyway ;)

travelingsalesgal Dec 5, 2010 9:22 am

Originally Posted by davakkar (Post 15385013)
For you dear, of course you get an autographed copy. But I'll have to consult my attorney before I do too many. I don't want to flood the market with 'em... they'll all end up on ebay anyway ;)

I am honored... When will your agent be releasing information about your forthcoming press tour???? :)

Geogirl1234 Dec 5, 2010 9:31 am

The article is as much about Flyertalk.com and the Delta forum as it is about the DO. The article states that many Delta employees monitor the site everyday, some participate and the executives get a daily summary of what's discussed on FT. I guess what's said here really matters?

avidflyer Dec 5, 2010 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Geogirl1234 (Post 15385071)
I guess what's said here really matters?

And has for quite a while.

StayingHomeIsBetter Dec 5, 2010 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Geogirl1234 (Post 15385071)
The article is as much about Flyertalk.com and the Delta forum as it is about the DO. The article states that many Delta employees monitor the site everyday, some participate and the executives get a daily summary of what's discussed on FT. I guess what's said here really matters?

Yes... as indicated by how quickly the award calendar has been fixed.

avidflyer Dec 5, 2010 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter (Post 15385786)
Yes... as indicated by how quickly the award calendar has been fixed.

Well they do listen and do hear and do give what they hear weight but still choose to leave some things alone and take their chances.

hazelrah Dec 5, 2010 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by avidflyer (Post 15386102)
Well they do listen and do hear and do give what they hear weight but still choose to leave some things alone and take their chances.

Jeff Robertson Deltaspeak on one-way awards at one half-redemption rate - "There is no reason to have one way awards"

Deltaspeak translation. We know that one-way awards at 1/2 redemption rate would provide value to our customer base but it adds nothing to the bottom-line so we will do nothing. Quite the contrary, Delta management is pleased to provide every opportunity to reduce the amount of Skypesos. Also, Frankly, our IT system is a mess and this is not a priority.

Delta management Deltaspeak on the broken-award calendar. - "we know that the award calendar has problems and we are fixing them"

Deltaspeak translation- We know that our award calendar search is an unholy abomination. Frankly, we are focused on the bottom-line so we can maintain our bonuses. We'll put some lipstick on the pig, and Delta management is pleased to provide every opportunity to reduce the amount of Skypesos. Oh, did we neglect to say that our fixes are at a glacial pace?

3Cforme Dec 5, 2010 4:08 pm

It's always a good time to add to the Edit Ignore List, found at

Members
My FlyerTalk
Settings & Options