Search

Mileage Run Same Day Confirm Issues

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2010, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF, UA, BA/IB, VS, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Mileage Run Same Day Confirm Issues

FYI:

Doing a mileage run today for diamond status. I snagged DEN-ATL-IAD-ATL-DEN for $150.

Originally thought I would meet up with my mother for lunch, so i bought my ticket with a few hours layover in Washington. Lunch got canceled, so on the outbound in ATL I tried to same day confirm for an earlier return IAD-ATL-DEN.

Tried with gate agent, customer service, platinum line to no avail. If you show checked in and your return is on the same day they won't be able to confirm you until you start your return or the final outbound flight closes.

On a positive note, those nasty hard bagels during breakfast have been replaced by delicious warm blueberry muffins.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 10:36 am
Original Poster

update:

in flight on last leg of outbound, and once flight closed it looks as though i was automatically SDC'ed for the return...

that is unless one of the people i spoke with went back and took care of it?
Old Dec 4, 2010, 12:33 pm

Programs: NW-PE, Blue Star SeaSmiles
Heck, I'll be glad when we can check in for the inbound before the out is completed. That may fix the SDC issue as well.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

i forgot to mention the check-in part as well.

i thought that with SkyTeam you were "supposed" to be able to check-in for all of your flights at once on a particular day.

i remember on AF that if you were doing a business day trip, both boarding cards would print out in the morning.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 3:00 pm

Programs: Delta PM, HHonors Silver, AVIS First
I did an 8 leg mileage run and had to get boarding passes 4 times in 28 hours. Not only can't you check in for the inbound until the outbound is complete... you can't get more than 3 boarding passes at a time. They issued BPs for 3 of the 4 outbound flights... Then I had to go to a Ticket Agent in ATL for the 4th... then I had to go to a Gate Agent in SAN for 5, 6, and 7 (inbound)... then I had to go to a Gate Agent in DTW for #8.

Forget about checking in online for a 4 segment one way itinerary... apparently that isn't doable, either.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 4:47 pm

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by MFMeow
They issued BPs for 3 of the 4 outbound flights... Then I had to go to a Ticket Agent in ATL for the 4th... then I had to go to a Gate Agent in SAN for 5, 6, and 7 (inbound)... then I had to go to a Gate Agent in DTW for #8.

Forget about checking in online for a 4 segment one way itinerary... apparently that isn't doable, either.
Don't forget once you're inside security, you can always just board by having them scan your GM card-- the stub prints out and you board without worrying about stopping to pick up a boarding pass.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 6:46 pm

That's a new one on me. Might make it worth carrying the card around.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 6:57 am

Programs: DL-Kryptonium (DM+); HH-Diamond, SPG-Gold
You can check in for MR flights...

Just did this last Wed and noted it in the post discussing the upgrades to the website:

FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airline Programs > Delta SkyMiles
MAJOR website changes today! Holy cow!!

I did a JFK-SFO MR last Tue. It let me check in for both flights at the 24h window of the outbound.

Similiar to the OP, I had planned on lunch with a friend then decided to move to an earlier flight since the upgrade chances were significantly better (upgrade achieved). I call SMS from my seat as we were still boarding the outbound and they said I had to call back once the flight was complete. As soon as we landed and during taxi to the gate, call SMS and was SDC, upgrade listed for the earlier flight.

With free GoGo right now, I posted a question about if its even possible to SDC via Delta.com while in the air. Haven't looked at any responses yet since it the point was moot by the time I could get to the site.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gld, SPG Gld, Hyatt, PC, CBP Global Entry
Originally Posted by Crackerpup
Just did this last Wed and noted it in the post discussing the upgrades to the website:

FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airline Programs > Delta SkyMiles
MAJOR website changes today! Holy cow!!

I did a JFK-SFO MR last Tue. It let me check in for both flights at the 24h window of the outbound.

Similiar to the OP, I had planned on lunch with a friend then decided to move to an earlier flight since the upgrade chances were significantly better (upgrade achieved). I call SMS from my seat as we were still boarding the outbound and they said I had to call back once the flight was complete. As soon as we landed and during taxi to the gate, call SMS and was SDC, upgrade listed for the earlier flight.

With free GoGo right now, I posted a question about if its even possible to SDC via Delta.com while in the air. Haven't looked at any responses yet since it the point was moot by the time I could get to the site.
I thought you always have to call in for SDC. Is there a way doing SDC online?
Old Dec 5, 2010, 3:06 pm

Programs: DL-Kryptonium (DM+); HH-Diamond, SPG-Gold
At this point, you need to call after...

Originally Posted by lv2vl
I thought you always have to call in for SDC. Is there a way doing SDC online?
your outbound leg has landed. I could not find a way to do it online while in flight per my post. I posited the question in a different thread and didn't get confirmation either way.

At this point, my understanding and actual experience says that you need to be on the ground after the outbound flight, to CALL and SDC (or do it when you get to the gate depending on how long the turn is).
Old Dec 5, 2010, 3:14 pm

Programs: DL
Just finished a BNA-DTW-SFO MR and the GA had to print my outbound boarding passes because the connections were so close. He had trouble doing it but eventually got it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.