Wiki Posts
Search

JfK-lax equipment change

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2010, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL
JfK-lax equipment change

I thought that JFK-lax was supposed to be guarenteed on 757 aircraft with business elite (etops version). Looking at my flight for tomorrow dl 2863 it looks like it has been changed to a domestic 757. Being number 1 on the upgrade list this really pisses me off. I took the direct flight even thouh it cost more just because I knew I had a good chance of getting upgraded into BE. Why does this happen? I would be super pissed off if I had payed for J like I sometimes do.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 9:39 pm

Programs: DL FO
email delta, they will give you some miles at least.

glad it's you and not me! for a period of about 3 hrs last night, my jfk-sfo flight was switched to a domestic config. but now it's back to normal... and with 13 open seats in BE! good luck, hopefully it's at least properly catered and you get PTVs.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 9:48 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Speaking as a fellow Platinum . . .

I never buy paid F tix, so I'd hafto say that if I did, yes, I'd be very peeved that I didn't get the service that was advertised for my money. Now, my opinion as to a V upgrade . . .

If you're #1 right now on the list for a noon flight tomorrow, that is sure to change as more people check in. The new plane has 30 seats up front showing 18 open on the seat map. The BE 757's have 16 seats, so in theory, 14 of those 18 open seats wouldn't be there if it was the original aircraft. So, you have a better shot at an upgrade on the domestic 757. This being a holiday week, I'd think that there'd be less competition for upgrades. I guess it could go either way! Did I make ya feel any better?? Probably not!!
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:04 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
lol i find it funny that your upset that your upgrade won't be BE if you happen to get it.

I could understand you being pissed if you paid for F

.... happens planes break down. I would be even more pissed if the plane they replaced it with went down with me onboard just so they didn't piss off possible upgradees
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by davetravels
Speaking as a fellow Platinum . . .

I never buy paid F tix, so I'd hafto say that if I did, yes, I'd be very peeved that I didn't get the service that was advertised for my money. Now, my opinion as to a V upgrade . . .

If you're #1 right now on the list for a noon flight tomorrow, that is sure to change as more people check in. The new plane has 30 seats up front showing 18 open on the seat map. The BE 757's have 16 seats, so in theory, 14 of those 18 open seats wouldn't be there if it was the original aircraft. So, you have a better shot at an upgrade on the domestic 757. This being a holiday week, I'd think that there'd be less competition for upgrades. I guess it could go either way! Did I make ya feel any better?? Probably not!!
The Transcon 757s have 26 seats in F. For 2863 tomorrow (11/24), I show only 8 seats filled.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
lol i find it funny that your upset that your upgrade won't be BE if you happen to get it.

I chose the flight over cheaper connecting flights for that reason. And my exit row seat is suddenly not an exit row anymore and delta.dumb won't let me change it
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:11 pm

the JFK > LAX/SFO normally only has 16 seats in F not 26.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:13 pm

Yes but you paid for coach with a hopeful upgrade I don't think you have an argument or deserve and compensation. Upgrades are luck of the draw, so are equipment swaps.

You lost the BE Seat but are most likely getting the BE upgrade. You'll get the food etc just not the seat
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:16 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by javabytes
The Transcon 757s have 26 seats in F. For 2863 tomorrow (11/24), I show only 8 seats filled.
Whoops! My late nite goof! I was doing 7 rows X 4 + 2!! Should have been 6 X 4 + 2 = 26!! Math was always my best subject!! I'm not sure that really changes anything. I just checked and DL.com isn't selling any more J seats. Interesting, with 18 seats open on the seat map!
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
surprised no one has mentioned this yet. Your plat so you get free SDC. Why not roll the dice and do a SDC to the 3:00 pm flight, DL # 165. Looks like about 8 open seats so far in business elite. EF shows J8
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:52 pm

I must've entered the wrong date, or something. All of a sudden DL.com IS selling J seats on the 12PM! I dunno!
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:52 pm

Programs: DL-Kryptonium (DM+); HH-Diamond, SPG-Gold
Good call and observation...

Originally Posted by nypdLieu
surprised no one has mentioned this yet. Your plat so you get free SDC. Why not roll the dice and do a SDC to the 3:00 pm flight, DL # 165. Looks like about 8 open seats so far in business elite. EF shows J8
^^^ personal/work schedule permitting.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:55 pm

Programs: DELTA
Question Question For All of you JFK'ers

I have about 4 and a half hours to "luxuriate" in the JFK SC's next Saturday. What are my chances of snagging a shower at one of the JFK SC's that is so equipped? Any tips for increasing my odds of getting access to one of the showers?

-A
Old Nov 23, 2010, 11:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by HWGeeks

.... happens planes break down. I would be even more pissed if the plane they replaced it with went down with me onboard just so they didn't piss off possible upgradees
+1...especially the part about if you paid for F you would have a better case.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 11:03 pm

Programs: DL-Kryptonium (DM+); HH-Diamond, SPG-Gold
Shouldn't be an issue...

Originally Posted by Poopdeck90210
I have about 4 and a half hours to "luxuriate" in the JFK SC's next Saturday. What are my chances of snagging a shower at one of the JFK SC's that is so equipped? Any tips for increasing my odds of getting access to one of the showers?

-A
Ask nicely and it shouldn't be an issue at all. Usually Sat's are family travelers and I've rarely seen them use showers during a connection.

Enjoy your time in JFK!

PS: They've upgrade some (not all) of the food options. Worth a look if you're so inclined.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.