Community
Wiki Posts
Search

skyclub login fails with Firefox

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2010, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
skyclub login fails with Firefox

Anyone else having this problem? For the past month, six or eight different sky clubs, when I try to log in with Firefox I get a 404 not found page. I then launch IE and log right in.

I'm in the BOS club now, was talking to another guest who only has Firefox and he can not log in.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA EP, HH LT Diamond
I did have some issues logging in at the SC using firefox. What I did was just log in as a Sky Club guest and it worked fine. I didn't make the connection that it was firefox related. (If it was...)
Old Nov 16, 2010, 3:19 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
I have had this issue on the initial load of the page, but if I reload the page, I can log in.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by me4yankees
I have had this issue on the initial load of the page, but if I reload the page, I can log in.
multiple Firefox reloads have failed for me all month.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 3:21 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
I used Chrome last week with no issues. Might be a good backup to IE.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 3:28 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
What I posted above worked for me on Oct. 31 and Nov. 3, but I haven't flown since then.

I am using Firefox 3.6.12. I haven't tried the Firefox 4 Beta.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 3:30 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Yes, I have had this issue for quite a while. I generally open IE, logon then open Firefox and start browsing.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by pdac1975
I did have some issues logging in at the SC using firefox. What I did was just log in as a Sky Club guest and it worked fine. I didn't make the connection that it was firefox related. (If it was...)
I generally log in as "guest" based upon advice that staff at the ORD club gave me... but it still often required multiple attempts.

Originally Posted by hockeystl
Yes, I have had this issue for quite a while. I generally open IE, logon then open Firefox and start browsing.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try that next time.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 3:37 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
I have been having this issue too. I found that you need to wait until the page loads completely (ie the status bar at the bottom is empty). There is something about that final load that a) takes a long time; and b) is required for the Guest/SkyClub links to work.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 3:43 pm

Programs: SPG/HGP/IHG/MR/HH/DL/UA/
Originally Posted by TTT
I have been having this issue too. I found that you need to wait until the page loads completely (ie the status bar at the bottom is empty). There is something about that final load that a) takes a long time; and b) is required for the Guest/SkyClub links to work.

Same here, whenever Firefox login doesn't work, I refresh the page and wait till fully load, and click on guest.
or
just open up IE
Old Nov 16, 2010, 4:13 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Same problem with Safari (at least on Windows)... simply login using IE and then use Safari for actual surfing works just fine though.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by me4yankees
+1. Happens in IE too. Reload the page.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TTT
Yep, I have also found you need to have the page fully load. I think T-Mobile really, really wants you to see the banner page images of their phone offerings.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by LBJ
Yep, I have also found you need to have the page fully load. I think T-Mobile really, really wants you to see the banner page images of their phone offerings.
That's what I've noticed as well - unless I do a full page load, I get the error message.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 5:57 pm

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
+1 -- i'll have the problem in either browser -- the key is to wait until the page *completely* loads before hitting the member or guest button. this can take minutes. tmobile sucks. but until the page load is "Done", i don't touch the buttons.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.