Wiki Posts
Search

SkyClub member then Diamond

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2010, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador

I did a search but did not see this answered.

I purchased a 3 year SkyClub membership earlier this year. A few weeks ago I made Diamond. Do they add a year to my membership? Or actually, I think it would be more than that since I would be Diamond thru 12/31/11 now.

Is there a way to see when my membership runs through?

I am surely hoping that I simply don't "get" this benefit because I was already a member.

Thanks!
Old Nov 16, 2010, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by lucycan
I am surely hoping that I simply don't "get" this benefit because I was already a member.
That's exactly what they offered to lifetime SC members who are also DM members.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 3:23 pm

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum

Should Delta offer an alternative benefit other than SkyClub access to those who become Diamond and are already have lifetime SkyClub membership?
Old Nov 16, 2010, 3:33 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
I would like AMEX to add an alternative to the RESERVE card for people who are Diamond, or many will drop that card and downgrade to Plat
Old Nov 16, 2010, 3:35 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
http://www.delta.com/help/faqs/skymi...qs.jsp#mem_ref

As soon as you qualify for Diamond, your existing membership is "on hold" and automatically extended for the number of months you qualify for Diamond status.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by mnbp
http://www.delta.com/help/faqs/skymi...qs.jsp#mem_ref

As soon as you qualify for Diamond, your existing membership is "on hold" and automatically extended for the number of months you qualify for Diamond status.
Thank you!
Old Nov 16, 2010, 3:48 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hertz Plat
Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
I would like AMEX to add an alternative to the RESERVE card for people who are Diamond, or many will drop that card and downgrade to Plat
Seconded.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 5:34 pm

Programs: Delta DM-KM,BA,AA,HH,MRTPlat,Choice
Agreed
Old Nov 16, 2010, 5:40 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by anbhc
Should Delta offer an alternative benefit other than SkyClub access to those who become Diamond and are already have lifetime SkyClub membership?
I asked Jeff Robertson at the DO if any consideration was given to LT SC members that were also DM's. He claimed there were only a few dozen that fit that profile so DL never instituted an alternative benefit. I then asked him if a few SC passes would be possible each year (to distribute to friends/family) for LT SC DM's and he basically danced around providing an answer. It would be nice if DL would at least toss us a small bone since we're double qualified.....
Old Nov 16, 2010, 5:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat, DL 0.8MM
Originally Posted by hockeystl
It would be nice if DL would at least toss us a small bone since we're double qualified.....
Agreed... very interesting that he said there were only a few dozen that met that profile and used that as ammo to shoot down doing something special for these customers.

I would think they'd see those few dozen as very loyal, deeply vested delta customers, on account of flying 160K miles/year and spending $2500 on a lifetime membership back in the NWA days, to still be flying Delta means they haven't been screwed over too badly.

When I was most recently evaluating a switch to United, my lifetime lounge membership factored into the decision (though not as much as my physical location).
Old Nov 16, 2010, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Ahead of you - I downgraded my Reserve card at lunchtime today because I had been paying for a largely-redundant benefit. On the topic in question, an alternative benefit would be excellent but there's sometimes trouble getting existing policy enforced.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 7:15 pm

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by icurhere2
Ahead of you - I downgraded my Reserve card at lunchtime today because I had been paying for a largely-redundant benefit. On the topic in question, an alternative benefit would be excellent but there's sometimes trouble getting existing policy enforced.
Any chance of getting a pro-rated refund of the difference in the card fees? I'll be about 4 months into my renewal when I make it to DM.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 8:14 am

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum

Perhaps Diamonds who have lifetime skyclub access should be able to gift SkyClub access membership each year they retain Diamond status

Originally Posted by anbhc
Old Nov 17, 2010, 10:02 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by lucycan
I did a search but did not see this answered.

I purchased a 3 year SkyClub membership earlier this year. A few weeks ago I made Diamond. Do they add a year to my membership? Or actually, I think it would be more than that since I would be Diamond thru 12/31/11 now.

Is there a way to see when my membership runs through?

Thanks!
To answer your question differently, about a month after I became Diamond I received a new SC membership card in the mail. The expiration date listed was exactly what it should have been...the 2/28/12 end of Diamond status (since they don't know if I'll requalify), plus they added the three or so months I had left in my membership...the new expiration date reflected that.

I hadn't gotten around to calling and was expecting a run around. Since this happened automatically, I was impressed. I suspect that they will send you a new card, and that expiration date will be 2/28/12 plus however many months you had left on your existing memebership.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 10:13 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hertz Plat
Originally Posted by flymonthly
Any chance of getting a pro-rated refund of the difference in the card fees? I'll be about 4 months into my renewal when I make it to DM.
In my experience CC companies typically do pro-rate annual fees. Let us know what you find out after calling AMEX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.