FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   First class MQM bonus for mileage run (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1148754-first-class-mqm-bonus-mileage-run.html)

dl767captain Nov 16, 2010 11:45 am

First class MQM bonus for mileage run

I was looking around and from what I understand buying a first class ticket gives me 1.5 MQMs for the miles flown. So SAN-ATL is usually 3,782 miles, with the first class bonus it should be 5,673. Is this correct? If so this would help me get to medallion status this year and would be worth it.

TCnSanDiegoCA Nov 16, 2010 11:50 am

Originally Posted by dl767captain (Post 15157978)
I was looking around and from what I understand buying a first class ticket gives me 1.5 MQMs for the miles flown. So SAN-ATL is usually 3,782 miles, with the first class bonus it should be 5,673. Is this correct? If so this would help me get to medallion status this year and would be worth it.

Yep, that's right. Suggest you consider SAN-RDU using the double MQM promo, in either J or Y, if your goal is miles / MQMs.

cmn.jcs Nov 16, 2010 11:55 am

Originally Posted by TCnSanDiegoCA (Post 15158036)
Yep, that's right. Suggest you consider SAN-RDU using the double MQM promo, in either J or Y, if your goal is miles / MQMs.

Do you know how many people are getting the bonus miles for going to the promo cities? The T&Cs say you don't get miles for going to those cities, but I know some people have been getting the bonus anyway.

MSPeconomist Nov 16, 2010 11:57 am

Originally Posted by dl767captain (Post 15157978)

Yes, you earn 150% MQMs for first and business class fares, including "discounted first class" A fares, as well as for Y, B, and M coach fares. The 150% is applied to the actual air miles (counted as nonstop for direct flights) or 500 miles, whichever is greater. For RTs from the four magic cities (RDU, PIT, BNA, and STL), the current promo gets you 300% MQMs but you must register and purchase tickets by the end of November. You should not get the extra MQMs for RTs *to* RDU but YMMV.

DLroads Nov 16, 2010 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by cmn.jcs (Post 15158106)
Do you know how many people are getting the bonus miles for going to the promo cities? The T&Cs say you don't get miles for going to those cities, but I know some people have been getting the bonus anyway.

seperate tickets, seperate PNR...

cmn.jcs Nov 16, 2010 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by DLroads (Post 15160471)
seperate tickets, seperate PNR...

Hmm? Are you suggesting that the OP go SAN-RDU, RDU-SAN-RDU, RDU-SAN on two separate PNRs? If you are, sure, that works. The poster I was referring to had indicated SAN-RDU, without the nested trip, though.

TCnSanDiegoCA Nov 16, 2010 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by cmn.jcs (Post 15158106)

I think you're referring to the T&C restriction on HUB cities, and not on the promo cities? I fly SAN-RDU regularly and have been getting DMQM.

dnkywhisperer Nov 16, 2010 2:59 pm

T&C state it must be a round trip originating from one of the 4 big bonuses cities. Others have posted that they received bonuses without meeting the T&C. I would imagine delta has the rights to review accounts and deduct miles. I don't think they would do that unless they have reason to, but do as you please.

cmn.jcs Nov 16, 2010 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by TCnSanDiegoCA (Post 15160989)
I think you're referring to the T&C restriction on HUB cities, and not on the promo cities? I fly SAN-RDU regularly and have been getting DMQM.

Lucky! As far as the understanding has been in the thread about this promo, it seems that trips going to the promo cities shouldn't get the DMQM and bonus RDM. Guess I'll have to see how lucky I get with a one-way from OKC to STL this weekend (prepping for two pseudo MRs!)

Sez_Who Nov 16, 2010 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by cmn.jcs (Post 15161125)
Lucky! As far as the understanding has been in the thread about this promo, it seems that trips going to the promo cities shouldn't get the DMQM and bonus RDM. Guess I'll have to see how lucky I get with a one-way from OKC to STL this weekend (prepping for two pseudo MRs!)

FWIW, you may get lucky but it would be just that. In the case of the OP, I don't know that I would want to spend that much for a ticket in F only to find all he gets is 1.5 MQM, not 3X. But everyone's mileage varies...

MK22 Nov 16, 2010 11:03 pm

If I go first class out of RDU do I get quadruple MQM?

cmn.jcs Nov 16, 2010 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by MK22 (Post 15167510)

Nope, only triple: 1.5 COS * 2 RDU promo

MK22 Nov 17, 2010 2:00 pm

Works for me!!

robtking Nov 17, 2010 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by MK22 (Post 15167510)

That would be nice :) But unfortunately, no.