Wiki Posts
Search

How's Delta's setup at ORD?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2010, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, AA Gold
How's Delta's setup at ORD?

I'm going to Chicago to see a show with friends this weekend, but I've never been to the Delta parts of O'Hare.

Is the SkyClub as nice as the one in MIA or the E-concourse one in ATL?

Is it easy to get to from the Blue Line?

Will AA and UA planes mock DL planes on the field for being unpopular and outnumbered?
Old Nov 16, 2010, 7:20 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
DL in ORD is a small operation, especially compared to AA or UA.

The terminal is the oldest, but it has been recently been redone.

The SC is an old NW club so it is is nice like the DTW or MEM cubs, but it is small like the N/S clubs in DTW. It is not nicer at the two clubs you listed. the club can get crowded at peak times, but on the weekend it should not be much of a problem.

It is no harder to get to from the Blue line than any other part of the airport.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 7:41 am

Programs: DL DM, National Emerald Club, Hilton Gold
I personally like the DL setup at ORD. Delta took over the old NW gates in Terminal 2. Security lines in T2 often move quickly even if your not in the Priority Lane.

Yes, the SkyClub can get overcrowded at times but it is the same design as many of the old Worldclubs with fireplaces and circular TV viewing rooms. I enjoy my time there each time I have the opportunity to visit.

And the EL is conveniently located at the end of T2. Basically just have to walk down a straight shot under the driveways and through the basement of the ORD Hilton and you are at the station. Not more than a 3 minute walk from baggage claim.

As far as getting out, it often seems to me that if you leaving either North or Southeast..DL is at the end of the main runways that leave in those directions. Heading out to the North is usually a very short taxi and you're in the air in minutes. Heading out South is a bit more of a taxi but not much. I have always enjoyed their spot when departing because of the proximity to the main N/S runways.

With all of that said, I normally will fly out of MKE because it is easier and quicker to drive to from where I live. Others probably have much different thoughts than me about ORD but it isn't bad on DL.

Safe Travels,
Jer
Old Nov 16, 2010, 9:12 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BonzoESC
I'm going to Chicago to see a show with friends this weekend, but I've never been to the Delta parts of O'Hare.

Is the SkyClub as nice as the one in MIA or the E-concourse one in ATL?

Is it easy to get to from the Blue Line?

Will AA and UA planes mock DL planes on the field for being unpopular and outnumbered?
[1] More different than nice, long but narrow. However, I do like the chairs with tables and easy power access. Old but very functional.

[2] Yep.

[3] Not really.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, AA Gold
Thanks for the answers, everyone!
Originally Posted by WildcatJer
I personally like the DL setup at ORD. Delta took over the old NW gates in Terminal 2. Security lines in T2 often move quickly even if your not in the Priority Lane.
I've never had problems with TSA at ORD on Sunday afternoons, and this time I'm Priority so it doesn't matter as much

Originally Posted by Sez_Who
[1] More different than nice, long but narrow. However, I do like the chairs with tables and easy power access. Old but very functional.
That's good; I had trouble finding power at AA's D15 at MIA last weekend.

Originally Posted by Singleflyer
The SC is an old NW club so it is is nice like the DTW or MEM cubs, but it is small like the N/S clubs in DTW. It is not nicer at the two clubs you listed. the club can get crowded at peak times, but on the weekend it should not be much of a problem.
Yeah, I'm flying back to MIA on Sunday afternoon, so I'm not expecting a packed ORD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.