Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Companion received miles on Amex companion cert

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Companion received miles on Amex companion cert

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2010, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Smile Companion received miles on Amex companion cert

A couple of months ago I booked a flight for me and my wife using an Amex gold companion cert, and we flew it last week. My wife was the companion in this case, so normally this means you don't earn miles. However she received normal RDMs and MQMs. So did I.

There was an itinerary change 2 months ago by Delta. Could this have something to do with her earning miles now? (Or in other words: did Delta IT mess up?) In the reservation on delta.com we did see the Companion icon.

Don't want to be more specific as my wife wants to keep these miles obviously, but still wanted to give a heads up here in case there is a loophole somewhere that can be used.

The trip was actually nice as we had a very friendly check-in agent who gave us priority luggage tags even when I'm only an FO. She said: we still appreciate also our Silver medallions! This was followed by a clueless agent (who probably was not a Delta employee) that sent us into the SkyPriority security line, saving us at least 15 minutes of waiting. Sometimes it's also still good to be "just" a FO.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Not to be mean, but I'd suggest removing this posting/info or the benefit may vanish if it catches somebody's radar.

Personally I think it should post as credit anyway since it is not a truely free ticket (requires buying a ticket already, and then you pay more taxes etc that are not normally on an award ticket).
Old Nov 15, 2010, 1:58 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Old Nov 15, 2010, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by rylan
Not to be mean, but I'd suggest removing this posting/info or the benefit may vanish if it catches somebody's radar.

Personally I think it should post as credit anyway since it is not a truely free ticket (requires buying a ticket already, and then you pay more taxes etc that are not normally on an award ticket).
not to be mean....but this is not a secret and has been widely posted in many threads.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.