Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Fort Lauderdale FLL Delta Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fort Lauderdale FLL Delta Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2017, 7:31 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I was in this club yesterday. There is a sign at the front indicating that it is going to close for renovations between May and September, 2018.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
I always thought you could check luggage 6 hours before a flight. Also, if you do have status, you could try SDC to an earlier flight and possibly skip SC all together
1.5 years ago after a cruise, they wouldn't check baggage until 2 hours before departure...
Old Dec 20, 2017, 5:03 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by ND76
I was in this club yesterday. There is a sign at the front indicating that it is going to close for renovations between May and September, 2018.
I believe the entire terminal is getting a reno and it is long overdue. I told someone the other day that if the Sky Club has to close for a few months so be it. I'll gladly live without it if it means the rest of the terminal is brought into the 21st century.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Thanks for the heads up, I guess I'll route through MIA or MCO the 2nd half of next year.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by GateGuardian
Thanks for the heads up, I guess I'll route through MIA or MCO the 2nd half of next year.
MCO?? That's nowhere near south Florida. What about PBI?
Old Dec 20, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
MCO?? That's nowhere near south Florida. What about PBI?
Hmmm... I didn't even know there was a SkyClub at PBI. I usually fly into MCO or FLL for the cheaper fares . My work is in the Fort Pierce area so the commute time is usually the same.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:34 pm

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
FLL Sky Club

Anyone know the date when the FLL Sky Club will reopen?

Thanks!
Old Oct 6, 2018, 5:49 am

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
October 15 at 4:45
puck021 likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Too bad. My flight out on Monday is in the morning so I am SOL. But then again, if they do manage to open anytime in October, they have beat the hell out of the UA Club over in terminal one which was scheduled to open sometime in August and which has now been postponed to February or March.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 7:35 am

The new temporary sky club opens Monday morning (10/15). The truly new one is still a year or two away, as the entire terminal gets renovated.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ncwillett
The new temporary sky club opens Monday morning (10/15). The truly new one is still a year or two away, as the entire terminal gets renovated.
So we will get to see if Delta can do a "temporary" club better than United which has provided a crowded, uncomfortable, and sparsely provisioned "temporary" at FLL and appears to be in no hurry to make one permanent.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 8:51 pm

Programs: DL GM
I have to say, I wish Delta would make "express" SkyClubs like the one FLL has had up until now a thing at every major airport. I have loved being able to just slip in, grab a pre-made to go bag with a snack and bottle of water and then being able to grab a cup of coffee and head to the gate. There are times when I really don't want to deal with a full-fledged SkyClub or don't have time and just want to get a coffee and a quick snack, I think having small express SkyClubs just outside of or even in the lobby of some of the bigger SkyClubs in the system would be fantastic and really popular.

The pre-made to go bags with the yogurt, granola and fruit have been really great every time I've had a morning flight. Seems like something they could easily implement just about everywhere without needing to hire extra personnel or give up extra space they might not have. Heck I'd be happy if they just had bottles of water we could grab from SkyClubs to take on the plane, I hate having to pay $5 for a bottle of water.
puck021 and pvn like this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 9:00 pm

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by RumPatrol
I have to say, I wish Delta would make "express" SkyClubs like the one FLL has had up until now a thing at every major airport. .
That would be great in airports like LAS and SJU where there is nothing!
RumPatrol likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 9:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
I can't even understand what the website says, it's open and closed temporarily at the same time?!?!
Fort Lauderdale FL US
  • Next to the Gate Information Center

Open

Closed temporarily and will reopen in Oct 2018: null to null

Old Oct 12, 2018, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by daloosh
I can't even understand what the website says, it's open and closed temporarily at the same time?!?!
Fort Lauderdale FL US
  • Next to the Gate Information Center

Open

Closed temporarily and will reopen in Oct 2018: null to null

I agree it's confusing the way it's indicated on that link but the reality is this: FLL has had a club for years. A few months ago it closed temporarily for renovations. It reopens this coming Monday, 10/15. In the meantime, they've had an "express" sky club in a corner of the terminal, where there are club attendants to pass out snack bags, water and coffee. So in that sense it's "open" but also "temporarily closed." Not a true club experience but better than nothing.
But as I posted above, the entire terminal is set to get renovated and there will be a completely new sky club when that happens, and it will be in a new 2nd floor part of the terminal.
daloosh likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.