Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Fort Lauderdale FLL Delta Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fort Lauderdale FLL Delta Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2020, 12:05 pm

Sorry for bumping such an old thread, but I couldn't find another FLL SC thread. Did the new SC ever get built? I can't find any information about it online. I know the signs I saw online a few years ago said it was coming in 2020. Thanks for any help.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 12:39 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by reecesavage
Sorry for bumping such an old thread, but I couldn't find another FLL SC thread. Did the new SC ever get built? I can't find any information about it online. I know the signs I saw online a few years ago said it was coming in 2020. Thanks for any help.
It's a smaller temporary club, but not the pop-up tent they earlier had. You may want to peruse this thread: Temporary FLL SkyClub. It gets a little off-topic towards the end.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by ekozie
It's a smaller temporary club, but not the pop-up tent they earlier had. You may want to peruse this thread: Temporary FLL SkyClub. It gets a little off-topic towards the end.
Thank you. I suppose that means the new club hasn't been built yet then. I wonder if it will still be open this year?
Old Feb 1, 2020, 2:14 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/3.4 MM, DLAmex Plat, PC Plat, MR Gold, HH Diamond, National Exec Elite, Hertz Gold 5*
T2 at FLL is currently under going construction. The SC is a condensed version of the original at the old location. Still the best staff in the network. The new SC will be on a mezzanine once the rebuild is done. Possibly early 2021 if all goes well.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA Ck, Delta DM, Marriott ambassador , Hertz President, National EE, Hilton Diamond ,
Originally Posted by TurfGuy
T2 at FLL is currently under going construction. The SC is a condensed version of the original at the old location. Still the best staff in the network. The new SC will be on a mezzanine once the rebuild is done. Possibly early 2021 if all goes well.
I couldn’t agree with you more. My favorite SC staff.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by scott56
I couldn’t agree with you more. My favorite SC staff.
Yes, of course! I know all Delta agents at FLL. I know someone who work for SC. I won't give you out a real name. Sorry!
Old Mar 14, 2021, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi all,

Delta Sky Club FLL construction is almost done.

Here’s a picture. My Delta friend send me a picture yesterday.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 8:37 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by N830MH
Hi all,

Delta Sky Club FLL construction is almost done.

Here’s a picture. My Delta friend send me a picture yesterday.
I'm looking forward to using the new SkyClub as soon as it opens. It was awful to fly through FLL the other week with all of the construction and congestion inside the terminal.
N830MH likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
I'm looking forward to using the new SkyClub as soon as it opens. It was awful to fly through FLL the other week with all of the construction and congestion inside the terminal.
Yes, I realize that. Too overcrowded!! Very congestion at TSA checkpoints. Soon, they will relocating to new security checkpoints. They will expanded more security lanes.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 5:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
Nice pic. I was just at FLL last week and didn't even notice that as we pushed back. I agree, long overdue. FLL was a freaking zoo with spring break travel
N830MH likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 5:50 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
any idea on expected opening date?
Old Mar 16, 2021, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ryno1234
any idea on expected opening date?
Yes, sometime at the end of 2021.
Ryno1234 likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 1:03 pm

delta.com shows it opening Jun 23rd. That might be optimistic, but the new terminal space is definitely getting closer to done, as I saw through an open door last night when we got in a 130am. Perhaps the lounge is closer to done and can open before the rest of the update is finished.
N830MH likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi all,

My friends gave it to me a couple pictures. Delta terminal 2. All I say wow! It’s so beautiful! The construction is done.

duhe likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by devans999
delta.com shows it opening Jun 23rd. That might be optimistic, but the new terminal space is definitely getting closer to done, as I saw through an open door last night when we got in a 130am. Perhaps the lounge is closer to done and can open before the rest of the update is finished.
Good to know!! I will see it when I come down there. I am sure that I will take a picture of new SC. I know someone who work there. I am going to FLL on July 20. I’m taking redeye flight. I will able see my friends again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.